No announcement yet.

R-TV BOX S10 DDR4 3/32GB Android 7.1 4K TV Box S912 AC WIFI Gig LAN BT 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to update R-TV BOX S10 firmware via sdcard ?
    My box stop loading after installing SuperSU...
    I bought USB cable AM/AM but my PC do not see connection...
    Is there any other way to update firmware ?

Comment

I have this box... but apart from UI being very basic it works fine... haven't crashed it yet and scores 41411 on the TuTu so reasonable box if I could only find alternative firmware for it to fix this locked home screen...

Comment

Originally posted by OmeJoop View Post
        I have this box... but apart from UI being very basic it works fine... haven't crashed it yet and scores 41411 on the TuTu so reasonable box if I could only find alternative firmware for it to fix this locked home screen...
        Did u try loading the NOVA and make it the home screen?
        It will go to Nova when you hit the Home screen button. But, when you reboot, the stock UI comes out first.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Did u try loading the NOVA and make it the home screen?
          It will go to Nova when you hit the Home screen button. But, when you reboot, the stock UI comes out first.
          Don't know the Nova launcher have tried TV Launcher first because Kodi was not showing in My App.screen... but guess there will be solution for the poor UI sooner or later because sales depend on it

Comment

Originally posted by OmeJoop View Post

Don't know the Nova launcher have tried TV Launcher first because Kodi was not showing in My App.screen... but guess there will be solution for the poor UI sooner or later because sales depend on it
            The UI is not really that bad . You do need to go the Video widget and start adding apps there to make it easier.
            Try the Nova launcher then make it the home screen. Nova is available via google store.
            Also, the power off goes to sleep by default. I set it to off.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

The UI is not really that bad . You do need to go the Video widget and start adding apps there to make it easier.
              Try the Nova launcher then make it the home screen. Nova is available via google store.
              Also, the power off goes to sleep by default. I set it to off.
              Will try Nova later... power button I set like I wat I need it to do sleep saves time but now and then a power off or restart is needed... but all in all great box for the money AnTuTu score of 41764 is not bad at all!

Comment

I am very much interested in this box. The specs are high I purchased the S-10 ram3gb rom32 gb It took 5 wks for it to arrive. the remote is standard and is low end.I am experienced at programming setting up and using these android boxes and sticks. I am trying to find out if I have a bad box or if all are the same. this box will not show the Kodi app with the other apps and I can download kodi install it put all the add ons and apps in it but it does not hold it as an app and I have to reinstall Kodi every time I would like to use it. Not happy. it is slow and does not play the dts movies and or my 4k request? Is this a bad box or what?

Comment

Open the calculator and type μ318. Will show kdmc then open settings /more delete apk you can now install kodi no issue.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hmm checking into some firmware that have multi user and used program before kinda simple with root access.. This software rooted
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sampipitone View Post
                      I am very much interested in this box. The specs are high I purchased the S-10 ram3gb rom32 gb It took 5 wks for it to arrive. the remote is standard and is low end.I am experienced at programming setting up and using these android boxes and sticks. I am trying to find out if I have a bad box or if all are the same. this box will not show the Kodi app with the other apps and I can download kodi install it put all the add ons and apps in it but it does not hold it as an app and I have to reinstall Kodi every time I would like to use it. Not happy. it is slow and does not play the dts movies and or my 4k request? Is this a bad box or what?
                      Force stop Miracast. See if that helps speed it up.

Comment

hey all, got my box 2 days ago, to replace the old one. the home screen is quite bleh, i installed nova, but just as written above, after reboot it does not come up automatically.

that's ok though, i can live with it.

what bothers me more is that in chrome, the pages do not scroll anymore when i "grab" them with the airmouse, instead the text is selected. and the long press -> open in new tab is gone as well.

is this an android issue, or a chrome issue, or what? already deleted cache on chrome and all, to no avail. i can not even remove it completely as it is not deletable, and i had no way of rooting it (not sure if i want to at all)

anyone any idea what i could do?

Comment

Hi waryou303 ,

i have nearly the same Problem , with my cheap Airmouse with Keyborad and Chrome , but that has todo with

the different "Keylayout" values of Boxes and Remotes .

Why do you not use ApexLauncher , nice , fast & variable , if he works on 7.1 , dont know / SmartLauncher3 is

not bad for TVBoxes . But that is your choise .

hope it helped

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by waryou303 View Post
                            hey all, got my box 2 days ago, to replace the old one. the home screen is quite bleh, i installed nova, but just as written above, after reboot it does not come up automatically.

that's ok though, i can live with it.

what bothers me more is that in chrome, the pages do not scroll anymore when i "grab" them with the airmouse, instead the text is selected. and the long press -> open in new tab is gone as well.

is this an android issue, or a chrome issue, or what? already deleted cache on chrome and all, to no avail. i can not even remove it completely as it is not deletable, and i had no way of rooting it (not sure if i want to at all)

anyone any idea what i could do?
                            U can just hit the home button and Nova will be there.

Comment

Had this box kodi installed OK but box crashed while watching a movie
                              There was a kodi icon on home page when I got the box and ot was already running Kodi 17.4 I was very impressed but it only lasted 3 days..
                              After it crashed (3 days) I did a quick recovery (tooth pick method) and reinstalled kodi but although it was showing Kodi in the System/apps as being installed it would not run..
                              I contacted the people I bought the box off and they directed me to a link where I could download the software for the box which I did but could not get the box to connect to my PC via USB burning Wizard so now I got a brick box which now will not even go to quick recovery (tooth pick method)
                              Not happy asked for a refund!!!

Comment

thanks for the responses! i got Nova working just fine, i just need to teach my family that in case of a power outage or anything they need to bring up and click the home button and the screen that is familiar to them will show up

this brings me to the other annoying thing though - after a few hours, say, nighttime, when in the morning i switch to the tv box, it's "asleep", or basically gone - the blue light is on, but there is no way i can bring it up again. I need to disconnect power and then back to reboot the whole thing.

any way to prevent this? it should be always on. i couldn't find any settings for this, i found the "sleep" setting but the most i can set is 30 minutes, which is ridiculous. I also tried with Android Assistant to prevent the device from going to sleep, but apparently to no avail.

oh and the browser thing - it must be a Chrome issue now, i'm certain. I installed firefox and it works just fine, i can grab the pages to scroll them, and am able to open links on new tabs. So chrome apparently lost this functionality, or i don't know. Too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X