Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 45Wheelgun View Post
    Tried it for you and it didn't install. I've never used it so I did go any further then the screen below. If there are things to be done to make it work, let me know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Did you install the right file?

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER
      Probably not! I'll give that a try.

Comment

Amazing how easy it is when you have the correct file.

Is this what you were looking for?

Comment

At least it plays a sample length flawlessly.

Comment

I got my 3/32, 2 weeks ago if you have any questions.

Hi. I saw a previous comment asking if it plays Netflix in 720p and/or 1080p. I thought it will only play Netflix in 480p, since the majority of these boxes don’t have the licenses to play Netflix and other similar apps in high def. $55.99 for the 3/32 model seems like a good deal. Am I able to Airplay Netflix in HD from an iPad to this box? From what I’ve seen, it has a pre-loaded app called AirScreen, but I’ve never used it.
            Thank you for taking some time to answer questions.

Comment

Originally posted by 45Wheelgun

Yeah!!
              Amazing! So now ads can be blocked, change privacy settings, block wakelocks, change status icons and perform many system tweaks!

Great news, thanks!

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

Originally posted by TC76
                Hi. I saw a previous comment asking if it plays Netflix in 720p and/or 1080p. I thought it will only play Netflix in 480p, since the majority of these boxes don�t have the licenses to play Netflix and other similar apps in high def. $55.99 for the 3/32 model seems like a good deal. Am I able to Airplay Netflix in HD from an iPad to this box? From what I�ve seen, it has a pre-loaded app called AirScreen, but I�ve never used it.
                Thank you for taking some time to answer questions.
                In one of my responses I conflated YouTube and Netflix. With my setup the TX92 seems to upscale all video to 4k, or at least that's what my LG reports.

I have searched through all of the settings trying to see what exactly is going on with it. My other box is a gen2 FireTV box which is not upscaling the content. When I "a/b" the two boxes, the upscaled feed really looks better so I'm not sure I'd turn it off if I could.

I can use "stats for geeks" in YouTube to verify that it is being fed 1080p even though my TV reports it is receiving a 4k signal/feed.

The setup routine of the TX92 correctly identifies the 4k2k 60hz HDR capability of the 65C6P (check box for resolution and seperate box for HDR) and also checks a box "automatic best resolution". If you uncheck that box it will lock into whatever resolution you tell it.

So all that to say, I'm sure you are correct about the 480p Netflix, but my LG thinks it's a 4k feed (I do pay for 4k Netflix). I should have known better because while it said 4k, Marco Polo didn't show as HDR content.

There is also a switch that upscales all content to HDR. At least based on how I have my TV setup, that option is "to much" for my eyes, so I have it turned off.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Comment

At least it plays a sample length flawlessly.

The full length movie did arrive intact and played perfectly and looked fantastic.

Comment

So how about some ideas/help getting TWRP loaded into recovery so I can get a verifiable nandroid backup and start playing with some custom ROMs?

Comment

So how about some ideas/help getting TWRP loaded into recovery so I can get a verifiable nandroid backup and start playing with some custom ROMs?

Well, your best bet would be to check the H96+pro section.

Sent from mTalk

Comment

In one of my responses I conflated YouTube and Netflix. With my setup the TX92 seems to upscale all video to 4k, or at least that's what my LG reports.

I have searched through all of the settings trying to see what exactly is going on with it. My other box is a gen2 FireTV box which is not upscaling the content. When I "a/b" the two boxes, the upscaled feed really looks better so I'm not sure I'd turn it off if I could.

I can use "stats for geeks" in YouTube to verify that it is being fed 1080p even though my TV reports it is receiving a 4k signal/feed.

The setup routine of the TX92 correctly identifies the 4k2k 60hz HDR capability of the 65C6P (check box for resolution and seperate box for HDR) and also checks a box "automatic best resolution". If you uncheck that box it will lock into whatever resolution you tell it.

So all that to say, I'm sure you are correct about the 480p Netflix, but my LG thinks it's a 4k feed (I do pay for 4k Netflix). I should have known better because while it said 4k, Marco Polo didn't show as HDR content.

There is also a switch that upscales all content to HDR. At least based on how I have my TV setup, that option is "to much" for my eyes, so I have it turned off.

Hope that helps.

Dave

I have a 4K Vizio without HDR, but it’s only 43”. I forgot that these TV’s upscale SD content. I have a M8S Pro Android box, and I don’t remember how Netflix looks on it. The resolution is set to Auto, and it always selects 4k x 2k 60 hz like yours. I read that the Nvidia Shield and Mi Boxes do Netflix in high def, but they have the Android TV OS. I think Mecool has a model that has the license for HD Netflix too. I was hoping to see a new FireTV to take the place of the main FireTV 2nd gen box, but they only have the new dongle, which I don’t like from reading about it. I also have the 2nd gen FireTV box. Great box but the storage is too low, and an SD card only helps a little, bc most of the app data is internally stored on the FTV box.
                        Did you get a remote and HDMI cable with your Tanix? GearBest says on its page that it only comes with a power adapter. I know the remotes they ship with are cheap, but never hurts to have it as a backup.

Comment

32gb @ $55.99 through the end of November.

Coupon code: GBSuperBox1

Tested as functional at the time of this post.

Anyone knows other valid code for all countries?

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

Only this one $66.99 - GBTX923, but I think soon will be cheaper

Comment

Good news for my weekend. Tks.
                              Still waiting for the TWRP recovery to have a backup on hand.

Comment

Can you give a link to download this version for tanix tx92 please?

Comment

Working...
                                X