No announcement yet.

Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After modding tons of Android phones I thought I'd be able to handle this but I fee like a n00b.
    I un-rar'd the file into an .IMG file. But TX92 needs a .ZIP, so i zip it up and selected and booted it. But it says its a corrupt file. Is there a special way to zip it?
    If there's a forum here I need to read up on this topic I'd love to get a link. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
      Isn't 'TV Center' installed by default? Anyway, I don't think I had any problem installing Kodi 17.6 from the Play store on the Gearbest firmware, or the original firmware. That's strange that you're not able to install it.

My only problem with either firmware, is the Play store itself does not seem to want to update, either automatically or by sideloading.
      Can u remind me what is the benefit from updating the Play store?
      Because it seems that everything is working fine as it is.

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

After modding tons of Android phones for years, I thought this would be easy, but I feel like such a n00b.
        I un-rar'd the file on the Windows computer, which resulted in a .IMG file. Ofcourse the TX92 didn't recognize it so I zipped it. But when it gets to boot with that file the box is saying its corrupted. Is there a special way this file needs to be zipped?
        Please let me know if there's a forum which deals (teaches) this concept and I'll gladly read up. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tofi View Post
          After modding tons of Android phones for years, I thought this would be easy, but I feel like such a n00b.
          I un-rar'd the file on the Windows computer, which resulted in a .IMG file. Ofcourse the TX92 didn't recognize it so I zipped it. But when it gets to boot with that file the box is saying its corrupted. Is there a special way this file needs to be zipped?
          Please let me know if there's a forum which deals (teaches) this concept and I'll gladly read up. Thanks
          You need USB Burning Tool, a USB type A M/M cable and a PC.

You install and open USB Burning Tool, load the .img file and click start.
          Then you plug one end of the USB cable in the PC, and while pushing and holding the reset button down (it's located in the little hole near the USB ports on the back), plug the other end of the USB cable into the bottom USB port on the TX92.

The flashing process should start and Windows should go through a series of beeps during the first ~4-7%. This is usually when I release the reset button. Not sure if that is necessary, but that's how I've done it and I've successfully flashed dozens of boxes.

You can get a USB cable cheap online. And you can get USB Burning Tool here: https://mega.nz/#!i8pxACKC!EIP9DucLY...7-j3r-NKDBEjFs

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post

Nothing really, would just be nice to have it automatically update so I don't run into any issues down the road, because I plan on keeping this box until it dies.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post

Nothing really, I just don't want to run into any potential issues down the road. I plan on using this box for a very long time.

You need USB Burning Tool, a USB Type A M/M cable and a PC to flash IMG files on these android boxes.

-Install USB Burning Tool and load the bare .img file by clicking File -> Load image.
            -Plug one end of the USB cable into your PC.
            -While pushing and holding down the reset button located in the tiny hole near the USB ports on the back, plug the other end of the USB cable into the bottom USB port.
            -You should hear a series of beeps in Windows and the flashing process should begin. Beeps should stop at around 5-7% I believe, and that's when I usually release the reset button.
            -Wait until it reaches 100% and it says it has successfully flashed, then click stop and remove the USB cable.

You can get a USB cable cheap online. And you can download USB Burning Tool here: https://mega.nz/#!i8pxACKC!EIP9DucLY...7-j3r-NKDBEjFs

The hole for the reset button is very small on the TX92. I usually use a toothpick on other boxes, but I had to use a sewing needle.

Comment

Thanks rahzel. I was able to download the USB tool and ordered the USB cable. Till I receive the cable I will try to figure if I can just zap it using ADB or something. Thanks for the hand-holding.

Comment

Thanks rahzel. I was able to download the USB tool and ordered the USB cable. Till I receive the cable I will try to figure if I can just zap it using ADB or something. Thanks for the hand-holding.
                No worries.

There IS a way to flash with SD Card when given an img file, but I have personally have not used this method. @aeolous said he/she successfully flashed it using this method a page back.

There's a tool called Burn Card Maker, which basically makes a bootable SD card and puts the firmware on it.
                I believe once you've put the firmware on an SD card using this tool, you plug the box in while at the same time holding the reset button. It should boot and automatically flash the firmware.

You can find Burn Card Maker here: https://mega.nz/#!SowFiSID!mEk8gp5qN...xYS5xviDNSUdE8

Comment

I have a few question I hope someone can Help me out with 1) How do I change the home screen Icon TX TV Center? I know the small icons change but how about the large ones? what will happen if I delete that app? Can I replace that icon with another app? 2) how do I remove the Battery Icon in the right hand corner? Is there a way to change the default speed test app? I use a speed test app it gives me a low speed, I use Chrome with any speed test, I get my full speed? Also on an older Lg TV both remotes work for each other and yet I can't turn that function off? It's fine for my 4k tv but not the older Lg.
                  Thank you all for your time
                  Last edited by VEGETA927; 01-04-2018, 05:59. Reason: Wanted to ask even more questions

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETA927 View Post
                    I have a few question I hope someone can Help me out with 1) How do I change the home screen Icon TX TV Center? I know the small icons change but how about the large ones? what will happen if I delete that app? Can I replace that icon with another app? 2) how do I remove the Battery Icon in the right hand corner? Is there a way to change the default speed test app? I use a speed test app it gives me a low speed, I use Chrome with any speed test, I get my full speed? Also on an older Lg TV both remotes work for each other and yet I can't turn that function off? It's fine for my 4k tv but not the older Lg.
                    Thank you all for your time
                    1. You can't change the TX TV Center icon or remap the button, but if you uninstall TV center and install Kodi, it will say TX Kodi instead of TX TV Center and the button will launch Kodi instead.
                    2. You can't remove the battery icon without modifying system settings AFAIK. This is out of my area of knowledge.
                    3. I don't think you can remap the speed test button to a different speed test, if that's what you're asking. Just install another one. Personally I use Ookla, as I also find that the pre-installed speed test gives me low numbers.

My older LG remote controls my box, too, and it's kind of annoying. Even with HDMI CEC off it still controls it. Enter scrolls between home, apps, settings. And the Menu button opens the Music app. Not a big deal, but again, kind of annoying. I dunno how to fix this; if you figure it out, let me know.

Comment

Thank you for the fast reply, I can only hope the company or Rom modders can fix and enhance this TV box, perhaps even a future Oreo update

Comment

Can anyone tell me if I can use this sound system for the tv box? https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...d-speaker-z506 I would have to have some way to connect the AUX 3.5 to the SPDIF is that even possible?

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETA927
                          Can anyone tell me if I can use this sound system for the tv box? https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...d-speaker-z506 I would have to have some way to connect the AUX 3.5 to the SPDIF is that even possible?
                          I used something like this with my 5.1 Logitech speakers.
                          https://www.****.co.uk/itm/SPDIF-Coa...sAAOSwT2daO34P

Works great.

Comment

Thanks Rastaviper I'll look for something like that on Amazon, for now because my 4k television has a headset input, I can use that with the sound system. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post
                              Can someone tell me how to block the annoying YouTube ads'? I installed xposed , installed YouTube ad blocker, I rebooted the tv box but the ads' still showing up.
                              What version of TX92 do you have? Firmware built version?
                              Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post
                                Can someone tell me please, is there any way to activate the internet connection after the tv box going to sleep?
                                When I'm turning off my tv the tv box also turning off but to sleep mode, the problem is that when I'm turning on the tv box the internet connection not working and I must reboot the box for making the internet working again.
                                Same question. Build version? And model of the box (3/32 3/64...)
                                Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Working...
                                X