R-TV BOX S10 DDR4 3/32GB Android 7.1 4K TV Box S912 AC WIFI Gig LAN BT 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waryou303 View Post
    thanks for the responses! i got Nova working just fine, i just need to teach my family that in case of a power outage or anything they need to bring up and click the home button and the screen that is familiar to them will show up

this brings me to the other annoying thing though - after a few hours, say, nighttime, when in the morning i switch to the tv box, it's "asleep", or basically gone - the blue light is on, but there is no way i can bring it up again. I need to disconnect power and then back to reboot the whole thing.

any way to prevent this? it should be always on. i couldn't find any settings for this, i found the "sleep" setting but the most i can set is 30 minutes, which is ridiculous. I also tried with Android Assistant to prevent the device from going to sleep, but apparently to no avail.

oh and the browser thing - it must be a Chrome issue now, i'm certain. I installed firefox and it works just fine, i can grab the pages to scroll them, and am able to open links on new tabs. So chrome apparently lost this functionality, or i don't know. Too bad.
    Switch the power mode to off in the settings ( Power ) .
    That sleep mode is annoying .

Comment

Originally posted by ardentbuzz View Post
      Had this box kodi installed OK but box crashed while watching a movie
      There was a kodi icon on home page when I got the box and ot was already running Kodi 17.4 I was very impressed but it only lasted 3 days..
      After it crashed (3 days) I did a quick recovery (tooth pick method) and reinstalled kodi but although it was showing Kodi in the System/apps as being installed it would not run..
      I contacted the people I bought the box off and they directed me to a link where I could download the software for the box which I did but could not get the box to connect to my PC via USB burning Wizard so now I got a brick box which now will not even go to quick recovery (tooth pick method)
      Not happy asked for a refund!!!
      After leaving the box disconnected overnight ( I have done it twice) I was able to get a response using the toothpick method but it is stuck on S10 boot screen can anybody help me now???
      Attached Files

Comment

This box has problems. Mine wouldn't send a signal through the HDMI cable to the TV when you turn the power on with the remote. I would get no HDMI connection on my tv. The only way to get it to work was to unplug the power cord and plug it back in. I was told to go buy another HDMI cable and charger and see if that works. So I do that and now it won't event turn on now matter what I do. I guess I'll chalk this up as a loss because It's not worth spending $30 or so to ship it back to China.

Comment

im having issue with the box going in sleep mode and have to restart after taking the cord off everytime. my box updated to 7.1.2 and now the android settings are changed i can not find the power option anywhere,this new upgrade is worst. please help.
          Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Switch the power mode to off in the settings ( Power ) .
          That sleep mode is annoying .

Comment

I have given up with this box. It seems to be completely screwed up. I am unable to flash it using Armlogic USB flash tool 2.008 I get error 0x30201004 at 7% burn.. I tried using Armlogic SD card maker and it will boot of the SD card to the android screen but goes into a continuous loop Upgrading.. very frustrating cos the SD card method seems to have promise. It stops upgrading only about 15 seconds after it boots which would be about 7% of space done along the upgrade line so I thought it maybe the latest firmware so I found a copy of original firmware (7.1) but when I try to boot with that (SD card) I get blank screen.. Tried Googling the error but no luck .
            Can someone HELP???
            Last edited by ardentbuzz; 08-27-2017, 22:13. Reason: Sort of sucess at last

Comment

Sort of success at last Got it to boot via SD card now it says it is upgrading it is not looping as before but has been stuck on this screen for 1/2 hour (see green progress on LH Side of upgrade bar...
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

SUCCESS at last!!!!

Burn the image to SD card (no bigger than an 8gb card) using Armlogic SD card maker

Put card in sd card slot and then connect power and it should boot to screen in photo above... when you see it trying to do an upgrade remove sd card then pull plug

Put card back in and reconnect power and it should finish the upgrade

Hope this helps as I been 2 weeks sorting this out

Comment

SUCCESS at last!!!!

Burn the image to SD card (no bigger than an 8gb card) using Armlogic SD card maker

Put card in sd card slot and then connect power and it should boot to screen in photo above... when you see it trying to do an upgrade remove sd card then pull plug

Did you change the User Interface too?

Comment

SUCCESS at last!!!!

Well just to give a final update this box is going in the bin!!! It only worked for two days than crashed just after booting up this morning

Tried to do upgrade again as above but box will not connect to tv at all
                    This is a very nice looking high spec box but it has issues and I can not recommend it until maybe a new image is available

Comment

Use supercelerons new alfwise ddr3/ddr4 firmware works
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi scooter, I have a question about the ir remote of r-tv s10 with the new superceleron alfawise h96 pro plus ddr3/ddr4 android tv. How do you config the original ir remote please ?

Comment

• scooter2014
                          scooter2014 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You dont its hard coded onto the firmware. Hope a dev posts a quick fix soon

Iv been playing around with the 2/16Gb version of the R TV BOX S10 for a few weeks now,Some days it will work great then other days it sucks.Im Using stock FW 20170722 it says I'm on the latest FW

Will try supercelerons new alfwise ddr3/ddr4 firmware Once the review is done
                        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                          Iv been playing around with the 2/16Gb version of the R TV BOX S10 for a few weeks now,Some days it will work great then other days it sucks.Im Using stock FW 20170722 it says I'm on the latest FW

Will try supercelerons new alfwise ddr3/ddr4 firmware Once the review is done
                          I agree totally with your comments!!! Some days it will work some days it sucks!!!! A real nice looking box but firmware very suspect.... I have read at length (over 280 posts ) on another forum about the problems with this box...

Comment

I have a S10 box and want to have my apps on the home page. Does anyone know how to add apps to a new launcher? All my apps don't have shortcuts. I read that if I press longer on the app then I can drag it to the home screen. My experience is that no matter what type of press (long or short) results in the app starting.
                            Last edited by avs1232003; 09-25-2017, 21:40. Reason: Let me revise the question: how do I add app shortcuts on the standard launcher?

Comment

Was anyone able to connect their box to Lan? I have the ethernet cable plugged in, but it doesn't seem to register

Comment

Working...
                              X