Does your S912 box Stream 4k/2160p video via Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your S912 box Stream 4k/2160p video via Youtube

Hello guys, Does your S912 box Stream 4k/2160p video via Youtube? I found my h96+ can only select1080p resolution at max with uhd video with original resolution at 2160p.

The software I have is Youtube for TV app, version 1.3.11. It should be the same with https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utube.tv&hl=en.

Mi box with s905x support 2160p video stream with youtube. https://youtu.be/9_TI2kjCS70?t=537

S912 supports the same VP9 decode as S905x. Can't figure out why I can not watch uhd video with native resolution.

Any advice is appreciated.

@bobrooneey,

Sure you can watch 4k/2160p video via Youtube. A small bit of editing is required...at your own risk.

1. Make sure you have root access.
    2. I use Es File Explorer. (Under tools> click title root> Mount R/W> select r/w on radio buttons.
    3. Navigate to Device>System.
    4. Copy your build.prop file to a usb stick or download folder(safe location ..prevent you mangling the editing and hose your box.) (maybe make two copies so you have your original ..in case)
    5. In the safe location, open the copy of Build.prop (open as text with Es File Explorer).
    6. The last section of the Build.prop should be titled: additional properties.
    7. At the end of of this section select the edit button, (starting a new line) type:
    sys.display-size=3840x2160
    8. Back out of the program..selecting yes to save.
    9. If you are sure you did not touch anything else in the Build.prop.....copy and paste this file back into the previous System folder.
    10. Reboot your China-Box.
    11. YouTube app* works. Start playing you UHD video and select resolution ..2160p** and let video re-buffer and enjoy.

* YouTube for T.V. app does not work?
    ** You will have to re-select resolution for every video...Does not stay 2160p as a default.

G-Luck
    Reap

Comment

Thank you for the heads up, very informative. YouTube app works @2160p, YouTube for Android TV app still capped @1080p withe the same video. Both app downloaded Google Play.

By checking the "nerds" information, YouTube for Android TV app does not decode video with codec VP9.

Comment

Never thought to check that. Smart!

Reap

Comment

Working...
        X