[Experimental] LibreELEC 8.0 for S912 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Experimental] LibreELEC 8.0 for S912 released

I just noticed... kszaq has done it again!
    LibreELEC 8.0 builds aimed at devices based on Amlogic S912 SoC.

just amazing
    Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries.
    This build uses libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver - this is why the builds will always be experimental until proper Linux libraries are released (if ever).

Info/download:
    DISCONTINUED: These builds will no longer be updated but you are welcome to use them! LibreELEC 8.2 for Amlogic S912 devices. WARNING: Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries and has no plans to release them. These builds use libhybris and…

Hi! I cannot for the life of me understand how to reboot to Libreelec. I have tried about/restart, but i only boots back into android. I have no clue, sorry for the noob question!! Any help would be appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by satkingno View Post
      Hi! I cannot for the life of me understand how to reboot to Libreelec. I have tried about/restart, but i only boots back into android. I have no clue, sorry for the noob question!! Any help would be appreciated!!
      I will assume you read the instructions on the Libreelec website, how to install. I assume you used the correct device tree, & I assume you have created the image to a microsd or usb, as recommended.

So, with the card or usb plugged in, you hold the reset button, & plug the power lead back in, ( you only need to use the reset method once) So, if everything is correct. with the usb or card in, it will boot to libreelec, with it unplugged, it will boot to android.

You will get more help on the Libreelec forum

Comment

What does libreelec do for you that Android doesn't?  

Comment

LibreELEC is a minimised Linux operating system that is multitasking whereas Android only allows the focused application to run. The advantage of LibreELEC is that a LAMP setup Can be run to allow a shared MySQL or MariaDB database to be run and accessed. I have yet to get a shared database system to run on Android!!

Comment

I've installed coreelec Kodi 18 working super fast. Wifi and Bt working. Remote not worked but they have huge remote config archive

Coreelec download https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/releases
            remote archive https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w60gx2c66...SRCAEGcVa?dl=0

Comment

Is there a way to dual boot this with ATV custom room? I did boot LibreELEC from a USB drive, but after installing custom ATV, it won't boot up. Also tried recovery mode without any luck.

Comment

This works great for me

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X