No announcement yet.

Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip a coin then I guess . One last question, has anyone successfully fired up LibreElec on either of these devices? Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor
      Much the same, whatever you go with be happy with.
      A few deals about I think still if your ruled by the $
      Mate,

Do you mind telling me if this spdif cable is compatible with the Tanix?
      https://rover.****.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F381533738951

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

Not sure, not used

I use TOS link only the red Glowy one
        Ask the supplier to be sure.

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Found this on the place you mentioned for $1.00
          A converter may get one see if it converts but i think it needs a Glow

TOSLINK to 3.5mm F/M Optical Jack Audio AUX Fiber Optic
          Click image for larger versionName:	thing.pngViews:	1Size:	128.2 KBID:	685037

Thinking more about it, maybe one of these also may do the job pending on the input of the AMP

Click image for larger version

Name:	41-UQLs7tDL._SX463_.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	685039

ask the supplier,
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor
            Found this on the place you mentioned for $1.00
            A converter may get one see if it converts but i think it needs a Glow

TOSLINK to 3.5mm F/M Optical Jack Audio AUX Fiber Optic
            Click image for larger versionName:	thing.pngViews:	1Size:	128.2 KBID:	685037

Thinking more about it, maybe one of these also may do the job pending on the input of the AMP

Click image for larger version

Name:	41-UQLs7tDL._SX463_.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	685039

ask the supplier,
            Cheers mate!
            What you propose can be an option for using my current cable.

Hmm I see also that my **** link is chopped off.
            Anyway this is the cable that I think will be suitable, but I have also sent a question to GB and waiting for their reply.
            I am curious though if other boxes use this new plug as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
              Mate,

Do you mind telling me if this spdif cable is compatible with the Tanix?
              https://rover.****.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F381533738951

I don't know if you have the box already, otherwise it would be very easy to notice that the socket is a 3.5mm AV plug.

So you need 3.5mm > rca., no optical on this box

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes correct, AMP or Input must have RCA type SPIDF...

Had to think a bit been awhile

Originally posted by Jancales

I don't know if you have the box already, otherwise it would be very easy to notice that the socket is a 3.5mm AV plug.

So you need 3.5mm > rca., no optical on this box
              Of course I have it, as I wrote in previous messages.
              Secondly spdif is considered a digital audio connection right? And as far as I know, all digital audio connections are supporting optical cables. No one is using RCA for their speakers anymore, except if they are really old.

Comment

Hey, anyone knows why the front screen sometimes is on and other times is off?
                When I first activated the box, the screen was showing the time and the type of internet connection (ethernet).
                Than after a while it showing only the time. Now I noticed that most of the time is off, even when I am using the box, so it's not connected to the actual use of the device.

Any ideas?

Comment

Of course I have it, as I wrote in previous messages.
                  Secondly spdif is considered a digital audio connection right? And as far as I know, all digital audio connections are supporting optical cables. No one is using RCA for their speakers anymore, except if they are really old.

SPDIF is a digital connection which can be transported over optical or coaxial cable, and the latter is very much in use today.

SPDIF, or the Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format) is used to carry or transport digital audio signals in consumer electronic equipment such as CD and DVD players, PC audio cards, and car audio systems over short distances. The digital signal can be carried over fiber optic (TOSLINK connectors) or coaxial cable (RCA connectors) and is also

My pretty recent Marantz receiver has both coaxial and optical SPDIF inputs, and coaxial SPDIF 3.5mm to RCA cables are readily available.

Even the 2017 Ipad removed optical output and it is now transported over the 3.5mm earphone jack.

Comment

Yes.
                    Both are included.

Thank you for your quick response. I wonder why Gearbest says Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter

I emailed Gearbest before I posted my question here. They wrote me back and said:

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to answer your question.
                    It only has 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter for the package.
                    It is offered by the supplier which is out of our control.
                    You can try to find other products with the accessory you want.

Comment

Originally posted by TC76
                      Thank you for your quick response. I wonder why Gearbest says Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter

I emailed Gearbest before I posted my question here. They wrote me back and said:

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to answer your question.
                      It only has 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter for the package.
                      It is offered by the supplier which is out of our control.
                      You can try to find other products with the accessory you want.

It's obvious that they don't know what they are talking about.

I brought the same issue to them here in their dedicated topic and they said they will check it.

Comment

Hay Everyone.

I am new here and just purchase this TX92 last week. Here are some experience so far:

1. During booting after screen showing TX92 logo, the screen become distorted for few second and than showing Android animation
                        2. Try to install google launcher that only work after pressing home button or after exiting app
                        3. Audio out from SPDIF only detected as 2 channel on my Receiver (Yamaha). I use 3,5 mm to 2 RCA connection, connected to Coaxial port on receiver (only use 1 of the RCA's jack). already try to change every setting and media player app but still only 2 channel audio detected.
                        4. the box are quiet hot (is it normal? never try other tv box as this is my first one)
                        5. I cannot turn off the box using the remote. have to press the box power button
                        6. Have installed PPSSPP emulator and few games and its able run it
                        7. experienced some freezing issue and have to unplug the box and app forced closed

My biggest concern right now are the audio out, it only 2 channel audio out through spdif port. please help

thanks and sorry for bad English

Comment

Originally posted by SatElit
                          Hay Everyone.

I am new here and just purchase this TX92 last week. Here are some experience so far:

1. During booting after screen showing TX92 logo, the screen become distorted for few second and than showing Android animation
                          2. Try to install google launcher that only work after pressing home button or after exiting app
                          3. Audio out from SPDIF only detected as 2 channel on my Receiver (Yamaha). I use 3,5 mm to 2 RCA connection, connected to Coaxial port on receiver (only use 1 of the RCA's jack). already try to change every setting and media player app but still only 2 channel audio detected.
                          4. the box are quiet hot (is it normal? never try other tv box as this is my first one)
                          5. I cannot turn off the box using the remote. have to press the box power button
                          6. Have installed PPSSPP emulator and few games and its able run it
                          7. experienced some freezing issue and have to unplug the box and app forced closed

My biggest concern right now are the audio out, it only 2 channel audio out through spdif port. please help

thanks and sorry for bad English
                          Regarding the Spdif,

Out of curiosity, why you didn't try with a cable like the one I posted a bit earlier?

Comment

Thanks for the replay,

do you ever try it, is it working? a bit worry about spdif port in this box, it just look like normal female 3,5 mm port to me. there are no laser came out of it

regards

Comment

Regarding the Spdif,

Out of curiosity, why you didn't try with a cable like the one I posted a bit earlier?

Why would he try an optical cable if there is no optical out on the box?

SatElit You need a adapter 2 RCA to 1 RCA.

Comment

Working...
                              X