• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As found not tested

Glad to share the firmware for TANIX TX9 PRO TV Box

SD Flash Firmware

Recovery

Update Param

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Source:
    Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for TANIX TX9 PRO TV Box SD Flash Firmware Recovery Update Param Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun ! Jan 9, 2018 What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 1 Facebook Twitter Email
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      As found not tested

Glad to share the firmware for TANIX TX9 PRO TV Box

SD Flash Firmware

Recovery

Update Param

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Source:
      http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/01/t...date-20180104/
      Thanks, testing ...

Looks much better then any release before this one

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

Thanks, testing ...

Looks much better then any release before this one
        Alianato Can you be more specific? I have these issues with previous version.
        Power supply humming in stand-by mode or box is shutdown.
        LAN speed drop to 10mbps when wakeup box from stand-by.
        Wi-fi is reconnecting. I only tried on 5GHz, channel 36.
        THX

Comment

Originally posted by Miky28 View Post

Alianato Can you be more specific? I have these issues with previous version.
          Power supply humming in stand-by mode or box is shutdown.
          LAN speed drop to 10mbps when wakeup box from stand-by.
          Wi-fi is reconnecting. I only tried on 5GHz, channel 36.
          THX
          I have none of the problems you refer, in my case the box just hangs all the time, I am suspicious of an hw issue related with temperature, apparently the box does not hang after being disconnected for a while, but when I installed an app to measure temperature it only showed around 50º, which I found OK and contradicts the hypothesis of temperature issue, perhaps next test will be done inside the refrigerator.

Last night when I was testing everything was fine but today I began to install a series of apps and it began to hang, google play is very unstable so I thought in installing opengapps, I will continue posting my results, one thing I can say for sure, I am very unhappy with this box

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

I have none of the problems you refer, in my case the box just hangs all the time, I am suspicious of an hw issue related with temperature, apparently the box does not hang after being disconnected for a while, but when I installed an app to measure temperature it only showed around 50º, which I found OK and contradicts the hypothesis of temperature issue, perhaps next test will be done inside the refrigerator.

Last night when I was testing everything was fine but today I began to install a series of apps and it began to hang, google play is very unstable so I thought in installing opengapps, I will continue posting my results, one thing I can say for sure, I am very unhappy with this box
            as i said before, i'm thinking more of a power supply issue that causes the box to hang, than a specific HW issue on the box itself. the strange humming of the power adapter when box is off is not a normal thing....

maybe some kind of power surge that makes the box hang up....

Comment

Originally posted by andmaur View Post

as i said before, i'm thinking more of a power supply issue that causes the box to hang, than a specific HW issue on the box itself. the strange humming of the power adapter when box is off is not a normal thing....

maybe some kind of power surge that makes the box hang up....
              I tried several power supply and that didn't change much, but most probably your power supply is faulty
              Last edited by Alianato; 01-11-2018, 00:41.

Comment

Well, after installing this update (20180104), Antutu 3D benchmark is failing- even won't start. Will try to revert to the December FW.

BR

Update: with December FW (20171222) Antutu 3D benchmark test is working fine.
                Last edited by rafiki; 01-11-2018, 22:14. Reason: Update after FW installation

Comment

читать тему

Comment

Anyone same issues with graphics colors on native decoding TV multicast streams (other HLS streams too but after longer time) ? tested on TX9pro-20171222.img
                    Sometimes after few minutes, sometimes after few hours... lower Hz extends time after you will see this: (every TV older or newer, it does't matter)
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I just bought Tanix TX9 Pro and find it not good as advertised... It hangs from time to time, kicks out of Kodi, colors has been changed from time to time (see it on the picture: https://imgur.com/a/PiWRX )
                      It is very annoying while watching movie or anything else - it switch colors and nothing can be seen. Whatever I do with the box, picture on the screen can't be seen while colors are lost. After some time colors has been reverted to normal. How to solve this problem?
                      Thanks in advance.

Best regards

PS. Movie can't be watched https://imgur.com/57RFv1R
                      Randomly change colors, works like that for some time (tens of minutes), then normal colors come back for some time,... can't be more sorry for buying it...
                      Last edited by strela; 01-21-2018, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by strela View Post
                        I just bought Tanix TX9 Pro and find it not good as advertised... It hangs from time to time, kicks out of Kodi, colors has been changed from time to time (see it on the picture: https://imgur.com/a/PiWRX )
                        It is very annoying while watching movie or anything else - it switch colors and nothing can be seen. Whatever I do with the box, picture on the screen can't be seen while colors are lost. After some time colors has been reverted to normal. How to solve this problem?
                        Thanks in advance.

Best regards
                        Which bulid version?
                        It looks like an old TV hdmi colors so try to switch depth to RGB mode.

Comment

mXHX,

thanks for quick reply.

Build is 20170916
                          TV is Sony (HD ready, resolution 1080i), few years old.
                          In display settings, I can only turn off color deep, which I did. I will watch what is happening further.

Here is cought color change:

Comment

mXHX,

thanks for quick reply.

Build is 20170916
                            TV is Sony (HD ready, resolution 1080i), few years old.
                            In display settings, I can only turn off color deep, which I did. I will watch what is happening further.

Here is cought color change:
                            https://streamable.com/fsnjk
                            ..many google/youtube solutions are about this: try

Settings (or Droid settings) > Display > Screen resolution > Color space (or Deep color settings) > RGB 8 bit

..it depends on version which you use so these are not exactly steps, but you will find it. Sometimes colors are inside Display mode resolutions.

Comment

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

PS. Movie can't be watched https://imgur.com/57RFv1R
                              Randomly change colors, works like that for some time (tens of minutes), then normal colors come back for some time,... can't be more sorry for buying it...
                              I know the problem very well because I have a TV where that happens, apparently many Sony and Philips TVs manifest this problem, it´s related with color spaces.
                              I am not sure if stock firmware has this solved, but if it´s not or you change the TV :-) [most probably not] or you try to find a rom in this forum that works in this box and that have this solved.
                              I also have a Tanix TX9 Pro and if I knew all the problems it would give me, I would opt for another box, for instance the Beelink GT1 with Superceleron ROM is very stable and have this problem solved.
                              Tanix TX9 Pro is very very unstable, till the moment I can´t find a definitive reason, maybe is the power source, perhaps the box is not cooled enough, or the firmware is full of bugs.
                              I tried many things, spent many hours trying different roms and even diferent power sources, and I am more inclined for an hw problem, but as I said I am not sure.
                              Hope it helped

Comment

Working...
                              X