Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimakos View Post
    Just bricked mine.
    same problem exactly with my own X92 (vertion 3g)
    The device is not responding.
    how can we restore?
    A little earlier I wrote how to rebuild your tv box,sorry for my English,but if you read carefully,you will understand everything.There is no other way,only to disassemble and short the legs of the chip.

Comment

Karaganda72 what do you mean "only to disassemble and short the legs of the chip"
      I can not find your earlier message.
      sorry for my English
      Thanks for youtr time.

Comment

Originally posted by karaganda72

A little earlier I wrote how to rebuild your tv box,sorry for my English,but if you read carefully,you will understand everything.There is no other way,only to disassemble and short the legs of the chip.
        karaganda72, have you actually successfully fixed a bricked X92 with the method and using the IMG file you posted above?

Comment

Originally posted by jimakos View Post
          Karaganda72 what do you mean "only to disassemble and short the legs of the chip"
          I can not find your earlier message.
          sorry for my English
          Thanks for youtr time.
          Read post # 54

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC View Post
            Sounds like you have more-or-less gone through the same process as I went through and also ended up with a Bricked X92. (mine is also 3GB)

It would appear that if you cannot get into recovery mode by pressing a toothpick or similar in the AV socket and then powering on, then it seems the only option is to flash an IMG file to the X92 using a PC connected via a male to male USB 2 cable. I've just received a cable today but haven't given it a try yet.

Regarding the u-boot.bin file, I did read somewhere that you should rename the bootloader.IMG file to u-boot.bin and use that, but that's only any use if recovery mode works.
            Which image file are you planning to use? The one karaganda72 shared? Let me know how it goes. I'm still waiting for the cable.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by karaganda72 View Post

Thanks, will try your solution after my cable arrives. Two question though, how do I known which two are 29/30 pins are there number on it? Do you mind share a pic? Also what's the vesion of the image you shared?

Thank you

Comment

thank you very much to Karaganda 72 et SAMDE
                For only 3g http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=773971&st=480 chrome traduction

Comment

3/16 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=773971&st=480
                  thank you very much to SAMDE et karaganda72
                  For only 3/16
                  Last edited by totor54; 12-02-2016, 09:35.

Comment

Hi
                    What are your opinions about the name of our forum? It caused problems the 2/16 and 3/16 GB box. It seems not the same firmware is right for these two type of boxes.
                    I suggest to add to the title 2/16 GB or do not write at all the GB. In the text of every post must sign, 2/16 GB or 3/16 GB the box about we are speaking.

Comment

The latest firmware in 52.10.143.169/s912_x92 is the 2016-11-25. When I tried OTA update it didn't find it and got the message that no new update found (I am on a September firmware) Its safe to update manually or I will "brick" it? I have the 2/16 version

Comment

j'ai la 2/16gb v1.06

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...92-tv-box.html install
                        Firmware Details
                        Archive: X92
                        Model: X92 the TV Box
                        Bed file size of the image: 763 MB download now
                        The platform: Amlogic S912
                        Name of the picture: q201-ota-root.zip
                        Inside the archive: firmware + + factory_update_param.aml recovery.img
                        The number of builds: Amlogic / Q201 / Q201: 6.0.1 / MHC19J / root: userdebug / test-keys
                        To have the bars installed
                        XposedInstaller_3.1.1 (google search)
                        And GravityBox_Marshmallow_6.2.1 (google)

Comment

pdate.properties 25/11/2016 09:06

2/16 gb

Comment

Originally posted by totor54 View Post
                            Has anyone flash it?

Comment

Successfully unbricked my X92 3/16G yesterday with the method provided by karaganda72 on page 4.

I used a makeshift USB Type-A male to male cable, so the process took a while.

1. Open the box, mine doesn't have any screws, just jack the top open.
                              2. Open the Burning Tool, load the image (remember to install the driver)
                              3. Connect USB to computer, and put the USB in the top right USB on the box while the SD card slot on your left hand side. BUT DO NOT PLUG ALL THE WAY IN, this is making it easier to operate later, but we don't want to turn on the device now.
                              4. Hold the reset button deep in AV connect
                              5. Short the so called 29/30 pins of the Samsung chip. It's hard to count the pins and I'm not sure what's the order. I tried several times. And end up success with top left 5/6 pins when it's laid flat and the front LED facing me. (If I didn't remember wrong, it all happened so suddenly after frustration)
                              6. Plugin the USB and Power, the computer should recognise the USB connection, now you can let go the shorting
                              7. Click start, it should start flashing.
                              8. It will itself off and on again and finish the flashing.
                              9. Disconnect from computer and connect it to your TV, click the top back in, turn it on normally.

Notes:
                              1. The whole process, if success, will only take several minutes. It's a lot faster than an though it would be.
                              2. If failed, try different ways of counting pins (I didn't even know how I got it right the last time)
                              3. If failed, try to vary the timing of connecting things a bit.
                              4. The first boot up stuck at the booting movie's last frame for me, turned off and back on solved that.
                              5. Also these is to solve my problem of bricking it when trying to flash the OTA package from the chinesesegatdegtreview link which caused the device failed to turn back on.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by giasoy View Post

Has anyone flash it?
                                It's ok for 2/16 gb.

Comment

Working...
                                X