Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you don't have a defective flash memory

Comment

I just tried Force erase all, the same result, 10% "Download boot" for more than 5 minutes and then error. Is there a way to tell if the box has defective flash memory?
      Thanks everyone for everything, appreciate it.

Comment

I don't think so as you cannot boot from the box. Probably the company producing it has some external tools to test flash memory

Comment

ok, then, good news, the memory may not be faulty, since I know that the box goes to recovery mode and boots fine when I short the pins.

I did sent a message to the company in China, and, to my surprise, they replied back, and told me they will get back to me after analyzing the problem I described to them. So, hopefully they do have a "magical-private" software to flash the memory.

thank you, cisit, and everyone who is willing to help, appreciate it.

Comment

Let us know what are the results.

Comment

Sure, of course I will. I will post here every step. You all have been very helpful, and I appreciate it.
              Thank you.

Comment

guys, somehow I got the screen to be all green. Before there was no signal at all on screen, now it all green on screen.
                I put sd card in, I short the pins at the same time I press the reset button, and that bring the green screen.
                Anyone knows about that at all?

Comment

the picture out on tv is 1080p 60Hz, but all green screen.

Comment

Sorry, I never got this condition, so I don't know. But I also never had to short the pins to flash the firmware.

Comment

So, cisit, you flash s10 without shorting the pins? I can never get usb-burning-tool to detect s10 without shorting the pins. Pressing the reset button never works for my s10.

Comment

I had to try several times and try several USB ports of the box, power cable was always in (I don't know how others could flash without it, maybe with computer USB power), then suddenly I got the box detected and flash was fine (22092017). I used a USB 2 memory stick for the flash,32GB . What are you using?

Comment

Here is what I do, 2 ways:

1) box connected to power supply; connect the box to computer with usb type A male to male cable; short the pins on s10 box, run flash on usb-burning-tool, it goes up to 10% Download boot, and then error. No signal on tv at all times.

2) prepare sd card using Burn_Card_Maker. Put sd card on s10 box. Connect the box to power supply. Short the pins on s10 box, while pressing reset pin, the tv screen turns completely green, picture is 1080p, and nothing happens after that, even for hours.

What do you use USB 2 memory stick for?

Comment

What I have read is that flashing with SD card does not work with S10 box; sorry I did not use USB stick but flash from PC to Box through USB with USB Burning tool

Comment

that's what I thought you meant.

Comment

Have you tried without SD card ?

Comment

Working...
                                X