No announcement yet.

Tanix TX9 Pro TV Box Amlogic S912 Android 7.1 Dual WiFi, Gig Lan BT 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrxtasy Thank you for getting back to me. And also thank you for the information and your assistance.

In the meantime I found a better solution and it is coming from you..
    I use 8.2.4.1 Librelec stable and tweked from you and I have no complaints since I used it.
    Dynanic change refresh rrate on Kodi finally works as it sould. I enjoyed smooth video playback in all refresh rates.
    No matter if the content is 24, 25, 50, or 60HZ.
    I would like to thank you for that.
    My only complain is that the VFD of TX9 pro does not work but who cares??

Comment

Originally posted by brianasmith24 View Post
      Anyone figure out how to change the default launcher on this box? I would like to use Nova but it won't stick as the default even though settings says it is the default Home. I can't see anywhere in build.prop to edit out the current launcher which is Oranth Tanix.
      Yep. I'm using a TX9 Pro with square home launcher.

My box wasn't rooted properly even though it says it was enabled so I flashed Magisk via trwp which meant it was now infact rooted.

Next install the launcher of your choice. Set it up, press the home button on the remote. It will ask you which launcher to use and click your launcher and select always.

Then download and install a root uninstall utility and uninstall all that Oranth crap in system apps.

Comment

Does Tanix TX9 support Chromecast functions?
        I have it connected to AV receiver in my home theater setup and would like to use it as player controlled via my mobile (Samsung S6) without need to turn on screen of the theater setup. Is that possible and how?

Also what is the best and latest firmware for it?

Comment

Originally posted by svabos View Post
          Does Tanix TX9 support Chromecast functions?
          I have it connected to AV receiver in my home theater setup and would like to use it as player controlled via my mobile (Samsung S6) without need to turn on screen of the theater setup. Is that possible and how?

Also what is the best and latest firmware for it?
          Yes. There is an app called airscreen which acts a Chromecast reciever which is pre-installed on the tx9. I can confirm this does work with actual cast and not just screen mirror.

It can also be run on startup as a service so as soon as you turn on your tx9 cast will be available .

As for firmware, best to stick with original Tanix firmware I think. You can download it from Tanix website.

You can always remove unwanted stuff .

Comment

I am having audio sync issues with the TX9. Just about any source, like iptv or high quality streaming there is a disconnect between what the lips are doing and the sound. Even when I try to adjust the audio sync manually I just can't seem to get the lips to do what the audio sounds like. Is this related to the "choppiness" that was mentioned ealier? The video seems smooth, audio is right, they are just not gonging together.

Comment

Originally posted by daught View Post
              I am having audio sync issues with the TX9. Just about any source, like iptv or high quality streaming there is a disconnect between what the lips are doing and the sound. Even when I try to adjust the audio sync manually I just can't seem to get the lips to do what the audio sounds like. Is this related to the "choppiness" that was mentioned ealier? The video seems smooth, audio is right, they are just not gonging together.
              I don't have any issues with audio sync. Which ROM / Firmware are you using?

Comment

I realized it has to do with the system refresh bring at 60hz. Problem is, I can't get Kodi or the Android system to reliably do matching auto frame rate. I am using the latest TX9 ROM. August display refresh rate is set to always in Kodi, and the within Android is set to level 2 auto frame rate. Sometimes it switches the refresh rate to match the content, but most often it does not switch.

Comment

After spending too much time on it trying roms, kodi releases and settings I narrow it down to the following. The TV needs to match refresh rate for good synced audio.

Problem was the system with kodi 17/18 does did switch refresh for all streams. am-H265 streams switched refresh, am-h264 stream did not switch refresh. When I went back to kodi or the android launcher the refresh would stay at what the last stream was.

I installed spmc 17 alpha 2, I enabled HW decoding for all streams and the refresh switches to mach ALL streams. SPMC has an option to accelerate amcoded and h264. Kodi does not have that option. Audi/video looks good. When I switch back to kodi refresh god back to 60hz. The downside is the slight delay between switching refresh, but AV sync is GOOD

With spmc abandoned I wonder how this solution will be down the road. Is it possible to force HW decoding in kodi like spmc?

Comment

Hello, I have the tanix tx9 pro 20180205 LP ram version and i have an issue. I'm not able to write on my SD (download on s card).
                    I saw that xposed framework can solve my issue.
                    So I installed TWRP and install xposed framework.zip file. Then I installed the xposed framework apk. xposed framework it say that the framework is install.
                    I install handle external storage but i'm still not able to download on my SD card directly...

How do you solve this issue ?

I have also stuttering on every Kodi (stock rom, custom rom, coreelec, libreelec, vlc, mxplayer). I tried SPMC but i my video was small ...

Comment

Hi!
                      Which usb port should be used for the usb burning tool?

Comment

Originally posted by maddone View Post
                        Hi!
                        Which usb port should be used for the usb burning tool?
                        The top USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus95 View Post
                          Hello, I have the tanix tx9 pro 20180205 LP ram version and i have an issue. I'm not able to write on my SD (download on s card).
                          I saw that xposed framework can solve my issue.
                          So I installed TWRP and install xposed framework.zip file. Then I installed the xposed framework apk. xposed framework it say that the framework is install.
                          I install handle external storage but i'm still not able to download on my SD card directly...

How do you solve this issue ?

I have also stuttering on every Kodi (stock rom, custom rom, coreelec, libreelec, vlc, mxplayer). I tried SPMC but i my video was small ...
                          Easy. Create a new directory in "/system/priv-app/" called DocumentsUI then copy this APK there. Then restart
                          full path will be "/system/priv-app/DocumentsUI/DocumentsUI.apk"

Comment

Originally posted by syked69 View Post

The top USB port.
                            Thank You!
                            The box brick, I tried nand short, but nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by maddone View Post

Thank You!
                              The box brick, I tried nand short, but nothing.
                              I had bricked box but bought it back to life with Nand shorting.

Plug in USB male to male cable into the box and PC also plug in the power cord. Load original Tanix firmware into burning tool - select force erase option
                              then short the pins on on band and burning tool should detect your box and start.
                              Must be original firnware though.

Comment

Hi Everyone We have created this thread to collect all the NAND pin Short to Mask ROM Mode locations for all our members. Because firmware comes on android

Comment

Working...
                                X