Need right firmware for T95Z with WiFi chip AP6255

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need right firmware for T95Z with WiFi chip AP6255

Made this post in an other thread an do not want to double post so here is the link:

Tried different firmware, but still USB burning tools will not flash with always the same error. I have not been able to find the pins to short to use the short pin method but tried everything else.
    If anybody could point me to which pins to short it would be appreciated.

Originally posted by LeMaestro View Post
    Originally posted by LeMaestro View Post
    It a clone from what I can see. The box was working very well and I was very Happy with it. I did not like the start menu and could not get ride of it.
    Since the box was rooted I decided to install Supersu, after a successful installation and a prompt to restart the device, the device got stuck on boot logo.
    Tried recovery, did not work, tried flashing from recovery, the device stated starting the upgrade but then the screen went black and after waiting over 30 minutes,
    I figured something was wrong and unplugged the device. Upon reboot I was greeting by a blank screen and only the led light came on. Tried flashing the firmware available at the bottom of the product page with USB Burning Tool to no avail. Also tried other firmware but no luck.
    If someone can help it would be appreciated. It had Android 7.1.2 when i got it.

I think you updated the Supersu Binaries? I'm not a %100 but I think Supersu really only works with Supersu app, magisk root works with magisk app
    the root on your device is not Supersu its some funky su ?
    Now I think in some cases Supersu will work on non supersu root if you don't update the binaries bc they are not the same.
    Id only ever update those if its matching root and app that you know is on there.
    anywho did you try any of these ?

and just to make sure
    -unplug all cords to box
    -on computer start the burning tool (hopefully you put the liscense in the right folder when installing)
    -load image in burntool make sure the Erase flash and erase bootloader is checked and force erase all is in dropdown, click start
    -plug usb into computer
    -holding toothpick in audio port plug usb into the right side usb ( if looking down on box )
    -wait a few mins until it starts

gl

Comment

Originally posted by kodiliscious View Post

I think you updated the Supersu Binaries? I'm not a %100 but I think Supersu really only works with Supersu app, magisk root works with magisk app
      the root on your device is not Supersu its some funky su ?
      Now I think in some cases Supersu will work on non supersu root if you don't update the binaries bc they are not the same.
      Id only ever update those if its matching root and app that you know is on there.
      anywho did you try any of these ?

and just to make sure
      -unplug all cords to box
      -on computer start the burning tool (hopefully you put the liscense in the right folder when installing)
      -load image in burntool make sure the Erase flash and erase bootloader is checked and force erase all is in dropdown, click start
      -plug usb into computer
      -holding toothpick in audio port plug usb into the right side usb ( if looking down on box )
      -wait a few mins until it starts

gl
      HAS I have learned the hard way Super Su is not compatible with the box, even if the box is factory rooted.
      You can not imagine the numbers of firmware I have tried, but has a good news i managed to get the box back to life by flashing it with Tanix Tx9 firmware.
      It is not perfect but at least it is booting. Now if i can get it to load the right firmware I wiil be all set.

Comment

glad you got something to work!
        whats wrong in that rom for you ?

Iknow someone who has this so I borrowed it.
        its t95zplus with 6255 wifi, I installed supersu , updated the binaries and bricked it.
        I got this firmware
        https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/...us-tv-box.html
        1st although it say 7.1.2 its really 7.1.1 anywho burntool worked as hoped.
        got supersu , updated it, bricked again then used this firmware
        https://www.entertainmentbox.com/lat...android-7-1-2/
        and again it says 7.1.2 but its 7.1.1 and it worked as well.
        so then I got rid of the crap SU, flashed twrp and got magisk root and magisk manager on there, now he can have it back lol
        Im almost positive they are both the same firmware.

Comment

Last edited by 1980; 05-30-2018, 23:48.

Comment

if you can boot to twrp ( i spent an hour trying to find one that works , might have been easier to figure out how to build my own twrp, ill look into that )
            the one I found is here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-1-1-with-root
            its the signed twrp zip file, you can boot into it as mentioned there or extract the twrp put onto card and boot from it ( dont see the point in loading the whole os ), your choice.
            anywho im willing to get the box back, strip it down, load root and back it up with twrp so you can try it? but until you find the stock that works I would keep that
            Tanix Tx9 firmware handy in case it ever bricks again

Comment

glad you got something to work!
              whats wrong in that rom for you ?

Iknow someone who has this so I borrowed it.
              its t95zplus with 6255 wifi, I installed supersu , updated the binaries and bricked it.
              I got this firmware
              https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/...us-tv-box.html
              1st although it say 7.1.2 its really 7.1.1 anywho burntool worked as hoped.
              got supersu , updated it, bricked again then used this firmware
              https://www.entertainmentbox.com/lat...android-7-1-2/
              and again it says 7.1.2 but its 7.1.1 and it worked as well.
              so then I got rid of the crap SU, flashed twrp and got magisk root and magisk manager on there, now he can have it back lol
              Im almost positive they are both the same firmware.
              Thank you for the links but I already tried those and even had to use the short pin method to reload the Tanix sofware.

Comment

Originally posted by 1980 View Post
                Wow I do not know where you got that firmware but it did the trick, USB burning tool send it right away to my box and i am back in business, everything works Ethernet, the clock, the led.
                Nice find. I thank you very much and everybody that had an error trying to burn bask their firmware after installing SU should try this one.
                This is the only 7.1.2 firmware for the T95Z plus that worked for me, and I have tried every other available that I could find even the one from Superceleron.
                A lot of them had to use the Short pin method to recover.
                Thanks again man.

Comment

if you have to short the pins to get recovery use the method they did in the other link (ota update method) to root properly

let us know how you make out.
                  thats so odd you have 6255 and that one worked, now I have to get that box back to try and see if it works here too out of crazy curiousity lol
                  ​​​​​​​gl

Comment

if you have to short the pins to get recovery use the method they did in the other link (ota update method) to root properly

let us know how you make out.
                    thats so odd you have 6255 and that one worked, now I have to get that box back to try and see if it works here too out of crazy curiousity lol
                    ​​​​​​​gl
                    That method got me in trouble more than anything else, but now my box is back to original state and the rest is history.
                    I can brick it has much has i want, I know now how to resurrect it.
                    The USB burning tool is really what save me. If the manufacturer Had not implemented is weird root to force us to use is crappy software all of this would not have happened.
                    Anyway I am thankful to everybody that tried to help and especially to "1980" who saved my life, in stopping me from banging my head on the wall, with is file.

Comment

yes it would have been nice to easily find your firmware bc usbburntool is pretty critical when or if it gets bricked.

its not rooting that got you into trouble either...
                      it was NOT removing the 1/2 root or whatever it is that comes pre-loaded.

again bc shorting pins I think is painful so if you use the method from the other post you dont need to do that.

-the operation is check for root and remove if there is, which we know there is
                      -so boot to twrp from that post (doesnt install just boots) then install the updateUnsu.zip that will remove root.
                      then you reboot and root will be gone.
                      -then get into twrp again, this time installing magisk15.3.zip
                      then reboot, now your done with twrp and flashing stuff and your rooted.
                      -then to finish setup ...
                      now when box is on go into magisk manager, it will ask to update say yes, it will download new magisk manager
                      install it then your all done , fully and properly rooted!
                      for some root operations it does require busybox
                      gl

Comment

Your box can be used properly just like SuperSuper can not be installed, I also installed. Immediately called the box factory technician to me. I am sharing with you. Firm yourself to retain a

Comment

Originally posted by 1980 View Post
                          Your box can be used properly just like SuperSuper can not be installed, I also installed. Immediately called the box factory technician to me. I am sharing with you. Firm yourself to retain a
                          The firmware you posted is the only one that worked for my box.
                          Has far has SU is concerned we do not need to install it, since the box is factory rooted any software that required root is installable and all you have to do is give it root permission.
                          I installed SU at first because I believed I needed it to give root permission but it is not the case. The box is speedy has it is, it just did not let me update KODI to the latest version at first but I fixed it with Total Commander and now every thing is fine.

Comment

[QUOTE=LeMaestro;n706453]
                            The firmware you posted is the only one that worked for my box.
                            Has far has SU is concerned we do not need to install it, since the box is factory rooted any software that required root is installable and all you have to do is give it root permission.
                            I installed SU at first because I believed I needed it to give root permission but it is not the case. The box is speedy has it is, it just did not let me update KODI to the latest version at first but I fixed it with Total Commander and now every thing is fine.

[/QUOT
                            I am new to the box There are suggestions on the use, I can turn around for you, can I not know

Comment

the best thing about this thread is that 1980 (yay and thx 1980 !! ) got you the right firmware ( which ive yet to try )!!

I want to be clear about rooting though bc anyone reading this should know

when you root there is 2 parts
                              1-root code is installed onto the device
                              2-you NEED a ROOT MANAGER to allow or deny permissions

whats on these boxes is only part 1
                              (if it does have some magical part 2 that is unseen I would be scared bc it will allow root access to everything not to mention its closed source and I also highly doubt it will grant permission properly to most apps)
                              you NEED part 2 as well

if you root is up to you, im just trying to be helpful bc so much on here has helped me so Im passing it along if I can.

If you do require root, do as mentioned above please .

heres an old article but it explains a little more, just everywhere it mentions SuperSU replace with Magisk by topjohmwu !
                              https://www.fonepaw.com/solution/sup...anagement.html

and this is why you want open source root which is definately not the case on that box or SuperSU
                              https://www.xda-developers.com/the-i...ource-in-root/

and right here it explains how ChainFire gave up SuperSu and its now closed source
                              https://www.xda-developers.com/chain...ersu-february/

Magisk is open source which we like !

gl

Comment

Working...
                              X