No announcement yet.

Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this solution worked again and again, with the app staying active?
    Correct, I've never had an issue with any TX92, which I have several, or previous TV PCs by other manufacturers.

Comment

For anyone who saw the problems I was having earlier on in this thread, I finally managed to get Kodi installed on my TX92 -- the only solution that worked in the end was to reset the box to factory defaults (which wasn't really a problem for me since I didn't have much installed on it yet, although I realize that for some it may not be an ideal solution). That allowed me to retain the upgraded firmware (it didn't revert to the original firmware) but did NOT put TV Center back, although it did allow me to download and install Kodi from Google Play (which I was unable to do before the reset)...

HOWEVER, I'm having trouble watching videos smoothly... On my previous, older Android box (RK3368 octa-core 2 GB/16 GB with Android 5.1 Lollipop), using MX Player, all videos played smoothly. On the TX92, with its newer version of Android and better specs (I've got the 3 GB/32 GB version), whether I use Kodi or MX Player, video playback is choppy/stuttery (both video and sound) -- this happens with all video types I've tried: .mp4, .mkv, .avi. I'm playing videos stored on an external hard drive connected to my router via a USB cable (that way I can easily add/remove videos from my laptop via my home WiFi network), and the TX92 is connected to the same router via ethernet cable (so the TX92 doesn't rely on WiFi for access to the video files or internet). This setup worked fine with my old android box, and it DOES work with the TX92, just not smoothly... So I'm thinking it's likely a question of settings. Perhaps there are some settings I should be changing (or add-ons downloading?) to make videos play more smoothly on the TX92? Anyone have any ideas? The box is pretty much useless to me like this... Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this

Comment

Originally posted by brycewaters10
        For anyone who saw the problems I was having earlier on in this thread, I finally managed to get Kodi installed on my TX92 -- the only solution that worked in the end was to reset the box to factory defaults (which wasn't really a problem for me since I didn't have much installed on it yet, although I realize that for some it may not be an ideal solution). That allowed me to retain the upgraded firmware (it didn't revert to the original firmware) but did NOT put TV Center back, although it did allow me to download and install Kodi from Google Play (which I was unable to do before the reset)...

HOWEVER, I'm having trouble watching videos smoothly... On my previous, older Android box (RK3368 octa-core 2 GB/16 GB with Android 5.1 Lollipop), using MX Player, all videos played smoothly. On the TX92, with its newer version of Android and better specs (I've got the 3 GB/32 GB version), whether I use Kodi or MX Player, video playback is choppy/stuttery (both video and sound) -- this happens with all video types I've tried: .mp4, .mkv, .avi. I'm playing videos stored on an external hard drive connected to my router via a USB cable (that way I can easily add/remove videos from my laptop via my home WiFi network), and the TX92 is connected to the same router via ethernet cable (so the TX92 doesn't rely on WiFi for access to the video files or internet). This setup worked fine with my old android box, and it DOES work with the TX92, just not smoothly... So I'm thinking it's likely a question of settings. Perhaps there are some settings I should be changing (or add-ons downloading?) to make videos play more smoothly on the TX92? Anyone have any ideas? The box is pretty much useless to me like this... Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this
        I have played BR rips at KODI through an external hard drive, WITHOUT any lags/problems.
        But with the disk connected directly to the box.
        Why won't you try like this first, before you check and settings?

The box itself is perfectly capable of playing any sort of videos.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
          I have played BR rips at KODI through an external hard drive, WITHOUT any lags/problems.
          But with the disk connected directly to the box.
          Why won't you try like this first, before you check and settings?

The box itself is perfectly capable of playing any sort of videos.

Thanks, I'll try like that to check, but I don't want that to be my default setup, as that would require disconnecting the drive, connecting it to my computer, copying new files over, and reconnecting to the box every time I want to add or remove a video file... I just don't understand why under the exact same conditions, my old box played videos fine and this new, supposedly better box, plays them so poorly...

Comment

Thanks, I'll try like that to check, but I don't want that to be my default setup, as that would require disconnecting the drive, connecting it to my computer, copying new files over, and reconnecting to the box every time I want to add or remove a video file... I just don't understand why under the exact same conditions, my old box played videos fine and this new, supposedly better box, plays them so poorly...
            Why do you need exactly to connect the drive to your computer, just to add files?
            The tv box is also like a computer. You can also download any sort of files through that directly at your drive.

If the playback is still problematic after you connect your drive to the box, then it means that there is something wrong with your setup.
            There are absolutely no issues with any videos or other tasks that I have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by brycewaters10 View Post

I have six TX92 boxes. You should install "system app remover pro" from the playstore, uninstall the Kodi that came with the box, then download and install the current version. Before uninstalling, rename the folder /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi to org.xbmc.kodi_save. After installing the new version, run it once so it creates the data folder, reboot, delete the data folder, then rename the original back to what it was.

I have noticed video stopping. This is resolved by using a different provider. Sometimes several must be tried.

Comment

Why do you need exactly to connect the drive to your computer, just to add files?
                The tv box is also like a computer. You can also download any sort of files through that directly at your drive.

If the playback is still problematic after you connect your drive to the box, then it means that there is something wrong with your setup.
                There are absolutely no issues with any videos or other tasks that I have tried.

Yes, I'm constantly adding or removing video files from the drive, so I don't want to have to disconnect it from the box, connect to my computer, add/remove, then reconnect to the box every time I do this. When it's connected to my router, I just connect to the drive via WiFi from my laptop and do whatever I want, it works great. I realize I can download things on the box, but that would be MUCH less practical -- I have my computer set up to auto-download shows I want to watch, etc., and do all the organizing there. This would be much more complicated on the box, with the TV set as a monitor and without a real keyboard (we really just use the box to watch videos). So I'm dependent on my laptop-based setup, and just want to use the box to watch videos I transfer over to the router-connected hard drive.

I realize something must be wrong with the setup, as it's not logical that a lesser android box plays videos smoothly (for the most part), whereas this "supercharged" box stutters along with most video files... I just don't know what can be wrong with it, the box is brand new, and even after a factory reset. Other than the video playback, the box seems to work fine and smoothly, and all the benchmark tests seem to show normal results (as far as I can tell).

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdivitt View Post

I have six TX92 boxes. You should install "system app remover pro" from the playstore, uninstall the Kodi that came with the box, then download and install the current version. Before uninstalling, rename the folder /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi to org.xbmc.kodi_save. After installing the new version, run it once so it creates the data folder, reboot, delete the data folder, then rename the original back to what it was.

I have noticed video stopping. This is resolved by using a different provider. Sometimes several must be tried.
                  Thanks for the input. Kodi was already completely removed from the box, and the one on there now is the most recent version downloaded directly from Google Play. I didn't play around in the system folders, but I'll try starting from scratch, as you describe (with the renaming of the data folder etc.). I don't think I need to rename/restore the data folder, since I don't really have any data in Kodi yet, other than some settings changes I played around with -- so I'll just delete the data folder and let the newly downloaded Kodi create a new one and use that one. Hopefully that will help.

But that doesn't explain why MX player ALSO stutters with video files that worked fine on MX player on my old box...

And what do you mean by "resolved by using a different provider"? I'm not talking about videos that I stream from the internet -- I'm talking about locally-stored video files (mostly .mkv or .mp4) stored on a hard drive, and just using Kodi or MX Player to play back those files... This setup worked fine on my old android box (for MX Player at least -- I never tried Kodi with it).

Comment

Yes, I'm constantly adding or removing video files from the drive, so I don't want to have to disconnect it from the box, connect to my computer, add/remove, then reconnect to the box every time I do this. When it's connected to my router, I just connect to the drive via WiFi from my laptop and do whatever I want, it works great. I realize I can download things on the box, but that would be MUCH less practical -- I have my computer set up to auto-download shows I want to watch, etc., and do all the organizing there. This would be much more complicated on the box, with the TV set as a monitor and without a real keyboard (we really just use the box to watch videos). So I'm dependent on my laptop-based setup, and just want to use the box to watch videos I transfer over to the router-connected hard drive.

I realize something must be wrong with the setup, as it's not logical that a lesser android box plays videos smoothly (for the most part), whereas this "supercharged" box stutters along with most video files... I just don't know what can be wrong with it, the box is brand new, and even after a factory reset. Other than the video playback, the box seems to work fine and smoothly, and all the benchmark tests seem to show normal results (as far as I can tell).
                    Why you are still downloading videos in 2018???
                    Don't u stream series/movies??
                    Why did u get a tv box, if u still download videos through a pc?

Comment

Why you are still downloading videos in 2018???
                      Don't u stream series/movies??
                      Why did u get a tv box, if u still download videos through a pc?

There's really no need to berate me... And yes, as it happens, I both stream and download, depending on the circumstances (I have my reasons, although I didn't realize I needed to justify myself when all I was looking for was a solution to a technical problem). In any case, I asked how to solve a specific problem, not to get lectured on how to "properly" watch videos. If you don't have a solution, that's fine, but no need to put me down for the way I need (or choose!) to deal with my video files.

Comment

There's really no need to berate me... And yes, as it happens, I both stream and download, depending on the circumstances (I have my reasons, although I didn't realize I needed to justify myself when all I was looking for was a solution to a technical problem). In any case, I asked how to solve a specific problem, not to get lectured on how to "properly" watch videos. If you don't have a solution, that's fine, but no need to put me down for the way I need (or choose!) to deal with my video files.
                        This wasn't my intention.
                        Actually I wanted to propose/mention that there are better and easier methods to watch videos.

But,hey if you enjoy going oldskool, it's your time.

Comment

I also do both.

Shrug

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdivitt

Don't use quick support. Use "Teamviewer" and "Teamviewer Host".

When run on my ASUS Zenfone 5.7, yes, Teamviewer Host does become inactive after a time. I haven't pursued trying to resolve that. But for the TX92 TV PC, which this thread is about, the app has never gone inactive.
                            Just wanted to confirm that your proposal worked and now I can enjoy activating music while still sitting at another room or perform other tasks when I am outside.
                            Thanks for your advice!!

This machine is really awesome. Best buy at 55�. If only Netflix could have HD streaming, it would be fantastic.

Now, I think my next project will be finding a way of using voice recognition for several tasks, through maybe the Google home device or something.
                            I don't know if anyone had such experience.

Comment

Yesterday I was testing the digital audio output.
                              I connect a Jack stereo to RCA (white and red) and then I connect a Y of 2 RCA to 1 RCA and I start to receive the audio signal to my device but I can't receive Dolby audio, just stereo (PCM) over the digital output.
                              Even I test with Dolby and DTS video Test.
                              What I miss?
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hewell View Post
                                Yesterday I was testing the digital audio output.
                                I connect a Jack stereo to RCA (white and red) and then I connect a Y of 2 RCA to 1 RCA and I start to receive the audio signal to my device but I can't receive Dolby audio, just stereo (PCM) over the digital output.
                                Even I test with Dolby and DTS video Test.
                                What I miss?
                                Thanks
                                What sort of test did u try?

Comment

Working...
                                X