No announcement yet.

H96Pro + lasted all but 3 minutes before locking up never to be played again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96Pro + lasted all but 3 minutes before locking up never to be played again

what a let down. I was in middle of filling in the password for my wifi and it locked up. remote just stopped. new batteries . light on remote fine. unpluged it. when powered back on tv never could see it. changed cables ..nothing..dead ...

what else is out that is worth it ? my beelink gt1 is much nicer its just less memory and hard drive.

Id like to get another with 3g of ram. I am also looking at mini pc now.

waiting to see what gearbest is going to do. waited 2 weeks and this is not cool. .

flash super celerons rom to it

Comment

change PSU , sometimes it is faulty

cheers
      kabise

Comment

thanks but not flashing the rom on a brand new hour old box. the unit had power. I guess it could be the power supply but it was lit. tv couldnt see it. 2 tvs neither saw it as on at all.

Comment

that sucks, I had mine for about 2 months now, no issues with it, I guess with any electronics some can be bad or bad QA, on the box did you try pressing the reset pin see if you can get into the recovery menu (and if you can see this screen on the TV), try another HDMI cable if possible, if you can see the tv screen in the recovery menu then it just means a factory reset will fix it usually.

it could be the Power Brick, if you have a 5v 2A phone charger and happen to have a USB-A to 5~mm Type M Barrel Cable round plug around you can use that instead of the power brick,. (this is how I power mine)

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-.../dp/B009C3CJG4
          not 100% sure it's 5~mm since don't have ruler handy, but something like that.
          H96 Pro (S912), CZ-S32-V2.2 (EMMC 100% Died, still functional using Coreelec + SD Boot (uboot loader) / USB (coreelc))
          x96Q Max Pro (H616), Slow as F, runs hot, ok for movies.
          ChromCast Android TV - Great device but annoying no usb port.

Comment

I tried to reset it ..I guess that was the tiny hold on side. nothing happened. I tried a different hdmi cord and a different tv also. never could get home screen to come back on. I have to unpack it and take a pic for stupid rma so I guess I will fiddle some more with it then.

Comment

Originally posted by gentlejax View Post
              what a let down. I was in middle of filling in the password for my wifi and it locked up. remote just stopped. new batteries . light on remote fine. unpluged it. when powered back on tv never could see it. changed cables ..nothing..dead ...

what else is out that is worth it ? my beelink gt1 is much nicer its just less memory and hard drive.

Id like to get another with 3g of ram. I am also looking at mini pc now.

waiting to see what gearbest is going to do. waited 2 weeks and this is not cool. .
              I know that feel. That's what happened with my first Yoka TV Box (KB2). The only difference was that I got as far as to attempt a go at sideloading Leanback Launcher before it went. was fortunate enough to have a spare 5v 2A Brick from an old MXIII. Needless to say it didn't work, the poor thing had managed to cook itself just from running Chrome. I immediately filed for an RMA*, and I would recommend that you do so as well. But, at the end of the day I gave up on these cheapo Boxes and managed to save myself up for a Shield TV, and it's been nothing but great. Plus you know thAt nVIDIA is going g to keep this thing updated for years to come. Those Cheapo Boxes? You'd be lucky to see anything after three month of release.

* I did eventually receive that RMA, about Three Weeks after applying for it. And, for the most part the turnaround was about that long as well. When the Second unit did show up it had a faulty WiFi Chip, that could barely manage a 2.4 b/g/n connection, and would never connect to the a/n/ac bands. At which point I just gave up on it. And like I said got myself a Shield TV instead.

Comment

At this point they sent me a link to some download which I had to join with some type of storage sytem. Ive downloaded the file 2x but they didnt give me any directions or tell me what to do...they told me I need to "brush my unit" and gave me a file. no directions. I want an RMA i dont have time to become skilled at flashing these stupid boxes.

at this point I should buy a shield for sure. except I dont need the gaming part. I need to start looking for a 1st gen shield maybe.

Comment

I cant get this box to turn off. i pull the power adapter but if the usb is pluggen in the light is on. how am i supposed to get it into reset mode if I cant get it to restart? remote is doing nothing. im telling you I dont think I can flash this box..lol

Comment

what is plugged into the USB port if its a cable to your PC then you should not have the power supply plugged into to the box the usb cable is supplying power direct from your PC

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post
                      what is plugged into the USB port if its a cable to your PC then you should not have the power supply plugged into to the box the usb cable is supplying power direct from your PC
                      I figured this out after reading something you said somewhere but I still cant get this unit to be recognized or reset

Comment

I came home to a dead unit one night. I get a blue light if I plug the unit into my pc with a male-to-male but that is the only signs of life for me.

Comment

Originally posted by brooks1005 View Post
                          I came home to a dead unit one night. I get a blue light if I plug the unit into my pc with a male-to-male but that is the only signs of life for me.
                          same here. I may try to flash it with the SD card

Comment

Working...
                          X