Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T95U Pro interfering with HDMI CEC even when powered down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95U Pro interfering with HDMI CEC even when powered down.

I am having random problems with my T95U Pro and my surround sound / TV. I have my system setup so that when my TV turns on it turns on my surround sound amp and alters its volume. This all over HDMI CEC. Now it all worked fine until I got my T95U Pro. Frequently when I turn on my TV the surround sound does not and sometimes even turning the surround sound on manually does not kick it into working. This is the case whether the box is connected to the TV's HDMI or through one of the surround sound amp's HDMI ports.

I can power down my box and when I switch through inputs on the TV the box powers itself back on! I have disabled HDMI CEC on the T95U pro but this does not make a difference. I have had to resort to leaving the power plug out the T95U until I need it. Once the TV and surround sound are on the T95U causes no problems.

It's a weird bug and I am wondering if there is a better workaround. Anybody had this?

Originally posted by optiknerv View Post
    I am having random problems with my T95U Pro and my surround sound / TV. I have my system setup so that when my TV turns on it turns on my surround sound amp and alters its volume. This all over HDMI CEC. Now it all worked fine until I got my T95U Pro. Frequently when I turn on my TV the surround sound does not and sometimes even turning the surround sound on manually does not kick it into working. This is the case whether the box is connected to the TV's HDMI or through one of the surround sound amp's HDMI ports.

I can power down my box and when I switch through inputs on the TV the box powers itself back on! I have disabled HDMI CEC on the T95U pro but this does not make a difference. I have had to resort to leaving the power plug out the T95U until I need it. Once the TV and surround sound are on the T95U causes no problems.

It's a weird bug and I am wondering if there is a better workaround. Anybody had this?
    Odd that you have your TV as the CEC master, rather than your amp, but yes, what you describe is a feature of the T95U. The power toggle gets triggered when the amp changes the HDMI input. You need to disable CEC on the TV box and do the power switching via the remote. If you have a programmable remote, like the Harmony One, then it is fairly straightforward to achieve the desired level of power control across all connected devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Yemble View Post

Odd that you have your TV as the CEC master, rather than your amp, but yes, what you describe is a feature of the T95U. The power toggle gets triggered when the amp changes the HDMI input. You need to disable CEC on the TV box and do the power switching via the remote. If you have a programmable remote, like the Harmony One, then it is fairly straightforward to achieve the desired level of power control across all connected devices.
      I don't believe I can use the Amp as a master. At least I haven't found a setting for it. I have a TiVo and I use it's remote to power on the TV which in turn powers on the amp. The TiVo volume is programmed to the TV's volume control which in turn alters the volume on the amp. It all works very well for the TiVo which is my main viewing source. Everything powered and controlled from the one remote. I have programmed the input button and power of my TV into my airmouse remote for my T95 so I can control everything from that control When using the T95 but for this annoying bug.

I have tried disabling CEC on my T95U but it still powers on by itself and screws up the ARC connection to my amp
      Last edited by optiknerv; 01-08-2017, 23:00.

Comment

Working...
      X