H96 Pro Plus dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro Plus dead?

So i bought a H96 Pro Plus from China, it is a 2+16 Model, board says CZ-S32-v2.2.
    Out of the Box it did not output any Signal over HDMI, the Blue power LED and the red LED in the Toslink port do light up though.
    I tried holding the reset button while connecting the power plug, but nothing happens.

I did a fair bit of research regarding USB burning tool, the problem is it doesn't even get recognised as a USB device by my PC,
    let alone the USB Burning Tool. I have another S905x box, that when i plug it into my PC i hear the windows sound for USB devices,
    and i can see the device in Buurning tool, so my cable is OK. None of that happens with the H96 Pro Plus.

I get the feeling, that this unit has a Hardware issue, not just a firmware issue....

Has anyone had a similar experience and can maybe help me out?
    Any help is much appreciated!

I'm in the same situation. I have the non plus version. When I plug in the power, the light is on but no output through HDMI. The computer doesn't detect the box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

curious can you boot recovery into twrp ?
      if so maybe someone would be kind enough to make a twrp backup for yas.

Comment

Originally posted by kodiliscious View Post
        curious can you boot recovery into twrp ?
        if so maybe someone would be kind enough to make a twrp backup for yas.
        Not at all. It doesn't show anything on the screen when I plug it in.

Comment

so you have twrp on an sdcard and your using the toothpick method to boot into recovery ?

also, I haven't used burning tool in awhile but a friends t95z plus wasn't working so I used it a few mins ago and here some things I forgot
          on this box there is only 1 usb port that will work so try them all.
          and of course I forgot to use the toothpick 1st shot then realized why it wasn't working until I did that lol
          Last edited by kodiliscious; 01-25-2018, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by kodiliscious View Post
            so you have twrp on an sdcard and your using the toothpick method to boot into recovery ?

also, I haven't used burning tool in awhile but a friends t95z plus wasn't working so I used it a few mins ago and here some things I forgot
            on this box there is only 1 usb port that will work so try them all.
            and of course I forgot to use the toothpick 1st shot then realized why it wasn't working until I did that lol
            Thanks for responding, kodiliscious.
            It doesn't seem like twrp is available for this box. I've tried to boot it with the toothpick trick and the USB A-A cable but the computer doesn't detect the box. I think I tried all the USB port but I will give it another shot. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello , i have the same symptoms, my h96pro+ from banggood is 5 months old, . When I plug it with the 5v,the blue light is fix and i have no signal with hdmi, I can't access to recovery. I have flashed it with usb burning tool, but nothing has changed. I have already changed power supply and hdmi wire but I have no signal.If anyone has a solution or could advise me for a new android box
              Last edited by saboy; 02-01-2018, 07:47.

Comment

dont know if you guys tried these on both sites there is a few , likely the same but i dont have that box

Comment

A firend told me he went through this b4 so im just passing it along.
                  make sure when installing burning tool the license goes to proper place as per burningtool instructions.
                  he said 1st always try burning tool that comes with firmware, dont keep using same burning tool ( a slight pain uninstalling and installing and placing the license folder in proper place )and different firmwares that didnt come with it.
                  if no success try newest burning tool and work your way back if you have a firmware you are confident will work.
                  lastly he said on 1 or 2 occasions, after starting burntool and plugging in usb, once it starts also plug in the boxes power cord.
                  gl

Comment

I fixed mine by leaving the power adapter plugged in and connect the USB-A cable to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tengtengvn View Post
                      I fixed mine by leaving the power adapter plugged in and connect the USB-A cable to it.
                      Thx for the feedback. Just to clarify, you connected power, plugged in Usb cable and flashed with burning tool?

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieBall View Post
                        So i bought a H96 Pro Plus from China, it is a 2+16 Model, board says CZ-S32-v2.2.
                        Out of the Box it did not output any Signal over HDMI, the Blue power LED and the red LED in the Toslink port do light up though.
                        I tried holding the reset button while connecting the power plug, but nothing happens.

I did a fair bit of research regarding USB burning tool, the problem is it doesn't even get recognised as a USB device by my PC,
                        let alone the USB Burning Tool. I have another S905x box, that when i plug it into my PC i hear the windows sound for USB devices,
                        and i can see the device in Buurning tool, so my cable is OK. None of that happens with the H96 Pro Plus.

I get the feeling, that this unit has a Hardware issue, not just a firmware issue....

Has anyone had a similar experience and can maybe help me out?
                        Any help is much appreciated!
                        You have the exact same problem as me. Fixed it using a good 5V/2.5A+ power adapter (actually a smartphone micro usb charger + a usb type A to 5.5mmx2.1mm ( not 2.5mm ! ) DC barrel cable). The issue is that crappy power adapter (still worked for one month for some reason...)

Comment

Interesting, I never tried another power supply. Worth a shot

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieBall View Post

Thx for the feedback. Just to clarify, you connected power, plugged in Usb cable and flashed with burning tool?
                            I recovered mine with that procedure.

Pressing the reset button all the time, plug the usb and then the power cord. The PC recognized the box immediately.

Comment

Working...
                            X