Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My firmware is also the 20161007 so probably a later one was released shortly after

Sent from my M470BSS using Tapatalk

Comment

Alas since I had this problem from the start I didn't pay much mind to the stock Firmware version number.
      As is the case the OTA was not working for me, so I updated to the 20160929 Firmware that was posted in the Firmware Board.
      That too sadly did not help me fix my problems.

Then by a stroke of some good fortune I came across an older Firmware 20160827. Normally you can not just install this over a newer Firmware, that is already installed. But, thankfully I was able to force an install by unpacking the Files from that zip file to the MicroAD Card. Where it managed then to install correctly. Then from their I was able to get the OTA Service to work where it updated me to 20161007. Where I'm currently sitting.

As for 5Ghz... It more heart breaking that the Box can see it, and the strengths are in line with the 2.4G. But, the Box is stubbornly refusing to connect, and I have confirmed that the Passkey to the Router was correct by checking the wpa_suplicant.conf File.

I'ma gonna play with this for a bit more, but I'm torn between sending it back or chucking it on FLeBaay, and just picking up a Fire Box 2. The only things I have on my bucked list are.

802.11ac
      Bluetooth (for Headphones - where available, and Gamepad for RetroArch)
      Minimum 2GB RAM
      Tosslink Audio out (Though my new TV seems to support ARC) so perhaps I could live without this.

I was kinda hopeing that this Box with its 32Gb's of storage could have been a decent little Mediacenter with capabilities of playing old NES/SNES, PCE, Megadrive stuff from time to time. But that hasn't been the case till now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe
        Alas since I had this problem from the start I didn't pay much mind to the stock Firmware version number.
        As is the case the OTA was not working for me, so I updated to the 20160929 Firmware that was posted in the Firmware Board.
        That too sadly did not help me fix my problems.

Then by a stroke of some good fortune I came across an older Firmware 20160827. Normally you can not just install this over a newer Firmware, that is already installed. But, thankfully I was able to force an install by unpacking the Files from that zip file to the MicroAD Card. Where it managed then to install correctly. Then from their I was able to get the OTA Service to work where it updated me to 20161007. Where I'm currently sitting.

As for 5Ghz... It more heart breaking that the Box can see it, and the strengths are in line with the 2.4G. But, the Box is stubbornly refusing to connect, and I have confirmed that the Passkey to the Router was correct by checking the wpa_suplicant.conf File.

I'ma gonna play with this for a bit more, but I'm torn between sending it back or chucking it on FLeBaay, and just picking up a Fire Box 2. The only things I have on my bucked list are.

802.11ac
        Bluetooth (for Headphones - where available, and Gamepad for RetroArch)
        Minimum 2GB RAM
        Tosslink Audio out (Though my new TV seems to support ARC) so perhaps I could live without this.

I was kinda hopeing that this Box with its 32Gb's of storage could have been a decent little Mediacenter with capabilities of playing old NES/SNES, PCE, Megadrive stuff from time to time. But that hasn't been the case till now though.
        I see there is a beelink gt1 thread and noticed people had issues with Bluetooth and wifi after update. They posted a solution. I don't know if that will assist you?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Think the latest firmware for the yoka tv may help you. As stated I did the 20101007. They obviously realised there was issue with the late sept firmware so released a new version quickly.

Last edited by Sandstorm76; 10-17-2016, 02:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandstorm76 View Post
            Think the latest firmware for the yoka tv may help you. As stated I did the 20101007. They obviously realised there was issue with the late sept firmware so released a new version quickly.

I was able to eventually update to the 20161007 (October Upgrade), though a downgrade backdoor. 20160827 (August Update).
            So that makes Three available Firmwares for me to test on. Neither of them have what I would describe as working WiFi.

On a brighter note the 20161007 Firmware seems to have fixed the buggy Dolby Digital & DTS dropouts (See Passthrough Fix).
            So it's increasing likely I got hit with another dud. I'm playing on contacting Deal Exreme once again, about an RMA, and refund on this Box. That I just replaced it with a FireTV 2.

Comment

Do you know if it includes a working auto frame rate adjust?
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Looks like it's not available yet on OTA. Will keep checking. Is there a way of keeping all your settings, kodi etc and update firmware by OTA or do I have to wipe clean before doing the OTA update?

Comment

You don't have to wipe data etc, but ensures a good clean run no Junk in the Trunk,
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Looks like they have de tweaked or turned off the overclocking in the current firmware, one way to remove the heat I guess
                    But as always speculation only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	23m360j.png
Views:	40
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	604659
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	cpu-z.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	604658
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The reason I asked is someone posted the step by step instructions and mentioned ticking the boxes of wipe data and wipe media then do factory reset once installed.

Comment

Yep don't have to check the boxes, but as mentioned less chance of junk in the trunk always a good idea,
                        its only software.
                        Cheers
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

i have that box too, nice to see there is no passthrough problem on kodi, it has 20161007 fw,
                            but theres always heat warning after watching a movie and kodi shuts down itself at the and of movie

Comment

The Kodi crash... Seems to me to be something totally other than a heat issue. As if left to its own Kodi almost always closes down after a ~movie~ if you don't get control of it first. So its probably safe to assume that Kodi is also still suffering from the seemingly random crashes that happen. But, from what I've gathered this seems to be a S912 wide problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X