No announcement yet.

MXIII - G II TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, have you had any success running NowTV app on this box? I'm looking to upgrade from my S805 box and could really do with one that runs NowTV - my MXQ runs the app, lets me log in and choose a programme but won't play any videos

If you search for "now tv" free trial on google you should be able to sign up for a 14-day freebie, if you're in the UK.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Marsbar View Post
      Hi, have you had any success running NowTV app on this box? I'm looking to upgrade from my S805 box and could really do with one that runs NowTV - my MXQ runs the app, lets me log in and choose a programme but won't play any videos

If you search for "now tv" free trial on google you should be able to sign up for a 14-day freebie, if you're in the UK.

Thanks!
      To have any hope of running NowTV would require Xposed and some appropriate modules but I don't think that there is a working Xposed framework for the S912 yet.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Redskull has posted a video review on YouTube for the MXIII-G II as well as one for the R68 II if anybody is interested. He appears to be very impressed with the MXIII-G II. Currently there appear to be some issues with DTS and Dolby Digital sound in Kodi on the R68 II.
        The review of the new MXIII-G II TV Box with the Amlogic S912.Get this from Banggood: http://fas.st/rIJvuK - Gearbest: http://bit.l...

The review of the Beelink R68 II Android TV BoxFind this at Gearbest: http://bit.ly/2h2Q7lb - Aliexpress: http://ali.ski/KWXvbH - ...

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

To have any hope of running NowTV would require Xposed and some appropriate modules but I don't think that there is a working Xposed framework for the S912 yet.
          From my reading none of the "no-root" modules seem to work with NowTV anyway.

I'd be happy to perform unroot, if that's the issue; however doing that on my existing box didn't solve my issue - the error is different to the one you get from a rooted phone.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Marsbar View Post

From my reading none of the "no-root" modules seem to work with NowTV anyway.

I'd be happy to perform unroot, if that's the issue; however doing that on my existing box didn't solve my issue - the error is different to the one you get from a rooted phone.

Thanks
            I would therefore think that the same thing would happen on pretty much any unrooted box too but there is only one way to check of course.

Comment

Has this box got an OTA update already ?
              also "bluesmanuk" after using this box for 2 weeks what can u say, to buy this box ? or maybe wait for a different 3GB RAM box ?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TechGTX View Post
                Has this box got an OTA update already ?
                also "bluesmanuk" after using this box for 2 weeks what can u say, to buy this box ? or maybe wait for a different 3GB RAM box ?
                Thanks
                No OTA update yet.

I can only refer you to my comments based upon my use.

For the functionality that is currently on offer it does a very good job.

So you have to match your needs with what is capable and we hope for early resolutions to the outstanding features that are missing from this and every other box of the same type.

Comment

Do somebody know how to get rid of the notification bar in youtube in this box?

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    after receiving the TV Box i try to start it up. But very disapointing, the item will not work. Only thing showing is the blue light at the on/off switch. The screen remains black, so there must be something in the unit which is not in order.
                    Maybe this is a firmware thing, and if anyone can give me a link to the stock firmware i will try to replace it. Otherwise there is a hardware defect inside and the unit needs to replaced. Any help will be apreciated. Thanks

Edit: After trying some things: No success at changing Hdmi Cable, changing TV, changing Ac Adapter, trying a standard AV Cable instead of Hdmi. Any more suggestions?
                    Last edited by Anzug; 12-17-2016, 16:51.

Comment

Maybe factory reset?

Comment

The stock recovery won't show up also. I will send back this D. O. A. unit to GB and order another one. :/

Comment

this one or Alfawise S92 which one to buy ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                            this one or Alfawise S92 which one to buy ?
                            I've got both and they are so close, although I would tip the nod to this one as it's just a little better in stock.

But the Alfawise, because of it having the same innards as the GT1 is currently receiving more support.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I've got both and they are so close, although I would tip the nod to this one as it's just a little better in stock.

But the Alfawise, because of it having the same innards as the GT1 is currently receiving more support.
                              this one 1.5GHz CPU and Alfawise 2.0GHz right ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

this one 1.5GHz CPU and Alfawise 2.0GHz right ?
                                All S912's are the same speed.

Some vendors still quote 2Ghz, which is incorrect.

Comment

Working...
                                X