No announcement yet.

H96 Pro Plus short pin unbrick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aut0mat3d...Many thanks...I guess Dwezzle you were looking in the right spot after all. I am going to look into this further.

Comment

yes, thank you Aut0mat3d. i appreciate the information immensely. so the other post appears to be correct, good to know. now i just have to figure out what is keeping me from flashing this thing. my computer sees it and sets it up properly. i have been trying to find out exactly what RAM is on this thing. I now know the DG stands for dongle grade, the memory on the bottom is tablet factor. I cant figure out if its truly DDR4. everything referencing the PPE09 number points to DDR3 but i cannot get an exact match when searching online. I also read something about the wireless chip which is Fn-Link 8223A-SR, perhaps i dont have the correct key. heck, i dont even know if i have the correct firmware. i guess all i can do is keep looking and try to figure out what the deal is. I know i will find a resolution with all the help from this site. thanks again, and also to you too Flash125.

Comment

getting to 7% now then it errors out. send command/time out

Comment

Just curious...did you perform the pin short to start the update again?

Comment

Yeah but the pins I used were further down. I don't know exactly what I did to get the process going and I am not sure what I need to do to continue from here. I have tried multiple images and still nothing. Makes the disconnect sound at 4% then reconnects then stalls at 7%.

Comment

Probably i can help a bit:
              +Did you place mac_ether.ini in the licence folder before starting burning tool?
              +I did not get burning tool to work under Windows 10 - i am using Windows7 in a virtual Machine for that
              +I also faced the 7% error, since that i do not care and flash bootloader too

Comment

Aut0mat3d, I appreciate the help you offer and accept it graciously. Lets see, yes I did place ma_ether.ini in the correct folder but do you need a specific key for specific wireless chips? I am using Windows 7 (not a fan of 10, plus we are forced to use 10 at work. yippee) once or twice I tried to flash bootloader but still, it always gets stuck at 7%. I read somewhere that it may be an incorrect firmware. since I am not 100% sure of this hardware and the numbers are not easily found online, its a slow and painful process to figure this thing out. But I do really appreciate all your and Flash125s help.

Comment

Hmmm. Can you please post Highres Images of the both PCB Sides? (PM if you dont want to show your MAC in Public)
                  I am Using "USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.8_x86"
                  Please take sure that your mac_ether.ini is not empty (had this here one time)
                  it should look like this:
                  Code:
                  [Group1]
                  start = 76:XX:XX:XX:00:00
                  end = 76:XX:XX:XX:00:57
                  used = 0

[fragment]
                  fragment =
                  Also you could check your devices MAC if it fits into the given Range which i am interpreting as a whitelist for supported devices

Another Hint:
                  As parts of the H96+ has to be powered via USB there could also be a bad usb cable/incompatible Port/PC Hardware

Comment

ok, looks like it finally took the an image. thanks Flash125 for the image download link. thanks also Aut0mat3d for sticking with me and offering suggestions. i will admit i dont know 100% what i did but i know i held the reset button and shorted a set of pins further down. it started erroring out at 8% i then held the reset button shorted the pins further down, continued to hold the reset button through the whole flash process. the 7.1 image Flash125 pointed to works great. yay. it works. after two weeks of messing with it. thanks again guys.

Comment

Glad to see your Box recovered, Congratulations!

Comment

Great to see it working for you. Did you use the USB cord or a micro sd to perform the flash?

Comment

Hey Flash125, I used a USB cable I put together, well two different USB cables (kept switching between the two). the pins I shorted are further down, I just shorted pins until I heard the windows disconnect sound. now I have a new conundrum, with 7.1.1 one of the apps I use wont work, which in turn wont allow another app to work. do I try to downgrade or count my lucky stars I was unable to unbrick this thing? plus another app I wanted to use wont work because the system uses a test key and the app sees the box as rooted because of that.
                          Last edited by Dweezle; 05-18-2017, 15:27.

Comment

I am waiting for a cable I ordered online to flash it. The micro sd card I used was only a 2gig which may be what screwed it up in the first place. The new box is supposed to be shipped with 7.1.1 so I'll see what works and what doesn't first hand I guess. Best not to have a brick would be my call.

Comment

If I knew you needed one and were near me I could have sent one to you.

Comment

Thanks for that, I appreciate the thought but it was only $10 for a 6' cord delivered. I'll add it to the drawer full of cables I've collected over the years after I'm done. I was surprised I didn't have this one already.

Comment

Working...
                                X