2.5" USB 3.0, HDD case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5" USB 3.0, HDD case

I have a 200 gig SATA laptop drive full of audio and video, since the laptop has 2 HDD and isn't working properly I want to get a case to use the drive as am external drive on My A-wise s92.

I want to get a USB 3.0 case but it must be backward compatible with USB 2.0 on the S92.
    Anyone know of a USB 3 case that actually works well on USB 2.0?
    Or would I be better off to get a standard USB 2.0 case to assure stability?

​​​​​AFAIK the SOC has USB controller inbuilt, will that affect the compatibility of USB 3.0 devices when using on USB 2.0? I worry because it seems alot of USB 3.0 devices that are supposed to be backward compatible to USB 2 don't do well. Either they are only compatible in certain cases (like hooked to a USB 3.0 port with a 2.0 cable), or have performance /stability issues.

any advice would be appreciated,
    if backward compatibility is not often related to the USB 2.0 controller brand/model itself, may be able to take a more general approach to finding what works.

I use the orico brand work well on all boxes I test here.
    USB 3 caddy works on all tested USB 2

Gearbest has them.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Any USB 3 enclosure will automatically be backwards compatible.

I use the Orico brand too but go for this one with USASP protocol support

http://www.gearbest.com/hdd-ssd/pp_592360.html?wid=21
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I like the clear one.

it's good to know that these will work on our boxes, especially after hearing reports that some early USB 3 devices were having backwards compatibility issues.

Regards
        d§b

Comment

Plenty of colours and style to choose, only problem with clear if the HDD explodes the flash may blind you
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

When it was made 200GB was alot...as old as it is it might explode

HDD case arrived, nice tool-less installation, plugged it in and it is automatically working. and it's a 320Gig not 200.

was able to play a 1080p X264 movie from the had with no problem.
            now I just have to go and search out all the good media and get it into a local library. I imagine it won't be too tough to do.
            Last edited by deebee123; 03-21-2017, 21:37.

Comment

Working...
            X