Tanix TX9 Pro TV Box Amlogic S912 Android 7.1 Dual WiFi, Gig Lan BT 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

I know the problem very well because I have a TV where that happens, apparently many Sony and Philips TVs manifest this problem, it´s related with color spaces.
    I am not sure if stock firmware has this solved, but if it´s not or you change the TV :-) [most probably not] or you try to find a rom in this forum that works in this box and that have this solved.
    I also have a Tanix TX9 Pro and if I knew all the problems it would give me, I would opt for another box, for instance the Beelink GT1 with Superceleron ROM is very stable and have this problem solved.
    Tanix TX9 Pro is very very unstable, till the moment I can´t find a definitive reason, maybe is the power source, perhaps the box is not cooled enough, or the firmware is full of bugs.
    I tried many things, spent many hours trying different roms and even diferent power sources, and I am more inclined for an hw problem, but as I said I am not sure.
    Hope it helped
    Not bugs but performance.... When I received my TX9PRO and open it, the heatsink was not glued, just slightly hold with spaces between tape and cpu.. and they use not very quality tape to hold it on the chip and leading the heat is not as optimal as should be. So check your heatsink. Secondly try another adapter. Third if you see something like this http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=703737 change Hz from 60 to 50 (1080p) or from 30 to 24 (4K), it can help to solve it. At worst change color space to RGB 8bit, it not use as much performance as 10-12bit depths.
    Reply if it helps you...

Comment

Originally posted by mXHX View Post

Not bugs but performance.... When I received my TX9PRO and open it, the heatsink was not glued, just slightly hold with spaces between tape and cpu.. and they use not very quality tape to hold it on the chip and leading the heat is not as optimal as should be. So check your heatsink. Secondly try another adapter. Third if you see something like this http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=703737 change Hz from 60 to 50 (1080p) or from 30 to 24 (4K), it can help to solve it. At worst change color space to RGB 8bit, it not use as much performance as 10-12bit depths.
      Reply if it helps you...
      Thanks for your reply.
      I do not have the TV problem with this box because I use it connected to an LG TV, I had this problem with another box, and nothing worked except installing a rom by superceleron, but that was with another box, a Beelink GT1 clone, I still use it today without issues.
      What do you mean with "try another adapter"? a different power supply?
      Regarding the TX9 Pro, I also opened it several time and suspect you may be right regarding the heat, I order a different heat-sink and new tape from Gearbest, I am just waiting to receive it and try to see what happens
      regards

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        I do not have the TV problem with this box because I use it connected to an LG TV, I had this problem with another box, and nothing worked except installing a rom by superceleron, but that was with another box, a Beelink GT1 clone, I still use it today without issues.
        What do you mean with "try another adapter"? a different power supply?
        Regarding the TX9 Pro, I also opened it several time and suspect you may be right regarding the heat, I order a different heat-sink and new tape from Gearbest, I am just waiting to receive it and try to see what happens
        regards
        Yes, another power supply....
        I'm testing now Nexus_GT1_Nano_NHG47L-20171125 by Magendanz on it and it looks will be good. Newer version 20180119 not works 3D at all or not so good as previous version. He took kernel from VORKE Z6 which is very similar to TX9PRO

Comment

Yes, another power supply....
          I'm testing now Nexus_GT1_Nano_NHG47L-20171125 by Magendanz on it and it looks will be good. Newer version 20180119 not works 3D at all or not so good as previous version. He took kernel from VORKE Z6 which is very similar to TX9PRO
          I tried with a 5V2.5A and it looked a bit better, but it still hanged randomly, I should receive the new heat dissipator soon but I would like to know your tests on the Nexus_GT1_Nano_NHG47L-20171125 by Magendanz, are the wifi and bluetooth working?

Comment

I tried with a 5V2.5A and it looked a bit better, but it still hanged randomly, I should receive the new heat dissipator soon but I would like to know your tests on the Nexus_GT1_Nano_NHG47L-20171125 by Magendanz, are the wifi and bluetooth working?
            Of course wifi/bt is working. Kernel which he used is very universal for 95% devices.

Comment

Originally posted by rafiki View Post
              Well, after installing this update (20180104), Antutu 3D benchmark is failing- even won't start. Will try to revert to the December FW.

BR

Update: with December FW (20171222) Antutu 3D benchmark test is working fine.
              Has anyone solution for this 3D issue ?

Comment

Of course wifi/bt is working. Kernel which he used is very universal for 95% devices.
                Good, I will try that rom, thx

Comment

Does who knows what kind of cable I can use for SPDIF on tanix tx9 pro? I try optical but is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                    Does who knows what kind of cable I can use for SPDIF on tanix tx9 pro? I try optical but is not good.
                    I am using coaxial cable.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks, I found this cable. It is for xiaomi tv box. It’s will be ok?
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What a dumb a** I'm

I was trying with mini Toshlink cable (optical one) - and was disappointed because didn't worked...

BR

Comment

I know the problem very well because I have a TV where that happens, apparently many Sony and Philips TVs manifest this problem, it´s related with color spaces.
                          I am not sure if stock firmware has this solved, but if it´s not or you change the TV :-) [most probably not] or you try to find a rom in this forum that works in this box and that have this solved.
                          I also have a Tanix TX9 Pro and if I knew all the problems it would give me, I would opt for another box, for instance the Beelink GT1 with Superceleron ROM is very stable and have this problem solved.
                          Tanix TX9 Pro is very very unstable, till the moment I can´t find a definitive reason, maybe is the power source, perhaps the box is not cooled enough, or the firmware is full of bugs.
                          I tried many things, spent many hours trying different roms and even diferent power sources, and I am more inclined for an hw problem, but as I said I am not sure.
                          Hope it helped
                          After a while, tested RGB modes, etc. still loosing colors. Less, but happens.
                          Still hangs from time to time, kicks out of Kodi - 'headache' in one word.
                          I'll try 5V 3A power supply and think about opening the box and looking thermal dissipation.

Headache.

Comment

Originally posted by strela View Post

After a while, tested RGB modes, etc. still loosing colors. Less, but happens.
                            Still hangs from time to time, kicks out of Kodi - 'headache' in one word.
                            I'll try 5V 3A power supply and think about opening the box and looking thermal dissipation.

Headache.
                            maybe just defective piece :[ which version of board do you have ? Mine is CS_912_tx92_LP_V1.0 20170810

Comment

maybe just defective piece :[ which version of board do you have ? Mine is CS_912_tx92_LP_V1.0 20170810
                              build number is 20170916

Comment

Originally posted by strela View Post

build number is 20170916
                                you mean date printed on board? if you have same v1.0 board, you should not have trouble after own heatsink solving. If not, apply a claim...

Comment

Working...
                                X