Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rahzel

The 11/07 firmware is May 5th. I honestly don't expect the 12/01 firmware to be any different. These box makers don't seem to care about security patches.
    Hmm the security patch would be a main reason for me to upgrade.
    Everything else is working fine so far.

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

So I experienced 2 random reboots in less than 24hrs on the 11/07 firmware, going to go ahead and install the 12/01 firmware that Gearbest sent me.

edit: 12/01 seems largely the same as the 11/07 firmware. Security patch still May 5th, play store still 8.3.73, Chrome has the home button etc.

It does seem a touch more stable, but it does seem to run a bit warmer, more inline with the original firmware (09/06?). I've seen it reach 80c after installing apps and addons.

Most important thing is I haven't experienced any reboots yet, so I'm going to stick with this for now.

edit: 12/01 firmware has been solid so far. And temperatures are fine. Oddly enough, after rebooting the box, I haven't seen temps go higher than ~70c. Perhaps the heat from before was just from heavy installing of apps/add ons. Without active cooling, it probably just took a while for the heat to dissipate
      Last edited by rahzel; 12-22-2017, 23:22.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
        So I contacted Gearbest about a week ago asking for a factory firmware image, and they finally got back to me. The one they sent me was dated 12/01, so it is a month newer than the one bodrick posted above.
        The firmware image in the archive for 30.11.2017

Comment

I would like to present to your attention an alternative firmware for our TX92 box version 2/16:

Android 7.1.2 firmware V2.0.1 for Ugoos AM3

This is the best firmware for today, which is also suitable for TX92! More in detail with this version you can find below under the link.

All we sacrifice after upgrading to an alternative AM3 is the external LCD display! It will not work.The native remote controller becomes functional after a small patch for the TWRP. The files for this I will attach below.
          And most importantly, we will be able to receive all official updates from OTA! Wi-Fi also works!

Update using USB_Burning_Tool v2.0.5.15-build7 or a newer version.

Patch for normal operation of the remote control (install using TWRP after updating to Android 7.1.2 firmware V2.0.1 for Ugoos AM3):
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bodrick; 12-21-2017, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by bodrick View Post
            I would like to present to your attention an alternative firmware for our TX2 box version 2/16:

This is the best firmware for today, which is also suitable for TX92! More in detail with this version you can find below under the link.
            LCD display will not work that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

LCD display will not work that's for sure
              I do not need it, for example

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdari View Post
                i disabled some services in order to get better temps.

Which services did you disable and how much your temperature went down?

Comment

Originally posted by bodrick View Post
                  I would like to present to your attention an alternative firmware for our TX92 box version 2/16:

All we sacrifice after upgrading to an alternative AM3 is the external LCD display! It will not work.The native remote controller becomes functional after a small patch for the TWRP. The files for this I will attach below.
                  And most importantly, we will be able to receive all official updates from OTA! Wi-Fi also works!

Update using USB_Burning_Tool v2.0.5.15-build7 or a newer version.

Patch for normal operation of the remote control (install using TWRP after updating to Android 7.1.2 firmware V2.0.1 for Ugoos AM3):
                  for TX92 3/32 may not work because DDR4 ram

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                    So I contacted Gearbest about a week ago asking for a factory firmware image, and they finally got back to me. The one they sent me was dated 12/01, so it is a month newer than the one bodrick posted above.

Warning: I have not tried the firmware yet, as the one bodrick posted above is working fine. If a dev or user is interested in looking into this firmware and report back, that would be great.

Again, it is from Gearbest so I'm sure it's safe.

I can't seem to decompress that file. Do you have an updated link that you could send, if you don't mind. I've been in touch with GearBest directly but they're asking for to lot of stuff
                    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Tofi View Post

I can't seem to decompress that file. Do you have an updated link that you could send, if you don't mind. I've been in touch with GearBest directly but they're asking for to lot of stuff
                      Thank you
                      Hmm strange.

My upload speed is way too slow to re-upload it, it would literally take hours.

Just tell Gearbest that you want a backup image of the factory firmware, and if they could kindly ask the manufacturer Tanix for a copy.

They seem to have a generic response to every e-mail asking you a bunch of questions, but if you just tell them that (like I did) they will hopefully give you a fresh link.

Comment

I just did. Lets see how they respond. Thanks for the quick response.

Also, does it upgrade the Kodi install? I keep getting prompted to update to 17.6. I can't seem to install from the Play Store or slide from APK.
                        Last edited by Tofi; 12-30-2017, 04:00. Reason: Additional point

Comment

Isn't 'TV Center' installed by default? Anyway, I don't think I had any problem installing Kodi 17.6 from the Play store on the Gearbest firmware, or the original firmware. That's strange that you're not able to install it.

My only problem with either firmware, is the Play store itself does not seem to want to update, either automatically or by sideloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Tofi View Post

Thank you
                            It extracts fine with winrar maybe you have a corrupt download try to download it again.
                            i just flash it yesterday 2017201 with boot card maker everything went pretty smooth.

The odd thing is that why isnt this firmwares to tanix site

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post

It extracts fine with winrar maybe you have a corrupt download try to download it again.
                              i just flash it yesterday 2017201 with boot card maker everything went pretty smooth.

The odd thing is that why isnt this firmwares to tanix site
                              Thanks buddy. I was trying on Mac's and did a few times on multiple computers, multiple downloads but it wasn't working. Found a Windows computer after I read your message and it worked the first time
                              Now let me upgrade and then will try working on that Kodi update!!

Comment

I am glad that you short it out all the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X