Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samkatta View Post

Do you know how your Play Store got updated from the default version?
    on the this TX92 I updated it on the fly from Google store without a glitch (older version was auto replaced with newer). Latest Tanix firmware installed last month.

Comment

Hi, I downloaded the update 20171230. Says theres a "UPDATE APP" and I do not see this anywhere. I went into settings and the closest I found to this was under restore "Udisk Update" and that doesn't work either. What am I missing??? Thanks

Comment

Is there any way to make an app stick and to remain always active in the background?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello all! I was wondering if I could get your input/help. I just bought the Tanix X92. Upon starting the box I automatically went to pair my Rii 8 Bluetooth mini keyboard. The pairing was successful however I have no functionality of the keyboard at all?? I thought it may be a firmware issue so I updated the firmware to the 12/30 version posted on this thread. What else can I do??

Comment

After updating the firmware to 20171230, the "TV Center" app disappeared (the box where it appeared previously says "null"). Impossible to download Kodi -- from Google Play it tries to install and then gives an error (there is no problem installing other apps), and installing the apk from the kodi.tv site gives the error "app not installed, the package conflicts with an existing package by the same name" -- but neither "TV Center" nor Kodi appear to be installed (checking in Google Play store list of installed apps, as well as in the Apps section of the main TV Box settings menu). Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be overcome to install Kodi? Perhaps there are files remaining somewhere in some Android system folders from the original TV Center install that have to be removed? If so, I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide in locating and deleting them (not very experienced with Android)... Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by brycewaters10 View Post
              After updating the firmware to 20171230, the "TV Center" app disappeared (the box where it appeared previously says "null"). Impossible to download Kodi -- from Google Play it tries to install and then gives an error (there is no problem installing other apps), and installing the apk from the kodi.tv site gives the error "app not installed, the package conflicts with an existing package by the same name" -- but neither "TV Center" nor Kodi appear to be installed (checking in Google Play store list of installed apps, as well as in the Apps section of the main TV Box settings menu). Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be overcome to install Kodi? Perhaps there are files remaining somewhere in some Android system folders from the original TV Center install that have to be removed? If so, I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide in locating and deleting them (not very experienced with Android)... Thanks in advance!
              I have discussed about this issue some posts earlier.
              Have a look. Everything is working fine with Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post

I have discussed about this issue some posts earlier.
                Have a look. Everything is working fine with Kodi.
                Thanks RASTAVIPER, but I don't seem to find the post where you discussed this (I searched through this thread and didn't find anything)... Could you please elaborate and/or let me know which post number to look at? I just don't manage to install Kodi no matter what I try... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by brycewaters10 View Post

Thanks RASTAVIPER, but I don't seem to find the post where you discussed this (I searched through this thread and didn't find anything)... Could you please elaborate and/or let me know which post number to look at? I just don't manage to install Kodi no matter what I try... Thanks!
                  Check posts 277 onwards

Comment

Check posts 277 onwards
                    Thanks, I found the posts. I see that you had the same problem after updating the firmware. You later posted "So everything looks good so far with latest update. Youtube plays at 1080p, Kodi 17.6 was installed fine through Play store finally and no other issues" -- but unless I missed it, you didn't say how you achieved this. Someone had suggested doing a factory reset and then updating the firmware while erasing data -- is this what you did to get Kodi to install?

Comment

Originally posted by brycewaters10

Thanks, I found the posts. I see that you had the same problem after updating the firmware. You later posted "So everything looks good so far with latest update. Youtube plays at 1080p, Kodi 17.6 was installed fine through Play store finally and no other issues" -- but unless I missed it, you didn't say how you achieved this. Someone had suggested doing a factory reset and then updating the firmware while erasing data -- is this what you did to get Kodi to install?
                      No, just as I have written, I managed to install KODI normally through Play store.

In your case, have a search in root/system folder and check if there is any apk with similar name to the tv center. Then delete it.
                      Maybe it's interfering with the ability to install it from Play store

Comment

No, just as I have written, I managed to install KODI normally through Play store.

In your case, have a search in root/system folder and check if there is any apk with similar name to the tv center. Then delete it.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your patience, I'm quite new to Android... I did manage to do a search in all the root/system folders (using ES File Explorer), and found that in the system folder, there's a subfolder called xbmc_preinstall, which contains a zipped file (org.xbmc.kodi.zip) and an apk (TV-Center.apk). I don't know why they don't pre-install/load, but in any case, I tried deleting them -- but I got a message saying that they could not be deleted (I tried both the folder and the individual files). Do I need to do something in order to get "permission" to delete a system file (like the sudo command in unix)? Is there some other way of deleting these files? Since I couldn't delete them, I tried installing the TV-Center apk, but I ended up with the same error message as when I tried to install the kodi apk ("app not installed, the package conflicts with an existing package by the same name")... I then again tried (several times in a row) to install kodi from the Google Play store, but I just keep getting the error message every time... Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by EyyyBooB00
                          Hello all! I was wondering if I could get your input/help. I just bought the Tanix X92. Upon starting the box I automatically went to pair my Rii 8 Bluetooth mini keyboard. The pairing was successful however I have no functionality of the keyboard at all?? I thought it may be a firmware issue so I updated the firmware to the 12/30 version posted on this thread. What else can I do??
                          So after searching google I believe I may have found the solution to my problem but I don’t know how to complete the below task? Can someone help? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, so -- for anyone else experiencing the same problem -- I contacted Tanix about this on their Facebook page. They responded that they were indeed able to replicate the problem and are working on a new update to resolve it.

Comment

Originally posted by brycewaters10

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your patience, I'm quite new to Android... I did manage to do a search in all the root/system folders (using ES File Explorer), and found that in the system folder, there's a subfolder called xbmc_preinstall, which contains a zipped file (org.xbmc.kodi.zip) and an apk (TV-Center.apk). I don't know why they don't pre-install/load, but in any case, I tried deleting them -- but I got a message saying that they could not be deleted (I tried both the folder and the individual files). Do I need to do something in order to get "permission" to delete a system file (like the sudo command in unix)? Is there some other way of deleting these files? Since I couldn't delete them, I tried installing the TV-Center apk, but I ended up with the same error message as when I tried to install the kodi apk ("app not installed, the package conflicts with an existing package by the same name")... I then again tried (several times in a row) to install kodi from the Google Play store, but I just keep getting the error message every time... Any suggestions?
                              I am pretty sure that this is the problem.
                              You need to delete these files. I remember also that installing them didn't help.
                              If u can't Delete them, then your root rights are not active.
                              Try a different file explorer or try to check why root rights inside ES explorer are not active.

Also, check in apkmirror and download the latest Kodi apk. Check if u can install it manually.

Comment

I am pretty sure that this is the problem.
                                You need to delete these files. I remember also that installing them didn't help.
                                If u can't Delete them, then your root rights are not active.
                                Try a different file explorer or try to check why root rights inside ES explorer are not active.

Also, check in apkmirror and download the latest Kodi apk. Check if u can install it manually.

Thanks, but I had checked in the settings (under More / Advanced...) and it told me root WAS active. I also used Root Check, and it said it was rooted. I don't know how/where else to check this, or how to check if it's just ES explorer that doesn't get root access... Is there a way in Android of defining which apps get root access? Isn't it automatic if the device is rooted? And I already tried downloading the latest Kodi apk, wasn't able to install it manually...

Comment

Working...
                                X