s912 vs s905 vs intel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s912 vs s905 vs intel?

Can someone say if the s912 is much of an improvement on speed and functionality as the s905?
    Is running s905 with libreelec better than running s912+android+kodi?
    Anyone had any experience running subscription IPTV streams on s912+android or s912+android+kodi?

How about on intel based machines? Is the minimum intel machine like atom better than s912?
    Do you suggest that you spend $100 on intel instead of $50 on s912? Is it worth the difference?

1.No, its pretty much the same (locked to 1.5 ghz) cnx-software has a comparision
    2.yes. I prefer libreelec for kodi and a other android tv box for gaming/browsing
    3.iptv needs more info... what are you looking to play?

Yes.. Intel has some good points...like running dualboot : libreelec / remixos (android x86) / ubuntu / win10
    * i have a small pc with intel atom d525 (maxsum) / 8gb ram / with nvidia 930 ( and have been looking at asus n3150 or wait for kaby lake ?)

The main difference is a upgrade path on intel, where arm devices are mostly locked to android version it came with

Comment

but doesnt the s912 have more cores and better graphics than the s905? does that not make kodi run better?
      the iptv is the paid streaming TV services. Im concerned about slow channel switching and buffering (I know it can be source server dependent but want to make sure i have the HW covered)?

Comment

S905X and S912 are basically the same on video playback. But S912 does have better 3D performance in gaming.

Comment

and the S905X vs S905 on video playback?

Comment

Please see

Amlogic plans to launch at least three new processors for OTT boxes and set-top boxes this year: Amlogic S905X, Amlogic S912, and Amlogic S905D.  We

We've already compared the main features between Amlogic S905, Amlogic S905X and Amlogic S912, with Amlogic S905X being an upgrade of Amlogic S905 with

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X