No announcement yet.

Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the only way is to wake it up with the original remote, by pressing the power button.

The most strange thing is that I can't stop the box from going to sleep. All settings are like before and still it goes to sleep. Can't understand why before this wasn't happening.

Also, after waking up from sleep, the cpu freq stays maxed at 1512mhz, which causes freezes at video streaming.
    Only solution to solve is through reboot.
    Any ideas?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 2gb version of this TV box, I have been using this box off and on since it has come out, This box was shipped with errors, defective heat sink and just over all a waste of time and money, I will never buy anything again from this company. I have an older Yundoo Y2 and it works perfect, I have an older Tronsmart TV box and it works perfect. Tanix TX92 the box shuts down all the time randomly, over heats cant change the large tiles and the company more then likely will never have an update for my 2gb version that fixes all the problems with this waste of time box. DON'T BUY THIS TV BOX! These things are supposed to help remove stress not cause it.

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETA927 View Post
        I have the 2gb version of this TV box, I have been using this box off and on since it has come out, This box was shipped with errors, defective heat sink and just over all a waste of time and money, I will never buy anything again from this company. I have an older Yundoo Y2 and it works perfect, I have an older Tronsmart TV box and it works perfect. Tanix TX92 the box shuts down all the time randomly, over heats cant change the large tiles and the company more then likely will never have an update for my 2gb version that fixes all the problems with this waste of time box. DON'T BUY THIS TV BOX! These things are supposed to help remove stress not cause it.
        Same f###ing Problem. I have the 3GB/32GB version. And it works like a 1 gb quad core box. What a joke! Also, Everytime I shut down the box using air mouse it restarts. Everytime. I have to use the physical button to shut down the box and even that some times doesn't work.

I'm running the April 2018 firmware (firmware version 20180410) that came with the box. What firmware are you running? Did you update the firmware?
        Last edited by maga_man; 05-30-2018, 21:46.

Comment

Hi, did anyone got Steam Link to work with TX92?

I'm running the April 2018 firmware (firmware version 20180410) that came with the box and Steam Link didn't work.

As soon as big picture mode starts on my PC my TV Box shows black screen and crashes. The app doesn't crash just the big picture mode quits..

It works fine on my phone though. Any solution?

Comment

My firmware says May even though it shows 2017 08 30? 20170830, yes I have mouse issues with this TV box, Bluetooth Mouse, any mouse its all the same issues some times the box loads up and it works and other times it doesn't. I was just using the Box last night and when I started it up NO SOUND! tried playing anything with sound, system settings nothing worked, I ended up doing a restart on the TV BOX and it fixed the sound issue. Tanix should be giving out full refunds for the people that bought this broken TV box, either that or give us a different working model, sadly Tanix more then likely has no properly working TV box based on this TX92. Sorry I have no information on Steam Link except get the new update Current Version 1.1.4 By the looks of Steam link, it will continue to have many updates to come, so possibly future updates will fix the issues. Tanix TX92 of course more then likely will be a permanent problem. What's New Steam link 1.1.4 from May 30th 2018

* Fixed launching on Intel CPU based Android devices
            * Fixed black screen when streaming from iGPU computers (requires Steam beta client)
            * Fixed crash when streaming stops when using a Steam Controller on some devices
            * Added mouse support on Android TV
            * Added custom controller tips depending on what buttons are mapped

Comment

I have the latest firmware of TX92...

Version 20180526 (BETA but stable):
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQrGi-ZrLyetg3UVmso1jAvnvIfNoYId/view

​​​​​

I'm a noob, I don't know how to use it but y'all can try and let us know. It was provided by the official Facebook page of Tanix.

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETA927 View Post
                Sorry I have no information on Steam Link except get the new update Current Version 1.1.4 By the looks of Steam link, it will continue to have many updates to come, so possibly future updates will fix the issues.
                Thanks, steam link works now.

​​​

Comment

Please help!!! My TX92 is bricked. It doesn't start. No lcd display. Please help!!

I updated with the firmware tanix facebook page gave me.

There was no power interruptions during the firmware update process!!

This is the firmware.
                  20180526 (BETA but stable): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQr...nvIfNoYId/view

I put the .zip file in USB drive and opened update&backup app then selected the .zip file and pressed update.

It then restarted and showed that it is updating. After it finished updating it restarted again and there was no display. The lcd display on the box is not showing anything and nothing is happening. Please help!!

UPDATE: SOLVED!! I MANAGED TO UNBRICK THE DEVICE. THANKS TO THE POST BELOW!

Some minor things I did:
                  Since I run Windows 10, USB burning tool didn't work at first. Then I changed the compatibility to Windows 7 and finally it worked. Also, I used the same Vorke Z6 Plus Firmware linked in the post. I tried with Tanix TX92 firmware given by their official website but it didn't work.

My box had many problems with my box with the original firmware (20180410) that came with the box. After using the Vorke firmware it's runs flawlessly.
                  So many thanks to Sol-geek-newbie for saving my box/life!
                  Last edited by maga_man; 06-02-2018, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by maga_man View Post
                    Please help!!! My TX92 is bricked. It doesn't start. No lcd display. Please help!!

I updated with the firmware tanix facebook page gave me.

There was no power interruptions during the firmware update process!!

This is the firmware.
                    20180526 (BETA but stable): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQr...nvIfNoYId/view

I put the .zip file in USB drive and opened update&backup app then selected the .zip file and pressed update.

It then restarted and showed that it is updating. After it finished updating it restarted again and there was no display. The lcd display on the box is not showing anything and nothing is happening. Please help!!
                    looks like this firmware was for 2GB version

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

looks like this firmware was for 2GB version
                      Now what should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by maga_man

Same f###ing Problem. I have the 3GB/32GB version. And it works like a 1 gb quad core box. What a joke! Also, Everytime I shut down the box using air mouse it restarts. Everytime. I have to use the physical button to shut down the box and even that some times doesn't work.

I'm running the April 2018 firmware (firmware version 20180410) that came with the box. What firmware are you running? Did you update the firmware?
                        Never had any of the issues that you are mentioning with my 3/32gb.
                        And I never turn it off.
                        I have tried 2-3 air mouses with no issues.
                        December 2017 firmware

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

RASTAVIPER, I am happy that your TV box works sadly the majority of people buying any Tanix TV boxes have issues, Just go check on there Facebook page, every one of there TV boxes is shipped with errors and constant issues/Headaches. Go check gearbest and see how it has great reviews yet in the cons section people list the problems, problems that aren't being fixed at all YOUTUBE Tanix problems and you will see for yourself the company is 100% shipping defective products but again I am happy you have a perfectly working TV box I and the rest of the people in this thread with issues want one too. They built your TV box perfect, they just chose to not build the other million TV boxes perfect, get a new firmware that might fix a couple issues only to have new issues come up lol. Its not just Tanix its also the Vorke box that also has issues and again is built by Tanix

Tanix Box 4 months ago

Correction, Tanix is the original manufacturer. of the Vorke Z6 TV Box.

Tanix on youtube posted they are the original Manufacturer for the Vorke TV box.

In the end I truly hope Tanix fixes the issues, as I would love to have a working TV box like you RASTAVIPER.
                          Last edited by VEGETA927; 06-02-2018, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by maga_man View Post
                            UPDATE: SOLVED!! I MANAGED TO UNBRICK THE DEVICE. THANKS TO THE POST BELOW!

Some minor things I did:
                            Since I run Windows 10, USB burning tool didn't work at first. Then I changed the compatibility to Windows 7 and finally it worked. Also, I used the same Vorke Z6 Plus Firmware linked in the post. I tried with Tanix TX92 firmware given by their official website but it didn't work.

My box had many problems with my box with the original firmware (20180410) that came with the box. After using the Vorke firmware it's runs flawlessly.
                            So many thanks to Sol-geek-newbie for saving my box/life!

Comment

Maga_man, IAM very happy that you were able to get your TV box working, that's great news, Tanix as a company isn't off the hook for there lack of professionalism. I would love to see a fix for the 2gb version.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

I notice that Vorke has a sticker TX92 A on the pcb, while Tanix has the sticker TX92 B.

I assume the letter determines the grade of the components.

Anyway, any further news/experience on either the Vorke or the Tanix?

I was ready to place an order this morning for the Magicsee Iron+ when I stumbled on this box, and which looks interesting to me, if the quality and firmware is performing well.
                                Hello Everyone,

I have patiently read all posts in this persistent 27-page thread, found two posts have never been answered. This is the first post and it's similar to my question. It will be greatly appreciated if you could kindly give me any advises about the build versions of Tanix TX92.

I've received today my Tanix TX92 3G/32G, which the vendor insisted it is a DDR4 version. So upon Inpection of the contents i noticed a label affixed underneath the tv box Says "TX92-LP". Do you have any Idea about the differences of build versions "TX92-A", "TX 92-B" & "TX92-LP" ?

And Tanix customer contact doesn't reply to my email inquiries, other than an auto reply email.

THANKS

Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X