R-TV BOX S10 DDR4 3/32GB Android 7.1 4K TV Box S912 AC WIFI Gig LAN BT 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.

I have R-TV S10 box , was working fine. Last week it made a certain noise and stopped suddenly, no signal out, and the blue light stays on. I press the power button on remote, nothing happens. Anyone has been successful bringing this back to life. I use the new-usb-burning-tool, using usb a male to male cable on a pc. The pc doesn't recognize the box at all. When I run usb-burning-tool nothing happens.
    Every little help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Comment

It looks like hardware failure.
      Contact Seller for Warranty

Comment

Have you tried with the reset button? Use also the USB port closest to the power cable input.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.

The store in China won't even reply to my emails anymore. Good lesson not to buy from China anymore. Just to save few bucks, I lost everything.
          I use the reset button, and the usb closest to the power supply, no success.

Anyone has been successful in shorting pins inside the box? If yes, which one?

Thank you very much again for all the help, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by mn.ll.eo View Post

Anyone has been successful in shorting pins inside the box? If yes, which one?
            The pins you need to short are the ones I told you yesterday pins 18 &19 Read this thread and you can see them mentioned.

The store in China won't even reply to my emails anymore
            Its the Chinese new year at the moment, All of china are on there holidays.They should be back at work next week but don't expect a reply asap as they will have two weeks worth of emails to get through.

Blinky
            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.

I tried yesterday to short pins 19 and 20 as you said in the other post, nothing happens. The computer doesn't recognize my box, and the usb-burning-tool doesn't recognize my box nothing happens.
              Now I shorted pins 18 and 19 as you said in the above post. Still nothing. The thing is that the blue light is always on on my box, so, I don't think the box is dead. I read this thread: http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...short-location. Someone suggested to start shorting all the pins that are adjacent to each other. Is that risky?
              Thank you everyone for all your help, I appreciate it.

Comment

Hello.

I finally got the R-TV S10 box to recovery mode, and usb-burning-tool is seeing my box. I start to flash, but it goes only to 9% and it gives this error:

"HUB5-4 9% Download_aml_dtb
                HUB5-4 2018-02-20 15:28:26 172 [0x20304004]UBOOT/Partition_aml_dtb/verify partition/Error result"

Maybe I am close guys, so, please every help will be really appreciated. Please help with suggestions.

By the way, To make it work I created my own usb a male to male cable. I got 2 usb cables that connect to printers, and make it from them. Also, the pins I shorted were 17 and 18.

Thank you very much everyone, please continue to help me.

Comment

Now it stays for a long time at 10% Download Boot and Errors out.
                  Anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Have you tried with a different firmware?

Comment

Thank you very much for helping me, appreciate it.

I have downloaded and tried all the firmawares for R-tv s10 box:
                      jnw_s912_r-tvbox-s10_9377_mac_20170619
                      jnw_s912_ui01_r-tvbox-s10_9377_mac_20170722
                      jnw_s912_ui01_r-tvbox-s10_9377_mac_20170912
                      R_TV_BOX_S10_20171213

Do you know of any firmware that you know works and you can please point me to it, Thank you.

Comment

Have you tried a different power adapter?
                        My recently purchased S10 Android box with the new S912 processor suddenly stopped working with a blue flashing light. Guess who was the culprit? In this vid...

Comment

Thank you. That's exactly how I built my power adapter, from that video. And it did make a difference. From the usual power supply, I couldn't get to recovery mode. When I build the power adapter as shown in that video, after shorting pins 17 and 18, it goes into recovery mode, and usb-burning-tool connects successfully, but it stops at 10% Download Boot.

Comment

Hmmm So frustrating you must be pulling your hair out by now but least your making some progress.

This Custom rom may be worth a shot (Scooter2014 says it works on the S10)

Also you could try this when you get the error (Ok a different box but worth a shot)

Blinky
                            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

10% Download Boot and then gives this error: "UBOOT/Partition_aml_dtb/verify partition/Error result'

Comment

Thank you, blinkone, will try it and let you know, appreciate it very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X