No announcement yet.

H96 Pro TV Dongle Android 7 Amlogic S912 2/8GB BT4.1 H.265 4K Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received mine, which is a 16 gig version. Pretty neat actually. Am using a Probox Remote + Air Mouse ( no keyboard) which works nicely, though the mouse pointer is too small. Will test it with the 4 or 5 remotes I have hanging around. No fan which is a big improvement over the Lenovo. Wish you could customize the home menu and get rid of some of the items but it is quite functional. The WiFi is surprisingly good. I’ve also gotten it to power off my TV though it’s not stable. Kept rebooting. Maybe another cable or USB port. It has two USB ports so I might try a large flash drive in addition to a large micro USB card.

Using a remote without mouse capability, like the Fire TV, would not work in most apps for obvious reasons. Might do for a Kodi though. The Remote + Air Remote is actually not bad, but a bit pricy.

The Lenovo stick runs off a power bank so I assume this will as well. The power supply is 5v/2a so iPad, etc... power supplies should be fine.

Although the resolution of the home he home screen is 4K Kodi seems to choose 1080p. Not a big deal but odd. This doesn not happen with the Shield TV.

Edit: Found the sleep setting under screen saver. Also, the power button of the Remote + puts the stick to sleep. Pressing a key wakes it up so that’s great! On the other hand, powering down seems to require unplugging the USB power cable ( and plugging it back in) if you wish to use the unit again. There is no on/off switch and my remote will not power it back on.
    Last edited by pmcd; 11-23-2017, 04:37.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanman2004 View Post

Currently using a 128GB micro SD card in mine and it recognized it OOB and was able to format it as internal storage
      Does it format it as ext4 or does it give you a choice? If you format it as fat32 with mbr then you could easily move files between a Mac, pc and it. Not sure about the mbr issue or if that matters. The problem is Windows will not allow you to format is as FAT ( wants exFAT). Don’t want to wreck a 128 gig drive by using a wrong partition scheme.

Do you think there’s enough power to also use a flash drive?

Comment

Originally posted by nik4o77 View Post
        Hi there, I would like to ask you if any of you have WiFi signal cut problems?
        Mine seems to work quite well. Surprised, actually.

Comment

What about thermal soc temperature during ful HD streaming?

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post

Does it format it as ext4 or does it give you a choice? If you format it as fat32 with mbr then you could easily move files between a Mac, pc and it. Not sure about the mbr issue or if that matters. The problem is Windows will not allow you to format is as FAT ( wants exFAT). Don’t want to wreck a 128 gig drive by using a wrong partition scheme.

Do you think there’s enough power to also use a flash drive?
            More than likely Android formats the micro SD to FAT32 since I was able to plug mine to my desktop PC using an adapter. I have also used both a USB stick and micro SD in my dongle at the same time so I'm confident the dongle puts out enough power to run just a single flash drive.

Comment

Just received mine, which is a 16 gig version. Pretty neat actually. Am using a Probox Remote + Air Mouse ( no keyboard) which works nicely, though the mouse pointer is too small. Will test it with the 4 or 5 remotes I have hanging around. No fan which is a big improvement over the Lenovo. Wish you could customize the home menu and get rid of some of the items but it is quite functional. The WiFi is surprisingly good. I’ve also gotten it to power off my TV though it’s not stable. Kept rebooting. Maybe another cable or USB port. It has two USB ports so I might try a large flash drive in addition to a large micro USB card.

Using a remote without mouse capability, like the Fire TV, would not work in most apps for obvious reasons. Might do for a Kodi though. The Remote + Air Remote is actually not bad, but a bit pricy.

The Lenovo stick runs off a power bank so I assume this will as well. The power supply is 5v/2a so iPad, etc... power supplies should be fine.

Although the resolution of the home he home screen is 4K Kodi seems to choose 1080p. Not a big deal but odd. This doesn not happen with the Shield TV.

Edit: Found the sleep setting under screen saver. Also, the power button of the Remote + puts the stick to sleep. Pressing a key wakes it up so that’s great! On the other hand, powering down seems to require unplugging the USB power cable ( and plugging it back in) if you wish to use the unit again. There is no on/off switch and my remote will not power it back on.
              Regarding your statement a/b the mouse pointer: you're able to resize the mouse pointer within the config settings. Also, regarding changing the home menu: there's a bug in the firmware that wouldn't allow me to use Nova Launcher so I installed this rom here and was able to solve that issue.

Comment

More than likely Android formats the micro SD to FAT32 since I was able to plug mine to my desktop PC using an adapter. I have also used both a USB stick and micro SD in my dongle at the same time so I'm confident the dongle puts out enough power to run just a single flash drive.
                My 128gb Sandisk micro usb just arrived so will give that a go. I was thinking of getting one of these 128 gb microfit sticks from Sandisk ( flash drive which is small so you wouldn’t have a dongle sticking out of the dongle!) but worried about possible heat issues. Having 250 gb of very portable storage would be ideal for an upcoming trip. Just the whole power issue. The Lenovo Stick 300 is unforgiving in that way.

Will try the rom later. Thanks. Hmm ... seems to be for the 8 gig version. I wonder if that matters?

Comment

My 128gb Sandisk micro usb just arrived so will give that a go. I was thinking of getting one of these 128 gb microfit sticks from Sandisk ( flash drive which is small so you wouldn’t have a dongle sticking out of the dongle!) but worried about possible heat issues. Having 250 gb of very portable storage would be ideal for an upcoming trip. Just the whole power issue. The Lenovo Stick 300 is unforgiving in that way.

Will try the rom later. Thanks. Hmm ... seems to be for the 8 gig version. I wonder if that matters?
                  It doesn't matter whether you have the 16GB or 8GB version, the rom works for both. Word of advice: if you're big into emulators like me, make sure your apk's are the most current version or you'll end up like I did where I wasted time trying to troubleshoot crashes. I highly doubt heat will be an issue for your dongle. And also I'd suggest setting up your 128GB micro SD as portable and not internal storage or the apps you install on it will have permission conflicts and you won't have read access to the micro SD.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to turn it off, i cant find "shutdown" option anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by tabasco69 View Post
                      Anybody managed to find the display settings for this stick? I would like to alter the screen size as you can with most android boxes but there does not seem to be a suitable obvious display option which is very strange. Any help would be very much appreciated.
                      Hey bud, did you ever solve this? i have the same stick and trying to get it working on my car stereo screen but it comes up as a garbled mess on that screen but fine on my tv, any advice?

Comment

It doesn't matter whether you have the 16GB or 8GB version, the rom works for both. Word of advice: if you're big into emulators like me, make sure your apk's are the most current version or you'll end up like I did where I wasted time trying to troubleshoot crashes. I highly doubt heat will be an issue for your dongle. And also I'd suggest setting up your 128GB micro SD as portable and not internal storage or the apps you install on it will have permission conflicts and you won't have read access to the micro SD.
                        Interesting re the 8 vs 16 model. Can you revert to the factory rom once you upgrade? Not sure what you mean by portable vs internal. Do you get that option when it formats it? My Shield TV has something called adopted storage or whatever which allows a micro sd or USB 3 drive to be considered as internal storage. A bit strange as the media then gets encrypted and you have to be careful if you ever want to move it.

Comment

Using an old CX-919 at the mo and was thinking of picking one of these dongles up as I am desperate for an improvement in performance.

Would a USB 2.0 to Ethernet adapter work with this stick to allow me to hardwire it to my router?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Okki87 View Post
                            Can anyone tell me how to turn it off, i cant find "shutdown" option anywhere
                            There is a power icon on the home screen. When I clicked it the unit turned off. But then I couldn’t turn it back on without unplugging it. There is a setting that asks you what you want the power button to do. When I press the power on my remote it sleeps.

Comment

There is a power icon on the home screen. When I clicked it the unit turned off. But then I couldn’t turn it back on without unplugging it. There is a setting that asks you what you want the power button to do. When I press the power on my remote it sleeps.
                              I cant seen to see that power icon? Ive got the remote in picture there fore dont have power button on remote either
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Okki87 View Post

I cant seen to see that power icon? Ive got the remote in picture there fore dont have power button on remote either
                                There are a bunch of icons at the bottom of the home screen. Sort of a navigation bar. The one on the right is a power button.

Comment

Working...
                                X