X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi totor54

Thank you for your long answer to me.

I'm "only" 69, so you are the winner!

The most important thing to know, is there any difference between 2/16 and 3/16 GB firmware?

Now my box is working fine, so I'm satisfied with it. It is a 2/16GB type.

Because there is no newer upgrade, now I try to find out what you wrote in the #90 post, but I fear that is for me looks like you wrote Chinese.

I hope that I will not do a Brick from my box.

Best Regards
    g947

(sorry for my bad English)

Comment

Je ne pense pas qu'il y aura des mises à jour

Mais pourquoi l' essayer tous essayer SI déférent de TOUT Mais POURQUOI bien le
      stockage interne
      de l'1g 2gb
      stockage externe
      8 16 32 gb 3/16

merci beaucoup à SAMDE et karaganda72 Verser 3/16 only
      SAMDE has an x92 3gb / 16gb
      DO NOT INSTALL ON A 2GB / 16GB
      Last edited by totor54; 12-05-2016, 13:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaoxinteam View Post
        Hi we support X92 TV Box 3GB 16GB small quantity wholesale and please check https://goo.gl/ISHLFp if it can hep you.It is free shipping!!!
        Hello,would you put links to firmware for the 3 GB version

Comment

It looks like my X92 is bricked again!

Got it working again last time using an IMG file into X92's USB port from my PC using Amlogic software.

It's been working OK for a few days but 30 minutes ago I tried the OTA update and there was an update zip file available.

I downloaded the zip file and clicked install.

The little robot guy came on the screen for a few minutes and the progress bar got longer then the screen went blank.

I waited for over 20 minutes and still nothing.

I powered it down and back up again - still a blank screen.

Bricked again. What a load of rubbish.

Comment

I tried the OTA update 3 times and it failed every time. Fortunately the IMG file from PC to X92 using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool works well.

Any ideas why the OTA update will not work? Bad files?

Is there a newer IMG file than the one in this thread?

Comment

Thanks to all the forum.
              Thanks to you I could fix my tv box.
              Here I leave the latest firmware for x92 (3/16Gb) version OTA 1.0.6.

I format the sd with the tool Amlogic_SDcardMaker_BootcardMaker
              The file is decompressed and placed in the sd.
              Place the sd in the slot.

Then with a program to restart in recovery (any program to enter into recovery got google play).
              The system automatically updates itself when it is restarted in recovery mode.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7g8zev...2_3GB16_SD.rar
              Attached Files
              Last edited by satacada; 12-08-2016, 23:24.

Comment

Attached a photo in good resolution for des brick on the samsung chip

Pins 29-30 or 30-31 (Counted from left to right)

You do not need to connect the tv box to the power supply, nor press the reset button,

Just connect the usb to the pc and the tv box and run the program Amlogic USB Burning Tool and make the crossing between the pins.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                Last edited by satacada; 12-09-2016, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC View Post
                  I tried the OTA update 3 times and it failed every time. Fortunately the IMG file from PC to X92 using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool works well.

Any ideas why the OTA update will not work? Bad files?

Is there a newer IMG file than the one in this thread?
                  Chinese to upgrade put firmware for the version 2 GB/16 GB.These firmwares are not suitable to version 3 GB/16GB.First stitched,then "brick"!

Comment

Originally posted by satacada
                    Thanks to all the forum.

Then with a program to restart in recovery (any program to enter into recovery got google play).

Thank you for the firmware. It updated perfectly on my 3/16GB.

Comment

Originally posted by karaganda72

Chinese to upgrade put firmware for the version 2 GB/16 GB.These firmwares are not suitable to version 3 GB/16GB.First stitched,then "brick"!
                      It would appear that you are correct. 2/16GB firmware must have been bricking my 3/16GB.

I hope Chinese suppliers of firmware make it clear which X92 model (2/16GB or 3/16GB) their firmware is for in future releases.

Comment

Originally posted by satacada View Post
                        Thanks to all the forum.

Hi satacada,

How did you find this firmware?
                        Maybe you have a good idea for me, how to look for?
                        I know only one source for checking a new firmware. (http://52.10.143.169/s912_x92/ and I was lucky, that this firmware was for 2/16GB)
                        Not only for me needs a 2/16GB firmware.
                        I wrote to the manufacture inquire about it, but no answer, as usually.

Comment

Originally posted by g947 View Post

Hi satacada,

How did you find this firmware?
                          Maybe you have a good idea for me, how to look for?
                          I know only one source for checking a new firmware. (http://52.10.143.169/s912_x92/ and I was lucky, that this firmware was for 2/16GB)
                          Not only for me needs a 2/16GB firmware.
                          I wrote to the manufacture inquire about it, but no answer, as usually.
                          There is no permanent website, the product seller sent me a temporary link to my mail and I downloaded it and shared it

Comment

Originally posted by satacada View Post

There is no permanent website, the product seller sent me a temporary link to my mail and I downloaded it and shared it
                            Thank you for your answer.

I understand. You found a good seller.
                            It would be good, if the manufacturer would do this process.

Comment

Hi there, i would buy this box but reading this forum i have relaized that it has many issues with firmware updating and there is the risk to brick it very easily.

So i would ask to the owners if it really worth to buy it....seems to be one fo the few boxes that "suffer" the updating procedure

Comment

Mkbt

The problem with the X92 seems to be that firmware is being released and little information is being provided - mainly, is it for the 2GB model or the 3GB model.

If you have the correct firmware, the update process is easy.

Hopefully the people who release the firmware will make it clear in future.

Comment

Working...
                                X