H96 pro+ 3gb 32gb bricked because of #supersu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 pro+ 3gb 32gb bricked because of #supersu

Hi guys, I have a problem, I installed SuperSU from play store and it installed the binaries and requested a reboot and the box is stuck at mbox logo, I tried factory data reset with no success and tried to download several of the ROM available online and they all return the same errors when I try to flash the by usb stick as an external update.
    the error is
    E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed
    E: error: 21

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

Have you tried to flash the firmware using PC USB method and Amlogic flashing tool and pushing the reset pin?

Comment

No I haven't tried , because I don't know how.

Comment

Look up on YouTube the method above. But before you ever add super SU to a box install a root checker or two. If super SU or something else isn't on the box and you check the root app and it says it's rooted then you should have no problem you install and open it it says it needs to change the binary then it will close. You open it again and it says u need to update and to choose normal or twrp or cwm if you have a recovery added if not choose normal then it will take a second and say it was successful and will say it recommends a reboot and gives u the option to close or reboot. You want to choose reboot. It will reboot no problem and then you can add super SU just by installing it. I've done this 20 to 25 times and never had an issue but I check to see if it says its rooted first and if super SU or the old version or another isn't on the box in apps then you should have no problem installing super SU just follow the steps. If you choose twrp when you don't have a twrp recovery set up its going to mess it up and always reboot once it installs by clicking the reboot button in super SU. Your device either wasn't rooted or already was rooted correctly and you tried to add super SU without first removing the previous root app like kingroot or something similar

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, can you solve your box problem? What method did you use? You could share, I'm exactly with the same problem that you described.

Comment

Answer number #2 seems like the best available option. If you don't know how to do it look on YouTube but make sure you have the exact firmware or you will run into the same if not more problems but look on YouTube so you have a step by step instructions on how to flash a box using the "toothpick" method, personally to reset the box with out damage the best way for me is taking a qtip and pull the cotton off one end .Then you have a perfect size round tool to effectively push and hold the reset without it breaking it bending and not using metal .

But it sounds like you need the firmware for that box. And I'm sure you can find instructions here or YouTube to flash the box with the correct firmware .it's not that difficult you just have to have the right firmware and tools. Best of luck sorry I couldn't be more help I no longer have that box or I would brick it and let you know the steps I took to restore it but I have given it away and I simply can't ask for it back to brick it and fix it .I'm sure there is plenty of knowledge here and someone has the firmware you need and can tell you if you need to use a flash tool or can simply install the firmware to USB or SD some boxes are funny on which one is used to get it up and running .if you search gostware and ask for Robert I'm sure he can tell you how to fix it and likely has the firmware. Good luck .I know it's frustrating .I have a brand new RK box that was actually great for Kodi when it was decent but i briked it in two days and have t taken the time to reinstall the firmware .I was going to make it a gaming box but RK in my opinion suck because of the way they partition the Ram on the box .That's why it was good for Kodi but not good for running apps because even 32gig of storage is split up so you can only use a small portion for apps .Which has nothing to do with the topic

Comment

Working...
            X