Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI OTA

Click image for larger version

Name:	9ed1e0cc-69b3-45b6-90f2-4e483919f8e8.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	591886

Name:	YOKATV-KB2-Amlogic-S912-TV-BOX--373423-.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	591884

Amlogic S912

Android Marshmallow

DDR3 2GB RAM, eMMC 32GB Flash

IEEE 802.11ac

Gigabit LAN

Name:	YOKATV-KB2-Amlogic-S912-TV-BOX--373433-.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	591885

Geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Any 1 no if there software OTA for this. R they any good for updates. Thanks.
    Last edited by bigall123; 08-23-2016, 14:59.

Comment

Snazzy looking in white.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M
        Bit Of a quick look at the YokaTv 2/32gb, Nice lot of ram 2/32gb lots of room to move

Amlogic S912, Android Marshmallow, DDR3 2GB RAM, eMMC 32GB Flash, IEEE 802.11ac, Gigabit LAN

Very large Remote uses AA batteries
        Multi Power Pack to suit all regions like that a lot 5Vdc/2Amps
        Nice looking Unit with external Wifi

Basic ports all around nothing in excess here KB2 on the front looks a little of an afterthought to me

Top all plastic and the base plate, Metal. Remove 4 pads and in we go, nice to see a little bit of height in the feet pads

Hmmm, Black Insulation all 4 corners looks a bit of an after thought

Nanya Ram used in this unit, not much else under here to see

Heat Sink secured fairly well will leave it for now

WiFi Chip and an actual Wifi Connector good to see

Looks like 2 Power Buttons, other for a switch mech from on top of case I guess

Blue Led Pad shine through top logo for a bit of an effect

And when powered of we get a Red Glow happening

Last edited by trebor; 10-08-2016, 00:49.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Can't wait for benchmark test,this should have better score than the mx box because of heatsink

Comment

This one is running about 10c hotter that the other, so the heat sink is not doing much, All will be fixed sooner or later
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Need to start adding fans in that case

Comment

From what can be seen on package pictures, I see no reference to Kodi or XBMC. This is a real "plus" for US customers, ref. customs.

Also seeing a clearly labeled UART pads.
                Board mounted coaxial connector a nice touch.
                Does the IR remote work well?

Comment

Remote is Ok not much done to much in that area yet AA batteries been awhile since I have seen that in a remote for a Media Player.
                  Benchmarks are pretty much same as the other, hits 90c so thermal is not good at present we fix.
                  Worked well out of the box, Google and logins no problems.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Doesn't look bad for the price.

Comment

More testing on the YOKA TV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M

After a bit of mucking about and testing the overall of this Unit is OK,
                      Does run many degrees hotter than another I have tested going by Temps Showing

But out the box first attempt is OK, needs of tweaking to get the performance up.

Some will miss not having upper and lower task bar bothers me not.

No Rotation problems with apps on this media player, and easy fix in Build.prop

This Unit does have Root no SU installed at start.

I won't go on about Video, Kodi and HD its always the same to start with on most media players things improve as time goes by.
                      I have played a few 4k and normal Videos 1080 and there ok, Using analog SPIDF to my Sound bar.

WiFi and Ethernet is ok for my location but it did struggle a little 2.4 a few good tweeks.

Remote Control Is of a learning type, need to find the Instructions on that to learn how to learn the remote.
                      Instructions found, cat decided to move the instruction manual to a location suited to his needs

I see no CEC control in the Settings and HDR settings can be found Display On , Off or Auto.

I think you will find most of these s912 will be much the same unless they incorporate Good fast Ram/eMMc and thermal dissipation without a fan.
                      Comparing this Unit to another I have tested, much the same a few numbers either way pending on the day.

No nasty surprises, with running of Android, switched on loaded it up, and worked out of the box, and looks ok.
                      I will get a chance to have it running on the bench and see how it performs in the day to day stuff

Like all these test/reviews I do just to give you an idea of what it can do, will not get drawn into what is better than or works better.
                      Plenty of Hyper reviews around for that.

You can see the full listing Of Geekbench > https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/7940203

Ethernet

Hot

Last edited by trebor; 08-27-2016, 20:30. Reason: Instructions Found
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

To Finish of for the moment a small Video of UI and system YOKA TV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I like the launcher, very impressive.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Further thoughts on the Yoka TV 2/32Gb
                            Been having a good fiddle with the Yoka TV over the weekend and most I throw at it is working well.
                            Plex, Netflix(no HD but very watchable), Kodi 17.1,

Plugged in the Tronsmart G01 gamepad and tried to improve my Asphalt 8 skills and as usual failed.

Bluetooth Soundbar all good, with all sounds form Kodi, and games no issues there,
                            Speeds on wifi and Ethernet also found to work well.

Does all as expected all things loaded tested Kodi 17.1 not 100% in some area but something a little different, normal Video's and a few sample tested,
                            This seem's to be the Norm with Kodi and most media players of this caliber

If this was your first purchase and with lots of storage, I don't think you would be to disappointed Yoka TV 2/32Gb is working well.
                            No major problems. and worked well out of the box.
                            Does get a little Warm by temp readings but did not suffer any meltdowns also has a nice look and the small led light show/glow it has is not in your face.

Unit Does have full root, and you can do as you wish to customise to whatever you need.
                            Found a fix (thanks prahjister) to enable Enter key Complete commands a small build.prop mod.

Also mastered the Huge remote and its learning Skill,
                            Pushing Set, hold for a few seconds then button you want to program for the TV, then hold the button you want to add to this remote on your TV's remote,
                            Point the two remotes at each other few seconds it's done. You can add upto 6 control to manage your TV.
                            The two next to the setup button along the top, and 4 along the bottom all programmed my Sony TV,

Name:	remote1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	593430
                            Thanks To Videostrong for the Sample Unit

Gearbest

Geekbuying
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Is it a gyroscopic remote?
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                              X