No announcement yet.

H96 Pro Plus short pin unbrick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so what happened was....I couldn't get 7.1.1 rooted. at all, so I went on a search for the original firmware for this box. hey I found it....flash....this is for the H96 Pro. ok look around some more. This one is perfect H96 Pro Plus 3GB/32GB DDR4...flash...brick. ummmm..... flash back to the H96 Pro. Ok. look some more, H96 Pro Plus 3GB/16GB DDR....flash....hey this is the original, what do you know. oh crap its 4:20 am. I actually flashed it a few times including to 7.1.1 (they were supposed to be rooted but they weren't) a couple of times and a couple of custom firmwares. After the initial flash (that took two weeks) there haven't been any errors flashing. cool, now does anyone know of any software to customize 7.1.1 so I can throw in TWRP and maybe root it?
    Last edited by Dweezle; 05-19-2017, 15:30.

Comment

Found some stuff, gonna try it this weekend.

Comment

Take a Look:

TWRP, Here is a link: https://mega.nz/#!YlY0SYZT!DTu3UwGG2...pY1-dalr8LG_zk
        This is TWRP 3.02-0 Mod for H96Pro which i installed the following way:
        Copy the .img to SD-Card
        Unplug Power
        Insert SD-Card
        Boot with Reset Button held till blue light comes up
        Booted into TWRP
        Flash TWRP to Recovery Partition
        Done

Comment

Thanks Aut0mat3d, once again you have supplied me with fantastic information. I tried using TWRP but I think it was the wrong version. It just flashes a green bar and freezes at the H96 Pro+ logo

Comment

Yes, there seems to be different versions out there, i am not sure if i am allowed to post iinks to other sites.
            I found a collection of different recovery images on a french site - google translator did his job, so i find the right one.
            If you are interested you could google for: "La versione per S905 consente di agire su meno partizioni rispetto a quello per S912"

I installed TWRP by putting the recovery.img on a FAT32 formatted SD card and booted the Box with held Reset-Key (holding it till the blue light comes up) and used the install-Option in TWRP

For modifying a Amlogic Image you could use Amlogic Customization Tool: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ion-tool-2-0-7

Comment

Got my USB cable today...the box flashed perfectly after I fixed the mac_ether.ini file Aut0mat3d mentioned earlier. Thanks a million for all the help.
              I used the firmware https://mega.nz/#F!d1tHVZgA!Qc0mAom7FBHT9HDv3rGtGQ and the box checked out to be rooted.

Comment

Hello My box is the same as yours and I am facing the same problems, my procedure is as follows: USB cable Burning_tool 2.0.8 Mac_ether.ini file in the license folder Fireware I'm trying now what the Flash125 friend posted on top (I've tried several and none worked) I leave Erase flash and Erase bootloader checked I connect the box and short pins 29 and 30 as the friend Automat3d showed The burning_toll acknowledges, but that's the problem, the process stops at 2% with the DDR error With other fireware I get 4% with error in dowload unboot What can I be doing wrong? please help me. thank you

Comment

Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 Port on your computer and plug into the USB closest to the rear of the tv box. Must be a USB 2.0 Type A male to Type A male cable as well. I found the procedure here at Freaktab it's for a different box but it worked for me. No need to short pins.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I did exactly as in the link, but it did not work, my problem remains the same locking in 2% I will continue my search to try to unlock my box If you can help me, I'm grateful.

Comment

Hi Basille,
                      just uninstall usb burn tool and reboot your comp after that reinstall soflware this will work,good luck

Comment

The correct choice of ports is extremely important. On our box it's the one towards the rear. On your computer it must be the proper USB 2.0 port. The mac_ether.ini file should look like the example Automat3d left in post #23. If you open the file in notepad you can view it. The mac_ether.ini file somehow was corrupted in the License folder of my USB Burning Tool download.

Comment

This is a door I'm connecting to. It is the closest to the power input, alias the only one that connects

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170526_191502.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	648608

file mac_ether.ini used [Group1] start = 76:f1:6c:90:00:00 end = 76:f1:6c:90:00:57 used = 0 [fragment]
                          fragment =

And my board has this sticker with the start of the mac:78 can that be the problem? Click image for larger version

Name:	20170526_190554.jpg
Views:	1078
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	648609

Comment

Sorry I don't know but I'm sure someone else will.

Comment

One question ... Is our box really ddr4? What firmware did you use?

Comment

I got the firmware from the Banggood site. Look up the box and the link is in the description. Mine said that it was ddr4 ram, it was printed on the board see 2nd pic post #14.

Comment

Working...
                                X