H96 Pro TV Dongle Android 7 Amlogic S912 2/8GB BT4.1 H.265 4K Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmcd View Post

There are a bunch of icons at the bottom of the home screen. Sort of a navigation bar. The one on the right is a power button.
    That navigation bar seems to disappear on me, do you know how to make it appear??

Comment

• RISCy Dude
      RISCy Dude commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, I don't have this device. But often the bar can be recalled by dragging the mouse up from the bottom of the screen, or down from the top of the screen.

Interesting re the 8 vs 16 model. Can you revert to the factory rom once you upgrade? Not sure what you mean by portable vs internal. Do you get that option when it formats it? My Shield TV has something called adopted storage or whatever which allows a micro sd or USB 3 drive to be considered as internal storage. A bit strange as the media then gets encrypted and you have to be careful if you ever want to move it.
    You are able to revert back to the factory rom, but you will have to flash the image of it though. You get the option to format it the micro SD as portable or internal.

Comment

Originally posted by Okki87 View Post

That navigation bar seems to disappear on me, do you know how to make it appear??
      In Settings there is an option to have it disappear or not! Things are scattered about in Settings so look both in the usual Settings and the DroidSettings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow152 View Post

Hey bud, did you ever solve this? i have the same stick and trying to get it working on my car stereo screen but it comes up as a garbled mess on that screen but fine on my tv, any advice?
        I did actually. If you go into the 'Droid Settings' (not the other settings) the usual display options are in there and you can easily set the screen up as you like. Hope that helps.

It would be a decent little unit if the wifi didn't cut out all the time. I've tried the static ip idea and unfortunately, that didn't work, tried to hardwire it using a usb to ethernet which also doesn't seem to work so I was wondering if anybody has solved that particular issue as it's really beginning to bug me?

Comment

Originally posted by urbanman2004 View Post

More than likely Android formats the micro SD to FAT32 since I was able to plug mine to my desktop PC using an adapter. I have also used both a USB stick and micro SD in my dongle at the same time so I'm confident the dongle puts out enough power to run just a single flash drive.
          I used the 128 gig card formatted as exFAT on a Mac and the H96Pro read it just fine! Really impressed how well it worked on a trip I took. Way better than the Lenovo stick pc in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tabasco69 View Post

I did actually. If you go into the 'Droid Settings' (not the other settings) the usual display options are in there and you can easily set the screen up as you like. Hope that helps.

It would be a decent little unit if the wifi didn't cut out all the time. I've tried the static ip idea and unfortunately, that didn't work, tried to hardwire it using a usb to ethernet which also doesn't seem to work so I was wondering if anybody has solved that particular issue as it's really beginning to bug me?
            WiFi works fine for me. Perhaps something else? Too bad the USB Ethernet adapters don’t work.

Comment

WiFi works fine for me. Perhaps something else? Too bad the USB Ethernet adapters don’t work.
              Yeah I am also looking for an option to connect my ethernet cable on this dongle. I tried 2 USB-Ethernet units, but both are not recognized. Anybody got this to work?

Another question: I added this new home screen on my stick, working very well. Only weird issue that only the KODI icon cannot be added on the bottom shortcut bars?

Comment

Originally posted by Troxelke View Post

Yeah I am also looking for an option to connect my ethernet cable on this dongle. I tried 2 USB-Ethernet units, but both are not recognized. Anybody got this to work?

Another question: I added this new home screen on my stick, working very well. Only weird issue that only the KODI icon cannot be added on the bottom shortcut bars?
                Those look like a convoluted mess IMO. Better off using a dedicated Launcher/Home App like Nova Launcher IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnetta
                  Can anyone know where I can find the latest original H96 Pro Dongle firmware from September ?

Comment

Originally posted by nik4o77 View Post
                    Hi there, I would like to ask you if any of you have WiFi signal cut problems?
                    I'm currently having issues with wifi. Streams are showing up as choppy in apps I use such as Mobdro

Comment

For solving wifi problems I added external fan (5v USB Noctua type) and pull out internal wifi antenna.Result after (during streaming film full HD): max temp=50 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-50dBm.Result before: max temp=83 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-65dBm.Resonable, I'm very happy.Kodi very flawlesly.

Comment

Originally posted by calinut View Post
                        For solving wifi problems I added external fan (5v USB Noctua type) and pull out internal wifi antenna.Result after (during streaming film full HD): max temp=50 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-50dBm.Result before: max temp=83 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-65dBm.Resonable, I'm very happy.Kodi very flawlesly.
                        If possible could you post pics of your set up. Also when you said to "pull out internal wifi antenna" are you replacing the original antenna w/ another one or is the original antenna being exposed?

Comment

For photo, please see post #26.Kept original antenna, just only put it out of case.I wish you good luck and a Happy New Year!

Comment

Well for the USB ethernet part, I am a little further, I bought a new USB Ethernet dongle from Ugreen and this one starts to flash, green and orange leds.
                            However, still no option available on the setting menu. It seems the stock version does not recognize the Ethernet Dongle. What could I try?
                            Thanks, Roy.

Comment

Well for the USB ethernet part, I am a little further, I bought a new USB Ethernet dongle from Ugreen and this one starts to flash, green and orange leds.
                              However, still no option available on the setting menu. It seems the stock version does not recognize the Ethernet Dongle. What could I try?
                              Thanks, Roy.
                              Hi guys, nobody a clue? I am now on SuperCeleron ROM, the ROM is nice, but again no USB Ethernet ...
                              Last edited by Troxelke; 01-13-2018, 21:03.

Comment

Working...
                              X