Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brycewaters10

Thanks, but I had checked in the settings (under More / Advanced...) and it told me root WAS active. I also used Root Check, and it said it was rooted. I don't know how/where else to check this, or how to check if it's just ES explorer that doesn't get root access... Is there a way in Android of defining which apps get root access? Isn't it automatic if the device is rooted? And I already tried downloading the latest Kodi apk, wasn't able to install it manually...
    For sure you have root in your device.
    But Es explorer doesn't see it probably.
    Try with another file Explorer.
    Maybe root explorer. It's also very good.
    I am using Solid explorer. There is trial version for 14 days .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
      For sure you have root in your device.
      But Es explorer doesn't see it probably.
      Try with another file Explorer.
      Maybe root explorer. It's also very good.
      I am using Solid explorer. There is trial version for 14 days .

Thanks, that partially did the trick -- Solid Explorer allowed me to delete the files from /system. However, I was still unable to install Kodi after doing that... This is becoming very frustrating! The Tanix people suggested doing a factory reset, and said that it would not revert the hardware back to the original firmware, but should put TV Center back. I think I'll try that next...

Comment

Originally posted by brycewaters10

Thanks, that partially did the trick -- Solid Explorer allowed me to delete the files from /system. However, I was still unable to install Kodi after doing that... This is becoming very frustrating! The Tanix people suggested doing a factory reset, and said that it would not revert the hardware back to the original firmware, but should put TV Center back. I think I'll try that next...
        Factory reset will delete all your downloaded files and u have to setup all apps again.
        In my case it wasn't necessary as I managed to install it.

PS I noticed that the app's settings indicate that I have installed KODI through the apk of apkmirror. So maybe it's better to focus at this way of installing it.

Last edited by RASTAVIPER; 03-10-2018, 08:36.

Comment

Wow,.this thread is pretty much dead.

Anyone has any ideas about remote managing our boxes through another Android device?

Comment

Wow,.this thread is pretty much dead.

Anyone has any ideas about remote managing our boxes through another Android device?

I have several of these boxes and use Teamviewer. I can see all my android boxes, my PC, my laptop, other PCs. Works very well.

Comment

I want to buy a 3840 x 1080 monitor for one of these TX92 boxes. I have several. Does anyone know if this will work? The purpose is to use one side of the ultra wide screen for a Windows RDP session and the other side for android apps. The manufacturer at tanix-box.com does not reply to emails.

Comment

anyone know if Ugoos AM3 firmware works for this tv-box ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                  anyone know if Ugoos AM3 firmware works for this tv-box ?

Comment

thanks but i would like to know if it works for 3GB DDR4 version

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdivitt

I have several of these boxes and use Teamviewer. I can see all my android boxes, my PC, my laptop, other PCs. Works very well.
                      I know about teamviewer, but how do you handle the problem that Android terminates many apps after a while?
                      So if you try later to connect to the box, there is no teamviewer running and this can happen anytime I am outside of the house.

Comment

I know about teamviewer, but how do you handle the problem that Android terminates
                        Teamviewer has two programs; a host and a client The host runs all the time Set up a Teamviewer account, then use that for each host and client I connect to all my boxes and all show available all the time. If you have an auto start manager make sure Teamviewer host is allowed to run when the device boots

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

I have the Vorke Z6, which is virtually the same box, and just connected the audio cable and it work perfectly.

Mind you my cable is 3.5 mm to 2 RCA. which goes to a 2 to 1 RCA adapter and then the SPDIF in on my amplifier.

Setting is auto.
                          Just for confirmation.
                          You use one of this http://cat1.cdnaki.es/productos/_ima...z1200x1200.jpg
                          and one of this https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1bvB3K...as-RCA-add.jpg
                          ¿Or similar?
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdivitt

Teamviewer has two programs; a host and a client The host runs all the time Set up a Teamviewer account, then use that for each host and client I connect to all my boxes and all show available all the time. If you have an auto start manager make sure Teamviewer host is allowed to run when the device boots
                            I run the quick support teamviewer at my tv box and as I have mentioned already, it gets terminated or goes offline after a while.
                            I have also used the option to add it to the stock autolaunch list and didn't change anything.

That's I am asking you if you have done it yourself.
                            In theory sounds fine,.but in practise it doesn't work.

Comment

I run the quick support teamviewer at my tv box and as I have mentioned
                              Don't use quick support. Use "Teamviewer" and "Teamviewer Host".

When run on my ASUS Zenfone 5.7, yes, Teamviewer Host does become inactive after a time. I haven't pursued trying to resolve that. But for the TX92 TV PC, which this thread is about, the app has never gone inactive.

Comment

So you have tried yourself with the Teamviewer host installed at the TX92 and you had managed to remote control the box from your mobile?

And this solution worked again and again, with the app staying active?

Comment

Working...
                                X