MXIII - G II TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a couple of methods.

One is using the AMLogic Burning tool, which also requires the use of a USB Male A to Male A cable and the other is using the burn card maker, where you use a micro SD card to flash the image.

I found that I was unable to use the burning tool on this box, so will give you the burn card method.

Firstly you will need to download and extract this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1xgsy89o2ea32l/Burn%20Card%20Maker.zip?dl=0

Download the firmware and extract the zip file

https://mega.nz/#!D1IhnRBS!bwov8ZBpMjjRv2qTGq_3Ofs3kxGo2GTyHZihI8v xsng

Run the maker and change the language to English (help menu)

Select your SD card drive letter.
    Check the box to partition and format your card.
    Browse for the image file from the extracted firmware download (open button)
    Follow the directions such that the tool will format the card, default FAT32 and then install the image to the card.

Remove the AC cable from the box.
    Place the card in the box.
    Push a toothpick or something similar into the rear AV port and press in and hold the reset button.
    Whilst the button is being pressed in, insert the AC and hold the button in for around 3 seconds before releasing.
    You will then see an updating screen and a droid logo.
    After the process is complete the box will automatically reboot and start the process of populating the default image, which will take a few minutes.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Extremely clear, thanks !

Comment

Fingers crossed it will solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          1. Edit the build.prop (located in \system) and find an entry called service.bootvideo=0. Change the 0 to 1, reboot and see if that helps.
          2. In essence, powering down is a form of suspend, as it switches to a low power mode that can be turned on again with the remote, albeit shutting down any open apps but it's quick enough to open apps again when required.
          3. Yes, the remote is really designed for the stock TV launcher types. So best to test out other launchers similar to Nova or get an airmouse.
          4. With HDMI CEC turned on in both the box and TV, if I power off the TV whilst the box is on then the box goes to sleep mode (ed light), when I then power up the TV, the box wakes up from sleep leaving me with the screen as it was when I powered off the TV, with any open apps still open at the previous state. Check the status of HDMI CEC on your TV to see if it matches that of the box setting.
          bluesmanuk you are my hero! Editing build.prop and enabling HDMI-CEC on both box & TV did the trick. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by letom View Post

bluesmanuk you are my hero! Editing build.prop and enabling HDMI-CEC on both box & TV did the trick. Thank you so much!
            Glad they did the trick :-)

Comment

Greetings!
              You are my last hope.
              A week ago I received this nice, little tvbox.
              Everything was working flawlessly until yesterday while watching movie the box froze.
              I thought - no big deal, and left it hanging for few minutes.
              Then the "android is restarting" or something like that popped up, but I did let it work things out.
              But it could not.
              After 10 or so minutes, i had to unplug it. After I plugged it back the screen remains black with "no signal" message from tv.
              The LED indicator is blue and does not change to red when power button is pressed.
              All kind of resets I found on forum, do not work.
              Flashing with cable does not work either (dooh)!
              Last hope remained in this thread.
              I got the D card ready, did the trick with toothpick, but.... only thing I got is Google play welcome screen.
              I thought - weird, it was stated that I must see little android robot with "upgrading.."
              Tried with "secret" button pressed, and without - all the same.
              OK.
              Then I got another SD card with lesser capacity.
              Eureka!
              The android guy shows up and progress bar swiftly fills up and...... nothing!!!!
              It freezes.
              Waited for 1/2 hour. nothing happens.
              One thing that bugs me is - it does not matter if I press AV button or not. The result does not change.
              What should I do?
              Any ideas? You are my last (and only) hope.
              Thanks.

p.s.
              I do not want to contact gearbest with this problem.

Comment

Well it looks as if you have followed all the guides and advice so far and if the SD card method is freezing, save for perhaps being unlucky with 2 cards, which is probably unlikely, then at a guess I would be thinking hardware fault, which I'm afraid would mean talking to Gearbest about a replacement.

Hopefully though, in the absence of any further options, the process of returning should be easier.

Gearbest are on holiday at the moment, so there will be a delay in response until their return.

Comment

Thanks for the super-prompt reply!
                  Ok, no more choices left.
                  I thought maybe burn card maker "erase with force" would do the job, but ok.
                  If You tell me that there are no options left.
                  Gearbest, here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukums View Post
                    Thanks for the super-prompt reply!
                    Ok, no more choices left.
                    I thought maybe burn card maker "erase with force" would do the job, but ok.
                    If You tell me that there are no options left.
                    Gearbest, here I come!
                    Force erase all is worth trying at this point and can't do any harm.

Comment

Ok. making SD ready....

Comment

Now it is - "no signal" at all times.
                        Nothing works.
                        Too bad.
                        Not the best experience for a first tvbox.

Comment

When it says no signal, turn your TV off and on again whilst the box is running and see if the HDMI connection is re-established.

Comment

Ok, will do so.

Comment

try a different tv. some tv like LG dont like these boxes

Comment

Received my box yesterday.
                                Some little but annoying problems :

After activating HDMI CEC, if I use my TV remote control the box reboot. I have to use my airmouse and disable HDMI CEC to use the box again.

If I change HDMI source and then I go back to the box HDMI, the box shuts down.

My air mouse must be off when I turn on the box. If air mouse is on, the box remains stuck on home screen without the chance to control it.

These are the most annoying issues I have found so far.

Last edited by KingNothing; 01-29-2017, 12:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X