Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Player Android 6.0 Amlogic S912 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G+5G Dual Band WIFI Gigabit LAN Bluetooth KODI LED Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Player Android 6.0 Amlogic S912 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G+5G Dual Band WIFI Gigabit LAN Bluetooth KODI LED Display

Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Player-Android-6-0-Amlogic-S912-2G-16G-TV-BOX-376798-.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	595017

Amlogic S912

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

DDR3 2GB RAM, eMMC 16GB Flash

Dual Band WIFI

Gigabit LAN

4K Resolution
    Click image for larger version

Name:	xb.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	595018
    Geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

lightus brightus
    Last edited by Electroman; 09-14-2016, 01:38.

Comment

Hello, i have this Box, can i flash another firmware?
      I want use a Touchscreen Monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Heggy View Post
        Hello, i have this Box, can i flash another firmware?
        I want use a Touchscreen Monitor.
        I flashed a T95z firmware over mine to fix an issue. Check out my post for steps I took and needed files, it can be done with the right firmware.

Cheers!
        Hi There! I am new to this site but along the way It is where I found the solutions to my tv box issue. I have my tv box back up and running flawlessly now,

Comment

Thanks DonMecca! I was looking for something like this. After you flashed did you notice if the DTS passthrough was working? Are you able to load and use Netflix for Android TV (Not the phone/tablet version on the playstore)?

Thanks

Comment

Can confirm after flashing superceleron's custom 6.0.1 ROM I have fluid DTS PT. The stock firmware it shipped with is utter shit.

Comment

Just so you know I went in to this completely blindly, and the flash worked for me probably sheerly out of some luck. I found what I believed was a T95Z Plus firmware version T5ZP0013 after I did my successful flash, and attempted to flash this over the successful one I wrote about. Needless to say I ended up bricking the device and couldn't even get to the boot menu to fix it. the box was dead by all means other than the working led when attempting to power up. I suggest doing your research before you attempt any of this on your own, and don't do it if your not comfortable with it. I don't want to be held responsible if u do something incorrectly, I wrote what I did and packaged the files that worked for me, to help aid others in their research or in a desperate attempt to fix a broken firmware, not as a working fix for the general public. As for the dts issue, I have no way to verify now for you, I wish you luck on your journey for a better firmware then the one that comes loaded on the xplayer in shipping. Xplayer in my opinion was a box that the specs sounded great but was plagued with bugs, including green screen flickers which I can say the successful flash I did corrected these random green screen flickers issue. If u can find anything to aid others please return and post for people to learn from, each of us testers are adding to future successful flashes/fixes for this particular box and is valuable info. Also the HDMI CEC feature that was not present on my xplayer was fixed and tested working with the successful flash I did.

When I created the boot SD card and inserted it into the xplayer before powering on, I then held the reset button and powered the device on, after a few seconds the flashing commenced on its own without even taking me to the boot menu, it showed the green android and the progress bar progressed until 100% was done. I left box for ten minutes after and it wouldn't reboot so I unplugged and rebooted on my own. Device worked great with this firmware, I just f'd up when I got another firmware from a different site that I believed was for the xplayer and was newer, I should have left well enough alone. I hope someone can learn from my mistake that this is a risky process but can be done and was verified as working by me and is possible to do.

Hope this helps you out a bit in your journey.

Cheers!
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Oh shit! Sorry to hear that Don. To be clear I personally couldn't get your method to work :-) It wouldn't flash to my device (got the red x). Superceleron's worked perfectly.

I did hear there was an advertised T95Z Plus update but it was really for a different device.

As long as you are flashing the exact same chipset you should be fine. I plan to only use superceleron's custom flashes since he makes them run more efficient.

with the right flash the xplayer is amazing little device for only 60 dollars.

Comment

Pst ---70 dollars you forgot to add in your 10.00 donation to Super
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Pst ---70 dollars you forgot to add in your 10.00 donation to Super
                    Lol. True that ;-)

Comment

I'm also looking on changing the firmware. I tried to find this superceleron firmware, but I found several with this name.
                      Which one are you using ?
                      How do we update this box, I don't see any input USB on it. Do we have to use the SDCARD ?
                      Can you give more details on how you did it ?
                      And give some feedbacks on this firmware. Is everything is working as expected ?
                      Thanks a lot for your time.

Comment

Hi Heyyo,

First some info. Here is the link to the firmware (at least the one I used, but I will get to that) -- http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-v1-final-rom

Here is the actual firmware file from that link of directions -- http://freak-tab.de/luis/sunvell/SC-...1-T95ZPLUS.zip

First and foremost you HAVE to have a threshold level of understanding to do this stuff. I think its quite easy but don't dismiss the fact that it can confuse others.

All these android boxes are is a SOC (or software on a chip). China (or whoever) takes a specific SOC (in our case its the S912 board), put it in a shell, give it a wonky name and sell it... as fast as they can. Typically you get no support, no firmware updates,etc.

So for example. I have the "X-Player" which is a S912 octa-core A53 2GB / 16GB. This so happens to be the *exact* same SOC that is in the T95Z box I linked above. Because they are the same chipset a firmware for the T95Z should (and it really is should) work on my X-Player. After successfully flashing it, I can tell you it does.

First what is the exact name of the box you have? I'm suspicious as all S912 SOCs have at least 2 USB and 1 SDCARD slot. I used the SDCARD method because it was the easiest and it worked for me. The process is you download some software onto your PC. Load a 8GB SDCARD into a slot on your PC. Run the software which will "burn" the software onto the SD CARD. Take the SD CARD out of the computer. Unplug your device. Put the SD CARD in your device. Put in the power while holding the reset button (this button is in different places on different boxes). If you did it right you will see an ANDROID icon on your screen and the update is taking place. Here are the literal steps (from another helpful user) found in the link I gave you above. I followed this exactly and it worked great.

In terms of the firmware, and IF you have this specific SOC its a godsend. Using the stock firmware, the entire device was sluggish and couldn't play my DTS MKVs without skipping. This custom firmware speeds up the device, gets rid of all the bloatware, and it LOOKS to place a more stable version of the Marshmellow android OS. Everything works great now and I couldnt be happier.

I hope some of this helps.

++++

Steps I used to install superceleron's T95Z rom via SD card:

- Download: superceleron's T95Z rom (page 1)
                        - Extract the .img file from the downloaded zip file
                        - Connect a blank SD card to your computer
                        - Download: Burn Card Maker: http://download2228.mediafire.com/49...i169vzi/TF.rar
                        - Open Burn Card Maker

- Configure the settings (see attached screenshot) -- http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?i...3&d=1484537221

- Select your connected SD card in the drop down menu at the top
                        - Uncheck the top right checkbox “bootloader”.
                        - Check the other 3 checkboxes.
                        - Select the .img file from superceleron's T95Z rom

- Click the OK buttom at the bottom right to begin burning to SD card

- After burn process is completed, insert SD card into your T95Z
                        - Reboot T95Z into recovery using toothpick method
                        - The T95Z will automatically begin installing update from the SD card
                        - Be patient while it install. My Device was loading on “Freaktab.com” boot screen for 5-10min.

*my Wifi device will not turn on my T95Z Plus. HOWEVER, I had this problem before flashed superceleron’s rom, so I don’t think it is an issue. My wifi stopped working after I flashed Sunvell’s OTA update onto a non-Sunvell T95Z. I was hoping this would fix that, but it did not. Not a big deal since LAN ethernet connection works just fine.

THANK YOU to superceleron for this rom! I wanted to get away from all the stock OTA updates and you made this possible. You have made my day and many to come

…....I would like to figure out why the Wifi doesn’t work, though. When I try to enable Wifi in settings, it says "“Please turn on Wi-Fi”" and but under “"Wi-Fi device”" it won’t let me change from Off to On. My Wi-Fi MAC address is 02:00:00:00:00:00, too. That’s clearly bogus. I think the device just isn’t recognizing the internal wifi adapter.
                        Is there a way I can try different drivers or kernels or whatever to see if I can get it to recognize the Wifi?

Comment

Thanks a lot Jokerchyld for your really detailed answer.
                          For me wifi not working is a no go. I'm using only wifi on this box.

According to the website Geekbuying where I bought the X-Player box, the wireless chip is Ampack model AP6330.
                          After some reading on this forum, it seems that wifi chip could be different between users of the same box !!

I will check tonight with the Android App "Wifi Analyser" which could give the manufacturer name of the wifi chip by specifying the mac address of the card.(under menu Tools/ Oui Lookup)
                          But this tool doesn't give the model, only the manufacturer. I think we have no choice to open the box to know the exact model.
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...071#post626071

So we need to test firmwares form another box with those chips/chipsets:
                          • CPU Amlogic S912
                          • GPU ARM Mali-T820MP3
                          • WIFI/Bluetooth Ampack model AP6330
                          Those boxs seem to be a good match:

R-Box Pro or H96 Pros,
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ox-pro-h96-pro

Sunvell T95Z Plus
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/607496-new-firmware-sunvell-t95z-plus-tv-box-amlogic-s912-octa-core

Or the firmware you point from superceleron:
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-v1-final-rom
                          But which seems to not include the driver for AP6330, if it's not working for you.
                          Last edited by heyyo; 02-15-2017, 17:46.

Comment

No problem. We all have to start somewhere. Sunvell t95z plus is what superc's custom rom is built off of. To be clear WiFi works for me after the update but haven't used it extensively to see if there is a problem since I go wired ethernet.

be careful with the Sunvell though, as I could have sworn I heard one of their firmwares was mislabeled and that would cause issue. I think that's what Don unfortunately ran into.

keep us abreast of your progress so others can learn. I'm personally curious if you can the WiFi chip manufacturer without opening the box. That'd be useful.

Comment

I was able to check the manufacturer with wifi analyser.
                              It's Ampack. So the description of geekbuying seems correct. Ap6330

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X