No announcement yet.

Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those with this box - what are your thoughts and/or experiences using the switch in settings to upvert all SDR to HDR?

I'm referring to the setting located:

Settings>Common>More Settings>Display>SDR to HDR>On/Off

When I turn that on, my TV thinks that everything coming from the TX92 is HDR content. It makes things very bright.

So I know this isn't some black magic from our overseas friends that's magically changing Gilligan's Island reruns into HDR content (But Ginger does looks AMAZING), what is it actually doing?

On a side note, I found that by turning the first three settings under HDMI CEC to "On", the remote from my LG OLED65C6P will control everything on the TX92, including Kodi. I have CEC turned on with all of my equipment and the LG remote doesn't do squat with most of them so this it pretty sweet in my book.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got the player after 5 weeks.

My limited experience so far:
      - HDMI detection and CEC work really bad with my Samsung 7 Series
      - TV tries to set it up as a new device every time it powers on
      - TV remote only works sometimes to control the player (not a problem since I use a different remote)
      - 4K HDR playback through USB seems to work just fine
      - Need to test playback through gigabit
      - H.265/HEVC playback seems to be stuttering with the files I have
      - Temperature is pretty high running Kodi like some other people have noted
      - Maybe running a less demanding theme can help?

Comment

Originally posted by meowz0r
        Finally got the player after 5 weeks.

My limited experience so far:
        - HDMI detection and CEC work really bad with my Samsung 7 Series
        - TV tries to set it up as a new device every time it powers on
        - TV remote only works sometimes to control the player (not a problem since I use a different remote)
        - 4K HDR playback through USB seems to work just fine
        - Need to test playback through gigabit
        - H.265/HEVC playback seems to be stuttering with the files I have
        - Temperature is pretty high running Kodi like some other people have noted
        - Maybe running a less demanding theme can help?
        I have watched online HEVC files without any issues.
        Maybe you could try with different players.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got my TX92 and so far I'm pretty happy. It does run a little warm (in the 70s running SPMC, in a 21-22C room), but so far no crashes or lockups.

Few questions though:

1. Is there any way to map the TV Center button on the homescreen to Kodi or SPMC? I uninstalled TV Center, installed SPMC but it won't link the TV Center button to SPMC. Does it link it to Kodi?

2. The Playstore that is installed is 8.0.26 I believe, and when I click on the version, it says that it's up to date. I suppose I could manually update it, but is there any reason as to why it's not auto updating? This happened to my old M8S Mini II. My MeCool M8S Pro+ seems to auto-update.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            1. Is there any way to map the TV Center button on the homescreen to Kodi or SPMC? I uninstalled TV Center, installed SPMC but it won't link the TV Center button to SPMC. Does it link it to Kodi?
            Yes, if you remove the TV Center and install the Kodi, the TV Center button will run a new Kodi, because TV Center - this is the Kodi, and this button is set to it.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
              Just got my TX92 and so far I'm pretty happy. It does run a little warm (in the 70s running SPMC, in a 21-22C room), but so far no crashes or lockups.

Few questions though:

2. The Playstore that is installed is 8.0.26 I believe, and when I click on the version, it says that it's up to date. I suppose I could manually update it, but is there any reason as to why it's not auto updating? This happened to my old M8S Mini II. My MeCool M8S Pro+ seems to auto-update.
              May I ask what was your goal by removing the tvcenter?
              I don't see any better temperatures with SPMC.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post

May I ask what was your goal by removing the tvcenter?
                I don't see any better temperatures with SPMC.

Don't think TV Center gets updates does it? I like how SPMC or even Kodi are in the play store and will auto update.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
                  Don't think TV Center gets updates does it? I like how SPMC or even Kodi are in the play store and will auto update.
                  My logic says that boxes are not mobiles and should be kept without tampering if they play fine.
                  So, I like to root, flash custom rom at my mobile (OP3T), but if the tvbox works fine, I won't bother.

In your case, you have a problem now with your shortcut of the tv center, although it was working fine before. And keep in mind that KODI in general, doesn't need updating all the time.
                  The addons are important to be updated.

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

Kodi works with the TV center button as Agent said, SPMC does not.

Yeah I know it's not critical to update Kodi all the time, but they do release small fixes and security patches.

So no one knows why the Play Store doesn't update on this box? That is pretty much the only 'issue' I'm having. It's running 8.0.26, which is fairly recent, but not the latest version of play store. I tried sideloading/installing 8.4.19 from apkmirror but it says the installation must be corrupt.

Comment

Kodi works with the TV center button as Agent said, SPMC does not.

Yeah I know it's not critical to update Kodi all the time, but they do release small fixes and security patches.

So no one knows why the Play Store doesn't update on this box? That is pretty much the only 'issue' I'm having. It's running 8.0.26, which is fairly recent, but not the latest version of play store. I tried sideloading/installing 8.4.19 from apkmirror but it says the installation must be corrupt.
                      That is rather strange because the Vorke Z6 firmware, which is virtually the same, does have the playstore auto updating Kodi and all other apps.

Comment

If you want - put the firmware from the VorkeZ6 (not plus). I tried, everything works, the only difference is the "Vorke" title instead of the Tanix.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSlash
                          If you want - put the firmware from the VorkeZ6 (not plus). I tried, everything works, the only difference is the "Vorke" title instead of the Tanix.
                          Does the clock and other display info work as well with this firmware?

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSlash View Post
                            Good to know, thanks.

What about WiFi? It's my understanding that these boxes could potentially have different wifi chips? Or did I read wrong?

I might just flash to Magendanz nano nexus rom.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                              Does the clock and other display info work as well with this firmware?
                              What about WiFi? It's my understanding that these boxes could potentially have different wifi chips? Or did I read wrong?
                              Everything works exactly the same as on the original Tanix firmware. The only difference I noticed is the "Vorke" title on home screen =)

But currently my Tanix on this firmware http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1
                              You can also try if there is a desire.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSlash View Post

Everything works exactly the same as on the original Tanix firmware. The only difference I noticed is the "Vorke" title on home screen =)

But currently my Tanix on this firmware http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1
                                You can also try if there is a desire.
                                I tried that rom before but lcd kept showing "boot" instead of the time.

Is that fixed since?

Comment

Working...
                                X