Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales

Why would he try an optical cable if there is no optical out on the box?

SatElit You need a adapter 2 RCA to 1 RCA.
    This box has spdif.

Also the standard analog RCA cable can't pass 5.1 if it's needed.

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post

This box has spdif.
      https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-u...IF-connection-

Also the standard analog RCA cable can't pass 5.1 if it's needed.
      https://www.techwalla.com/articles/c...e-vs-rca-cable

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can-...-cable.132801/

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy(1) Gamer 5.1 HT system: Yamaha HTR-5730 receiver w/ Athena Micra 6 speakers I can see the "digital out" on the back of my sound card, but it's a mini (3.5mm?) jack, not coaxial or optical like MOST digital outputs... Now, I hear you can use a simple...

I learned a LOT about RCA cables since I posted this topic, most of it really suprised me too. I was a little confused earlier about what exactly an RCA cable is. I thought the single prong RCA cables and the 2/3 prong analog/composite video cables were totally different connections, but they're all the same thing with MAYBE slight differences (like the ohm).

Anyway, I tested about 3 different RCA cables running from the digital out on my sound card (with a mini-jack to RCA adapter) to the coaxial digital input on my receiver, and they ALL gave me 5.1 digital sound! Now, supposedly, while all RCA cables should work, you may not be getting all the frequencies from lower quality ones. It's safest to go with a 75 ohm RCA, which coaxial and composite video cables are by default (like what phsstpok wrote).

Last edited by Jancales; 11-14-2017, 12:11. Reason: added another link

Comment

Hmm I started to have some issues with the box.

No problems during Kodi, but while I was installing a game and also during a miracast pairing, I got both times a total freeze of the box.
        Only to restart was to take out the power from behind.

Doesn't look so promising.

Comment

It's obvious that they don't know what they are talking about.

I brought the same issue to them here in their dedicated topic and they said they will check it.

I don’t doubt you. I’m still thinking about the Tanix TX92 or the Vorke Z6. It will probably take at least 10 days to arrive from Gearbest or Geekbuying.

Comment

My observation: There are subtle differences. Tanix TX92 - wifi Q9377. Vorke Z6 - not specified (could be AP6330). Vorke usually includes the airmouse. Not sure if this is standard on Tanix. They differ from the H96 pro plus in that there is no 3.5mm audio jack. This could explain the audio issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mslim View Post
              My observation: There are subtle differences. Tanix TX92 - wifi Q9377. Vorke Z6 - not specified (could be AP6330). Vorke usually includes the airmouse. Not sure if this is standard on Tanix. They differ from the H96 pro plus in that there is no 3.5mm audio jack. This could explain the audio issues.

Thanks for your reply. Is there an advantage to having one of those WiFi chipsets over the other? I’ve never seen any of these boxes come standard with an air mouse; just a standard remote that is not mouse-capable.

Comment

I'm not sure about the differences in wifi chips but I'd be careful not to use those specified for 9377 on 6330. I'm still waiting for my queries to be answered re: SC's firmware with regards to this.

Comment

I have use single RCA cable to connect my DVD spdif to my receiver and its always work for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Why would he try an optical cable if there is no optical out on the box?

SatElit You need a adapter 2 RCA to 1 RCA.
                    is it a must to joint 2 RCA into 1 rca to have 5.1 audio? i have try both end of the RCA cable to my receiver spdif with same result but not yet try to use adapter 2 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by SatElit View Post

is it a must to joint 2 RCA into 1 rca to have 5.1 audio? i have try both end of the RCA cable to my receiver spdif with same result but not yet try to use adapter 2 to 1
                      Not sure if it is a must, but if you read the links in my earlier post you will notice that 75 ohm is a requirement, and for that it is recommended to use the video cable ( yellow plug).

Are you also sure that your file is 5.1 and that the settings in the box or media player you use are correct?

Comment

Originally posted by kmal808 View Post

Thanks. Any preference between the two? I’m not seeing much if any difference.
                        which did you decide to go with?

Comment

Regarding the Spdif,

Out of curiosity, why you didn't try with a cable like the one I posted a bit earlier?

I saw some pictures above but not sure which one you're mentioning ?

Temporary i'm using a bluetooth sound usb to connect with my sound system. And it works quite well with much better sound quality, compare to wired HDMI to TV - then 3.5mm from TV to sound system.
                          Something like this.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQPo2PgAZFrClu-Ku9rWkJ7ugIFgX26vPsV80YXW0LdtQHQhIlNw.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	685709

Comment

I'm thinking that I have a problem with the LAN connection on this tanix tv box.
                            when I connect it to LAN the internet speed is very low, if I switch to Wifi it's better, not the best but mouch more fast, how can I now if the problem is with the tv box and not on the router?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Not sure if it is a must, but if you read the links in my earlier post you will notice that 75 ohm is a requirement, and for that it is recommended to use the video cable ( yellow plug).

Are you also sure that your file is 5.1 and that the settings in the box or media player you use are correct?
                              indeed i use yellow RCA for connection from DVD spdif to receiver. I am sure my video file have 5.1 audio as i usualy play it with USB drive hooked to TV and use optical out from TV to receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77
                                I'm thinking that I have a problem with the LAN connection on this tanix tv box.
                                when I connect it to LAN the internet speed is very low, if I switch to Wifi it's better, not the best but mouch more fast, how can I now if the problem is with the tv box and not on the router?
                                How do you judge your speed if it's good or not?
                                Personally I use the speed test app from Play store, but I also check the downloading speed from my torrent client.

In both cases, I can easily reach the maximum, so I can say that my Lan is working great.
                                I.rarely use the Wifi of the box.

Comment

Working...
                                X