x92 2gb/16gb amlogic s912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x92 2gb/16gb amlogic s912

i'm new to tv box firmware, but i can only find firmware for the x92 2gb with a zip file containing a bunch of files, to use the burning tool, i have read you need the firmware with only one file, what am i doing wrong or where can i get the correct firmware? here is a picture of the files in the update.zip folder
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

If it's a fairly generic S912 box, which many are, you might want to consider one of the custom firmwares such as.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-superceleron-v8c-rom

This can easily be flashed via the burning tool through a USB cable or written to SD card using Burn Card Maker and flashed using the card.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I have been reading about making sure the firmware is for the exact box. What are the benifits of a custom firmware? So to make a card with my upload.zip file I can just put it on burn card maker and load it up? If not which file should I use from the picture I sent?

Comment

The custom firmware fixes many bugs and improves functionality.

Have a read through that thread and it should give you a good idea.

Comment

That would be great but is it compatable with my device? And again, I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record, but which file in my picture should I use in burn card maker?

Comment

Looking at the contents, it may require flashing via TWRP but I'm not entirely sure.

There is stock Marshmallow firmware for the X92 here that you can flash with the burning tool.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/x92...ware-download/

Edit: Just downloaded the firmware to have a look and ii doesn't contain an image file that can be used with the burning tool but has an update.zip file

So the logical option seems to be to use the Update option within the existing firmware that may come in the form of an app or an option in settings, where you can usually specify a locally stored zip file to carry out the update.

It may also be the case that checking for updates from the existing firmware might connect direct to the update server and download and carry out the update automatically.

Comment

Awesome. Haha I just started downloading this right before I read your message. Good to know I'm on the right track. Thank you for your help, I have no idea what to do when it comes to this so I really do appreciate it. I've been afraid to brick my device.

Comment

I hope it all worked out well for you.

Comment

Dear Folks, any tanix Firmware suits? Like from tx9 or?M96X-II Plus ?

And what bout Nougat? My Box has been shipped with Nougat Not Marshmallow!
                  Last edited by soldiaz; 06-29-2018, 22:29.

Comment

q201 board

Comment

box refuses installation of firefox.apk....

Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                        If it's a fairly generic S912 box, which many are, you might want to consider one of the custom firmwares such as.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-superceleron-v8c-rom

This can easily be flashed via the burning tool through a USB cable or written to SD card using Burn Card Maker and flashed using the card.
                        Hi,

I have the X92 2/16GB with AP chip wifi box with the digital clock at the front. Can I use one of these custom ROMs? and would the clock still work?

Thanks

Comment

Did you try tanix tx9?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                            Did you try tanix tx9?
                            Not yet. Where can I download the latest firmware for the Tanix tx9?

Comment

here we go: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-s912-t3728841
                              Tanix TX9 Pro S912 Powered Android 7.1.2 Box Main Features: ● It runs on the Android 7.1, which is stable to use. You can connect to a world of content…

Comment

Working...
                              X