• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your response.
    I've made many boxes with nand shorts.
    Unfortunately, this box does nothing.

Comment

I have a Tanix TX9 Pro which suddenly stopped working. THe device seems dead except for the tanix logo on top of the device which turns blue but there is no led display on the front side and of course no booting at all. Tried to flash the stock rom via usb burning tool but the process stops after 2 seconds at 2% and I get this error:

[HUB2-1][Err]--[0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result

Can anyone tell what this error is about?

Comment

Originally posted by georgesat20 View Post

Again error
        [0x10105004] Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initiallyinitialize status /Error result
        I have the same problem with T95z Plus 2gb ram / 16gb rom

Comment

Originally posted by letom View Post
          I have a Tanix TX9 Pro which suddenly stopped working. THe device seems dead except for the tanix logo on top of the device which turns blue but there is no led display on the front side and of course no booting at all. Tried to flash the stock rom via usb burning tool but the process stops after 2 seconds at 2% and I get this error:

[HUB2-1][Err]--[0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result

Can anyone tell what this error is about?
          I have the same problem when I try to flash with Amlogic Burning tool. My Box has the same situation like letom Box, only blue tanix logo led is on.

What can we do? open and short cut the pins on Flash pads?

Can anywhone say which one must be shortcut?

Thanks

Comment

You can try nand short to try and bring it back alive.
            ​​​​​​
            You need Tanix original firmware for this.

The short pins are somewhere in the area highlighted but you could try each pair from bottom and work your way up.

Best to reboot your PC once

1) load aml burn tool
            2) load known good firmware in tool (from Tanix)
            3) click start
            4) plug in usb cable to both PC and box
            ​​​​​​5) then Start shorting around this area. Can't tell you for sure which pins but I just worked my way up from the bottom

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_025455.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	790451

Comment

Thanks for reply,

in this post
              Hi Everyone We have created this thread to collect all the NAND pin Short to Mask ROM Mode locations for all our members. Because firmware comes on android

we have the Pins for a samsung eMMC.

And in this post

we se the same named PCB, but another eMMC from Sandisk.

The Question is, if the pins are compatible than for Mask Rom the 17-18 pin must be shortcut.

Right?

Comment

That picture was of sandisk eMMC because that's what my Tanix used

Not sure about Samsung eMMC.

17-18 sound about right but like I said, it's around that region I highlighted
                You can try a couple of pairs around that area

Comment

Here are the datasheets from the Flash Chips:

SAMSUNG, look at page 5

SANDISK, look at page 24

I check the pinout and footprint of both chips, its excatly the same. Thats clear because they are soldered on the same PCB Version.

Outgoing from this information I think the shortcut pins must be the same, 17-18.

Do somebody know how this pins are named?

Comment

Hi, I know I am late to the party on this one, but I have only found the site. I have had my TX9 Pro for a bit over a year. When I bought it, it ran hot as others have noticed and it did throttle a bit. I then noticed the occasional crash if I was in high 70c to low 80c temps.

I decided to open the case and remove the board, then added some holes in the top, bottom and sides of the case where there was room. I also added a bigger heat sink I had laying around and a few stacks of thermal pads. I removed the metal plate from the inside of the bottom of the case. This helped but by now, I wanted to see what I could do. I had a spare 80mm 9v fan and I soldered positive wire directly to the power in. I then removed all the thermal pads and had the fan hold the newer heat sink in place. I didn't bother to put the bottom of the case back on. In the 4 mounting holes, I added 4 13mm long black anodised screws to act as legs. and allow for plenty of air.

I now get 45c max temps now matter what I do. I also had node red and MQTT servers running constantly on this box while playing video and it never missed a beat.

The other day, I noticed general lagginess of the unit so I did a clean install and that improved things, but I couldn't get the bluetooth mouse to pair properly. I tried through the Tanix settings and the Android settings with no joy. It would say it was paired but the Logitech mouse would just go into hibernation. Bluetooth had previously worked fine.

So I downloaded the latest and greatest Tanix ROM Feb 2018 I think. I was previous on a 2017 (maybe August?) version. I loaded from a USB stick and the update went like a charm.

I Deleted the TV Centre version of Kodi, then downloaded 18.5 Kodi from Play Store, copied over my Kodi folder and was on my way to working again. Bluetooth mouse connected like a charm. So it looks like the old TX9 has a couple of years left in it.

I am not running the MQTT server any more so there is no need to keep the box on all the time. Currently the way the fan is wired, I have the fan running whenever I have power connected. So I will need to find a 5v powersource on the board. When I do that I will add a resistor to the fron LCD to lower the power, and neaten up the fan to case connection.

All in all, with proper cooling this 912 chip works like a charm. So anyone complaining about poor performance, either get the soldering iron out or find a friend who can do it for you.

If I remember, I will take a few photos if I get around to changing the wiring and dimming the LCD.

Cheers,

Comment

Hi: I'm new and I need full access to your website for that I want to do a contribution: the last updates to firmware for tx9 pro sent to me by the manufacturer. For downloading these you have to have a account in wetransfer (you can do one free it is as google drive or one drive and the download is fast), here the links to the firmwares:
                      https://wetransfer.com/downloads/caef5a4b61c9a0e6fa95524016550ce520200729093759/d50c01576a7cdf0f3f943d2c8fe5022920200729093816/f22023

Comment

And here the other firmware newer: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ae8...9102632/be2298

Comment

Please give me access to full content. I need fix my tv box.

Comment

Working...
                          X