yep working now
    does anyone know how to uart into this box please
    Burning tool can not detect the device?
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post

Burning tool can not detect the device?
      yes not detected by burning tool
      i tried to flash a different firmware the tx8 firmware but once it completed the box did not work
      no video and no front clock just the blue light on the top
      I read that i need to UART into the box but there is no recovery img

can anyone help with this please

Comment

to get the box to detect in USB burning tool you need to plug in the power cord as well. using only reset button + male to male USB cable will not work. I soft bricked the box trying to flash Magendanz's ATV version which unfortunately did not work. went back to stock using the USB Burning Tool and got the box working again.

From my end, I have flashed the latest factory firmware successfully but Kodi crashes after a few minutes of using it. I deleted the TV Center app and installed the latest Kodi 17.6. Any ideas why this is happening? That TV Center thing is stupid since due to a conflicting signature it will not allow you to upgrade Kodi.

Comment

@zickler: which FW version you used to recover Tx9Pro? And what options you selected in USB Burning tool? Did you selected "Erase bootloader" or not?
          I'm want to install newest firmware on my Tx9Pro, but I'm reluctant, since I hard bricked one Beelink GT1 Ultimate..
          BR

Comment

Originally posted by rafiki View Post
            @zickler: which FW version you used to recover Tx9Pro? And what options you selected in USB Burning tool? Did you selected "Erase bootloader" or not?
            I'm want to install newest firmware on my Tx9Pro, but I'm reluctant, since I hard bricked one Beelink GT1 Ultimate..
            BR
            I used the latest factory firmware 20171101. I left the USB options as they were. Erase Flash (Normal Erase) and Erase Bootloader. It's very difficult to hard brick these boxes. I thought I had bricked my TX9 Pro since I was helping Magendanz check whether his ROM was compatible with this box. I would plug it in and nothing, no HDMI signal and the little screen on the front would not light up either. However I always managed to get it back to how it was. These Tanix boxes (at least this TX9 Pro) are a bit finicky to connect to the USB Burning Tool. To be honest, having had loads of boxes before I'm not sure I'd but Tanix again. Beelinks seem to be a lot better, and easier to work with.

Comment

does anyone have the firmware older than the current 20171101 for the TX9 Pro? this particular firmware keeps kicking me out of TV Center/Kodi after a few minutes.

Comment

Thanks zickler,

I'm afraid I managed to hard brick my GT1U. Here is the link to post I created: http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=671184
                Since then, no progress is made

My Tx9Pro is on earlier FW still. If it's not to complicated, I can try to extract FW - just need some guide.
                BR

Comment

how did you hard brick the GT1U? those boxes are not easy to hard brick. if it's a case of bad firmware you might recover it using Boot Card Maker or the USB Burning Tool if the box is detected. Or else you can look for guidance on whether you can short the NAND pins.

I also have another TX9 Pro which probably is also on the older firmware. Will try and look for a tutorial on how to extract the firmware from that. My experience with Tanix has been a total nightmare. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by zickler View Post
                    how did you hard brick the GT1U? those boxes are not easy to hard brick. if it's a case of bad firmware you might recover it using Boot Card Maker or the USB Burning Tool if the box is detected. Or else you can look for guidance on whether you can short the NAND pins.
                    Well I was trying to upgrade my TX9 box with newer firmware and now its not botting at all - The LED in front used to say 'boot' during boot but now its not even showing that. There is not HDMI signal also!

Comment

Originally posted by cube3x3 View Post

Well I was trying to upgrade my TX9 box with newer firmware and now its not botting at all - The LED in front used to say 'boot' during boot but now its not even showing that. There is not HDMI signal also!
                      I also had that and managed to recover my TX9 Pro. Did you try connecting it to the Amlogic USB Burning Tool? The steps I did was:

1) Insert a toothpick or whatever to press the reset button near the USB ports
                      2) Connect the Male-to-Male USB cable to the box from your PC/Laptop
                      3) Connect the power supply to the box
                      4) Release the reset button and it should connect

Comment

Originally posted by zickler View Post

I also had that and managed to recover my TX9 Pro. Did you try connecting it to the Amlogic USB Burning Tool? The steps I did was:

1) Insert a toothpick or whatever to press the reset button near the USB ports
                        2) Connect the Male-to-Male USB cable to the box from your PC/Laptop
                        3) Connect the power supply to the box
                        4) Release the reset button and it should connect
                        I followed your instructions but no luck. Is it because my laptop has only USB-3 port and I used that?

Comment

Originally posted by cube3x3 View Post

I followed your instructions but no luck. Is it because my laptop has only USB-3 port and I used that?
                          I have no idea regarding USB-3 ... maybe someone else has experience with that. Did you try both USB Ports on the box since 1 of them does not work. You have to use the one on top (TX9 Pro has 2 USB ports on top of each other).

Comment

does anyone have the older September 2017 firmware for this box? My Kodi keeps quiting to home screen on the newer November (20171101) firmware.

Edit: Managed to get the firmware by making a Nandroid from a same box running the older firmware.
                            Last edited by zickler; 12-04-2017, 14:04.

Comment

Zickler, can you share your work september firmware? I bricked my device with November update (((

Comment

The answer from official Tanix about bad november firmware:

We are going to upload a new firmware
                                I will tell you ASAP
                                there must be something wrong when writting to system partition.
                                or wrong in writting key to emmc

Comment

Working...
                                X