Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

There is a wide choice.

Top of that list would be the Nvidia Shield.

But perhaps right now, based on the functionality offered by the Superceleron firmwares, any of the S912 boxes, such as the S92, GT1 etc will likely do the trick for you.

There is also the S905X series of boxes that can use librelec instead of Android but gives you the Kodi experience that you seek.

How come you didn't go for a straight replacement from the seller?
    May be Nvidia Shield...But the big question is : i will be able to manage the firmware easly ( update, upgrade firmware, install SuperSu.JAILBROKE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tchekis View Post

May be Nvidia Shield...But the big question is : i will be able to manage the firmware easly ( update, upgrade firmware, install SuperSu.JAILBROKE.
      It's a main stream product, so comes with updates (now on Nougat) and can be rooted.

It has massive support, so if you have the money, then you can't really go wrong.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

My box worked well for about a month, but since yesterday, when I power it on, the blue light turns on but there is no picture on HDMI - tried tv and monitor. Box also does not shut down if I press power button, blue light keeps shining until I unplug the power source. Anyone had this before, is there any solution? Thanks!

Comment

Did you use the same HDMI cable for both the TV and monitor?

Comment

I tried 2 different HDMI cables also. And Box also does not react to powering off with the remote, blue light keeps shining.

Comment

Try this.

Power up the box on the TV and wait until the normal boot period has expired.

Then turn the TB off and on again and see if the picture is restored.

Comment

doesn't make any difference
                I found some tutorials online on flashing the box when red light is tuned on, but mine has blue light, is it possible to be a software problem only?

Comment

It's possible and you can try and flash firmware to see if that does the trick.

Comment

Hi, you guys... I am grateful to find a forum where at least some people have a certain knowlegde and exchange their experiences. I bought this little TV-Box a week ago but are still searching for hints and tipps. I am operatiing it with a tiny keyboard with touchpad, because the original remote does NOT work with certain apps... everytime you need a mouse, you can only work with the mouse emulation via the up/down/left/right buttons. That sucks big time.

I have one urgent question:

Since I have a USB Harddisk connected to the box, I want this disk in sleepmode (spindown) when I make a shutdown with the box. But this does not work. If I shut the device down, the LED of the disk ist still very bright and the engine is running. This ist not so perfect, the box is in my sleeping room. After 30 minutes, the harddisk is shutting down by itself: the natural spindown time of the WD harddisk is 30 minutes...but that is way too long.

Does anybody have an idea if maybe an android app is able to do this? It is sad, that there is no way to contact the company and ask them for help.

By the way... I found a way to put the box in "sleep" mode: If pressing the OFF command on my little keyboard, the screen goes dark... like pressing the power button once on a regular smartphone. By reactivating the box via remote control, the box is in the same state as before. I did not find a way to put the box asleep with the regulare IR remote control.

Uh, and another thing. There was a bar at the lower side... the one we know from smartphones. With the triangle and the square to come home or browse to open apps... also with volume in- and decrease. I switched it of one day... and it never came back again. Any hint who to bring this bar back again?

Cheers... and hopefully somebody has a few answers!!!
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Last edited by Lance1966; 03-27-2017, 14:21.

Comment

You should be able to bring the bar up by dragging mouse (holding left click and moving cursor) from the bottom border of the screen.

Comment

Sounds like a bad HDMI connector on the board. TV boxes use poor quality connectors when the build them.

Comment

@ gregor: Thanks, I was able to bring back the bar. I connected a real mouse and followed your instruction.

@ palerider: I doubt that the HDMI connector is bad... I think it is part of the operating system to disable USB Power when the device is turned into shutdown.

Any hint regarding the power situation on the USB port is highly appreciated!

Comment

Is this still the best non-ATV option for the MXIII-G-II in your opinion? I have one of these boxes on order from GearBest. If this is still a good option, I think I'll go straight to the SuperCeleron FW and bypass the factory FW altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by norco53 View Post

Is this still the best non-ATV option for the MXIII-G-II in your opinion? I have one of these boxes on order from GearBest. If this is still a good option, I think I'll go straight to the SuperCeleron FW and bypass the factory FW altogether.
                              Most definitely better than any stock firmware will ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Most definitely better than any stock firmware will ever be.
                                hi,do you have installed superceleron V8C-GT! on MXIII-GII?if yes,all works fine or had you a probelm?if i will install it and don't like it,can i reflash stock firmware?thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X