Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro+ Usb burning tool stops at 7% formatting, Help Please

H96 Pro+ Usb burning tool stops at 7% formatting,
    I have tried several roms with no luck. I'm not sure what rom I should use. Here are the pictures of my box.
    It is hard to tell from the images but the chip looks like it is a Samsung
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Originally posted by dlbHome View Post
    H96 Pro+ Usb burning tool stops at 7% formatting,
    I have tried several roms with no luck. I'm not sure what rom I should use. Here are the pictures of my box.
    It is hard to tell from the images but the chip looks like it is a Samsung
    Hi ,

what about Supercelerons Rom , ever tried ??? Did you already tried it this Way :

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I did try with the micro card but I get no video. So I'm stuck without some help.

Comment

I did try with the micro card method but I have no video.

Comment

Originally posted by dlbHome View Post
          I did try with the micro card method but I have no video.
          Hi ,

you mean , the Box has no "Output on Screen" , no Picture to see , do you have the Stockrom ???

best to restore it with Stockrom , is the Box still recognised by PC & Flashtool ??? , otherwise you

have to "shortPins" to do that . Here you can find many helpful Information about that , many Users

have Problems with this kind of Box . Do you have the "blue" or "green" PCB ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

When I plug it into a TV I get no picture. It is still seen using a windows 7 usb tool. I don't have the stock firmware and have tried many. If anyone could guide me to the stock firmware that would be great.
            Thanks

Comment

It is the green PCB.

Comment

I am stuck with a similar problem, however, I might add a bit of information that can be useful to other people as well.
                I had 2 similar boxes (H96pro+ with S912), 3GB+32GB, green pcb, that I have been able to flash with usb burning tools successfully, with a good firmware (aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_912_mac-20170602) without having to shortcircuit any pin.

Unfortunately, at some point, I did a bad installation of armbian to emmc, that resulted in a booting box, on a linux image with the wrong drivers for usb, which was equivalent to a brick (no way to interact with the machine via any keyboard or mouse).

Now, with the same firmware, and same box, I need to short the pin 5-6 of emmc to start flashing process, and even though the process does not want to go further than 7%, and stops at "formatting" with a disk Initialize problem, command timeout.

I suspect that the machine is booting while I am trying to flash the emmc. But in this case I am sure that the image, the burning tool version, and configuration is alright. I also tried all options (erase, force erase, uboot eras, etc...) and did not managed to go further than 7%.

Comment

I had constant firmware problems with H96Pro +.
                  The main problem was that the box did not turn on after a full shutdown.
                  It did not fix any firmware.
                  I installed on H96 Pro + green the firmware from Minix and I have peace of mind.
                  Although there is no mouse on the remote control, it is better than the original firmware.
                  The menu is not nice, so I installed from google play AVT Launcher.
                  I am now satisfied.

Comment

@Hickson44,

Try to hold the reset pin the entire boot process.
                    Failing that..try inserting power adapter and USB cable at the same time..hopefully a successful flash

Comment

dlbHome,

(Has your box worked,ever? Meaning, have you tried it on another T.V. brand? Older Phillips have given problems).

A worn USB cable can cause some issues, also try the method listed above...might help.

Compatible firmwares for your version, if needed.
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. I have the 2017-09-22 ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0 3G+ 32G. I've tried every firmware for the v3 model on that mega repository both with the USB burning tool v2.08, 2.18 etc and the sd burning tool. I can't get past the formatting at 7%. I've attached some log files in case someone can find the cause.

The sd burner card will activate the upgrade mode, but the progress bar will not go past the 7% (probably formatting) part of the process.

I have a full twrp backup of the device including the boot.img and recovery.img. Is there a way to just flash the boot and recovery to the device and restore the backup that way?

I also can't get twrp to boot up from the SD card. The splash screen would show, but then it would just stop the video signal. After trying the burning tools I can't even get the splash screen. There may be something preventing the write to the memory.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X