No announcement yet.

H96 Pro TV Dongle Android 7 Amlogic S912 2/8GB BT4.1 H.265 4K Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to ask if there is any way to connect Ethernet to this dongle? Before on older MK808B plus I was using asus usb-ethernet adapter and generally everything was working fine but with this one it just doesn't work.

Comment

Hi there, I would like to ask you if any of you have WiFi signal cut problems?

Comment

Is there any hidden setting to make display from the stick permanently upside down, I mean it would be booting to upside down screen? I know there are some apps doing this, I tried a couple of them which are free, to no effect.

Comment

I just bought the 16gig version of this and am awaiting delivery. Want to use it as a travel media player. I am currently using a Lenovo Stick 300 which is surprisingly good but it has an audible fan which can be distracting. Anyway, am concerned about the remote situation. Will a Fire TV Bluetooth remote work? Don’’t care for a keyboard and would like to avoid a dongle. Can’’t use most phones as I won’t have WiFi access.

There is a micro sd slot. It says up to 32gigs but is that because of fat32 or will larger cards work after being formatted as fat32? What about plugging in a portable drive into the usb slot ( can’t on the Lenovo due to power issues)?

Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post
            I just bought the 16gig version of this and am awaiting delivery. Want to use it as a travel media player. I am currently using a Lenovo Stick 300 which is surprisingly good but it has an audible fan which can be distracting. Anyway, am concerned about the remote situation. Will a Fire TV Bluetooth remote work? Don’’t care for a keyboard and would like to avoid a dongle. Can’’t use most phones as I won’t have WiFi access. There is a micro sd slot. It says up to 32gigs but is that because of fat32 or will larger cards work after being formatted as fat32? What about plugging in a portable drive into the usb slot ( can’t on the Lenovo due to power issues)? Any info would be appreciated.
            I think nobody went to such detail and tested the items you mention. Now, since you will soon get the stick we will be interested to here from you how the stick is dealing with these things. I can only confirm that the stick is working with Skype .

Comment

I just bought the 16gig version of this and am awaiting delivery. Want to use it as a travel media player. I am currently using a Lenovo Stick 300 which is surprisingly good but it has an audible fan which can be distracting. Anyway, am concerned about the remote situation. Will a Fire TV Bluetooth remote work? Don’’t care for a keyboard and would like to avoid a dongle. Can’’t use most phones as I won’t have WiFi access.

There is a micro sd slot. It says up to 32gigs but is that because of fat32 or will larger cards work after being formatted as fat32? What about plugging in a portable drive into the usb slot ( can’t on the Lenovo due to power issues)?

About our lake of WIFI access, the dongle could act as Wifi server, you can connect your phone on it.
              About external memory, my 128 Go usb key works fine ...

Comment

I attempt to use it behind a videoprojector and push my phone content with the miracast service
                The dongle detect my phone, but I've any cast after that ... Perhaps linked to the wifi issues ...
                -- Fixed with the SuperCeleron's Rom; the native one is a mess --
                Last edited by ljvd; 11-19-2017, 23:35.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                  Ahrrr Good to see a new TV stick but would of been nice to see it with 16GB rom
                  There's a 16GB version. Bought one off Gearbest

Comment

Currently using a 128GB micro SD card in mine and it recognized it OOB and was able to format it as internal storage

Comment

If you have any hardware fix advice for the temperature and the wifi connection issues, you're welcome.
                      I'm ready to test some modifications before putting this dongle in the trash

Comment

I added external fan (5v USB Noctua type) and pull out internal wifi antenna.Result after (during streaming film full HD): max temp=50 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-50dBm.Result before: max temp=83 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-65dBm.Resonable, I'm very happy.Kodi very flawlesly.Need more?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by calinut View Post
                          I added external fan (5v USB Noctua type) and pull out internal wifi antenna.Result after (during streaming film full HD): max temp=50 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-50dBm.Result before: max temp=83 degrees Celsius, signal strength=-65dBm.Resonable, I'm very happy.Kodi very flawlesly.Need more?
                          Thanks calinut , About the antenna is-it just the native one pulled out?
                          Here Ada64 measures -75 - 80 dBm depending of the position, the max temp 73C° , never more due to the freeze

Comment

Native antenna.You may expect increasing signal at least min.10% (after taking out).Any way, you may not have freezing anymore after adding vent.What version kernel, android you have 7.1.2 (after july 2017)?

Comment

Yes, I'm under 7.1.2 Nougat ... About the antenna, opening the box don't really improve the wifi connection, +5 db isn't enough . Perhaps some usb wifi antenna could do the job ... This dongle is a mess ...

Comment

yes, I have thinking before for this USB antenna, but, perhaps need additional dedicated drivers.If you succeed, please tell me.

Comment

Working...
                                X