H96 Pro Plus (3/32) unknown brand - Bootlooping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro Plus (3/32) unknown brand - Bootlooping

I bought this on amazon and spend 4-5 hours yesterday trying to gain any external access to the device. I tried adb/sftp/ssh/ftp/kore (kodi remote). Nothing would work. I finally found an ethernet cord and tried that instead of wifi and I was suddenly able to connect. The only changes I made were to copy the bash binary from tmux (and the 4 .so files it was asking for) to /system (didnt overwrite anything). It was working fine, but when I got home it was stuck at a bootloop showing "MBOX - Make your life colorful".

I tried to flash this rom: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...3a-atv-version

* I used the Burn_Card_Maker.exe which is what most posts seem to point to. When I try to boot from the sd card it shows the green android with the red X on it.
    * Ive tried 2 different cards, and fat/fat32.
    * I tried the recovery option to flash from tfcard, says it cannot read the sdcard (looks like its not mounting)
    * I also tried factory reset but it continued the bootloop afterwards.

I can see no branding on this box to tell who makes it. I also never found anything in the build.prop when I was browsing it. Its all generic.

* The top has the red banner on back left showing: H96 Pro+
    * The center has: 4K Ultra HD TV Box S912
    * The sticker on the bottom looks like all other h96 boxes, but without a brand (H96 Pro+ is displayed where most show the brand).

Anyone got any ideas for me on getting this thing working again? I can try to return it, but after I left a negative review for the connectivity issues I was experiencing, they removed the listing from amazon (shows a 404 when I go to it from my orders screen).

I was able to get the rom to flash by renaming the image to "image.img" (which I finally found out via a reply in that thread). You also have to edit the ini on the card with the new name.

Comment

Hi can you just tell how and what you done with the ini file please. Thanks

Comment

Basically, either rename the img file before using the tool to "image.img" (which means the tool will put the correct filename in the ini for you), or after running the tool, edit the filename to be image.img and then edit the ini and change the filename inside there to image.img - the ini file tells the updater where to find the image file.

Comment

Working...
        X