H96 Pro Plus short pin unbrick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro Plus short pin unbrick help

I had a question I hope someone could help with. I have an H96 Pro Plus box the CPU is a S912 3GB RAM 32GB of storage. It is bricked and one other post (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...k-s912-h96-pro) asked the same question. Which pins would you short to try to recover form the bricked state? A person suggested that pins 5 and 6 on the left side but it doesn't appear that anyone confirmed that nor did the original poster state if it worked. Here is a pic of my chip (if it helps) any help would be greatly appreciated. Forgot to ask, what is the procedure? Short the pin then plug in power? Until it boots? Do you hold the reset button? Thanks again.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I would like to know this as well...I was flashing the firmware to my H96 Pro Plus 3/32 with Burn Card Maker 2.0.2 and forgot to uncheck the erase bootloader box. I started the update then the box went blackscreen. Now the blue light is stuck on and it won't do anything. Can't even put it in recover mode. Dumb mistake but I don't know how to recover from it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

After opening the box I discovered that my box has DDR4 RAM and there are no pins to short. Anyone know what to do.

Comment

Looks like we have the same box. S32-V3 (DDR4) I'm able to get my computer to recognize it by using a USB A to USB A cable in the left top USB port. every time I try to use USB flasher it gets to 2% and my computer makes the "disconnect" sound and the program gives me a USB error.

Comment

I bought mine at Banggood...Got an email this morning from them saying they are sending me a replacement. I was trying to update to the new firmware listed on their website (Firmware Android 7.1 Version: https://mega.nz/#F!d1tHVZgA!Qc0mAom7FBHT9HDv3rGtGQ ) I emailed them first and asked if this was the proper firmware, I was told it was good to go. But it didn't.
          ...Lucky me.

Comment

Good to hear you got your issue resolved. I bought mine on ****, sooooooo....... no joy here yet. Thanks for the link though, I'm going to give that a try. I wonder if there is a pre-boot environment on this.

Comment

All I can say is BE CAREFUL....I got lucky this time...I'll be sure to check that the "erase bootloader" box is unchecked for sure next time...I'll even check it twice. Still can't believe I missed that.
              I'm think I'm going to try the USB method on this bricked box.
              Hey if I can figure this out I'll have a free box.

Comment

please let me know if you succeed. i cant get this freaking thing to flash. been trying for a week

Comment

Originally posted by Flash125 View Post
                  After opening the box I discovered that my box has DDR4 RAM and there are no pins to short. Anyone know what to do.
                  The Board Layout is made for TSOP and BGA Flash chips. You could use the outer solderpads of the TSOP Layout for doing the short

Comment

Thanks Aut0mat3d for your reply. I really appreciate any advice I can get. This will lead me to other places I can investigate.
                    I'm not very computer literate. I don't even know what TSOP stands for but I'll find out.. I'd need to know exactly where I would short them out before I could even try it.

Comment

Ok I found out TSOP stands for "Thin Small Outline Package". It's the USB controller. My box has the 28 pin GL850G chip. Do I short the "reset " Pin #13 to the "GND" pin #15?
                      Thanks for your help.

Comment

Dweezle I looked at the picture in your first post...That is the Nand Flash Memory chip. I just looked it up.

Comment

gaaaaah. so i have been messing around in the wrong area? lovely, fantastic. i uploaded a new pic of the whole board. could someone please point out what to short on this thing?
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Look familiar? I think we have the exact same box.
                            See Aut0mat3d's post above. I found the chip he was talking about and researched it a bit. I downloaded the schematic and know what each input does. I just don't know what we need to do. I don't know what the procedure would be for sure. Still looking for someone who does.
                            I've also read we may need to solder something onto the board.
                            The 28 pin GL850G chip is on the bottom directly in from the optical port...it's quite small about 1/2" x 1/4"

Comment

The Component on the first Picture should be the right Chip (never done the shortcut Method, so be warned!)
                              On Android Systems it is verry common to share EMMC for Operating System and internal Storage.

I attached a Picture with the Pinout and marked Pins 29 and 30 which was mentioned on the other Thread for doing the Shortcut

Comment

Working...
                              X