Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastobadness View Post
    Yeah I am on v69 also. Just out of curiosity, have you tried clearing Chrome's data/cache and tried installing the Chrome beta to see if that has the same issue?
    Haven't tried the beta but I have tried clearing data. Have even tried uninstalling/disabling and reinstalling the update.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
      Has anyone tried any other ROMs or firmwares for this box? Specifically the 3GB DDR4 version.

Chrome is kind of buggy with the tanix firmware. And since Magendanz firmware is based on the vorke/tanix firmware, it also suffers from the same issues.

The issues I'm having are that I can no longer type in the search bar at the top of chrome and click on a saved search/url. I click it and it does nothing. My other android boxes running 7.1 don't experience this issue.
      I have no such issue with stock firmware at 3Gb version.
      Maybe try clear app's cache and even uninstall and reinstall it.

Or try another browser.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Clearing data doesn't work. If I uninstall the updates and revert back to the old chrome that came pre-installed then it works fine. Ever since v69 search bar doesn't work for me. Must be other apps that I'm using that are interfering, but I'm not using anything crazy... I barely have anything installed on this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
          Clearing data doesn't work. If I uninstall the updates and revert back to the old chrome that came pre-installed then it works fine. Ever since v69 search bar doesn't work for me. Must be other apps that I'm using that are interfering, but I'm not using anything crazy... I barely have anything installed on this thing.
          If u have an airmouse with arrows/keys, then maybe try to select the right option with the down button and hit enter.

Comment

here is Open GL 3.2 driver update https://1fichier.com/?mt0nykj8sy5hdjqf88cf

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
              here is Open GL 3.2 driver update https://1fichier.com/?mt0nykj8sy5hdjqf88cf
              That driver update is very helpful, thanks for posting it. I wonder if the person who created it updates it at all? It's probably one of the only ways to keep the Vorke Z6 current as the firmwares don't come out quickly or at all.

Comment

Can the update be applied to any S912 box? Even S905w?

Comment

Hi guys,
                  I read all the pages on this topic, but still have one question. How does 2GB / 16 GB variant of this box perform? Is there a stock FW available for it? Is there any custom FW available for it? I tried to find any answer on the Internet, but seems like it's not popular at all. There's no FW on the Tanix site.
                  I'm asking because I have a chance to buy one of these.
                  Thanks,
                  Ivan

Comment

Originally posted by ivanvi View Post
                    Hi guys,
                    I read all the pages on this topic, but still have one question. How does 2GB / 16 GB variant of this box perform? Is there a stock FW available for it? Is there any custom FW available for it? I tried to find any answer on the Internet, but seems like it's not popular at all. There's no FW on the Tanix site.
                    I'm asking because I have a chance to buy one of these.
                    Thanks,
                    Ivan
                    There is a popular forum in Russian that has a huge discussion on the Vorke Z6 and Tanix TX-92 models (including the 2/16 model you're interested in). They have custom firmware on that site. I don't speak Russian myself, so I use Google translate. Anyway, you might find answers that you're looking for on that site. I'll post the link here, I trust that's allowed by the moderators:

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

There is a popular forum in Russian that has a huge discussion on the Vorke Z6 and Tanix TX-92 models (including the 2/16 model you're interested in). They have custom firmware on that site. I don't speak Russian myself, so I use Google translate. Anyway, you might find answers that you're looking for on that site. I'll post the link here, I trust that's allowed by the moderators:
                      https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=882984

Thanks Venusflytrap!

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap

That driver update is very helpful, thanks for posting it. I wonder if the person who created it updates it at all? It's probably one of the only ways to keep the Vorke Z6 current as the firmwares don't come out quickly or at all.
                        Why is so helpful?
                        What exactly problems does it solve?

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                          Why is so helpful?
                          What exactly problems does it solve?

An exact problem it solves: The driver update is necessary to run the Refinery 3D scene in the Antutu benchmark. Without it, it won't work.

​​​​​​The helpfulness of the OpenGl ES 3.2 drivers and expansion pack are well described on Wikipedia. Graphic acceleration and abilities are improved for games and video rendering over the older 3.0 version.
                          Last edited by Venusflytrap; 10-31-2018, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap

An exact problem it solves: The driver update is necessary to run the Refinery 3D scene in the Antutu benchmark. Without it, it won't work.

​​​​​​The helpfulness of the OpenGl ES 3.2 drivers and expansion pack are well described on Wikipedia. Graphic acceleration and abilities are improved for games and video rendering over the older 3.0 version.
                            So for Kodi and other video streaming services it's not necessary.
                            Antutu is not really a daily app, is it?

More useful would be a security patch I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                              So for Kodi and other video streaming services it's not necessary.
                              Antutu is not really a daily app, is it?

More useful would be a security patch I guess.

Do some games benefit from it?
                              A security update patch could be very helpful. If only Tanix/Vorke provided such updates.

Comment

Edit:
                                sorry, question canceled
                                Last edited by m28ew; 12-06-2018, 08:56. Reason: issue solved

Comment

Working...
                                X