TX92 S912-3G-32G-NHG47L problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX92 S912-3G-32G-NHG47L problems

I have a TX92 TV Box and out of the box it crashed. I checked for OTA updates and it was up to date. I then went to the Tanix-box www and downloaded the firmware and upgraded it. It got to 10% and stopped. After rebooting it it never turned on again. I found on this forum that I had to touch 2 pins together on the Toshiba chip which then allowed it to show up on my PC. I then tried installing the following ROMS which all failed at 2% (incorrect ROM's):

update_Nexus_Z6_Nano_NHG47L-20180119
    TX92-20171230.img
    VORKE-Z6-20171221
    Nexus_Z6_Stock_NHG47L-20180119

I then emailed the seller from **** and he emailed me the correct firmware:
    TX92-LP-20180410

This worked and the box is back up and running but it still crashes all the time. Check the video link.

I wanted to know if there are any ROM's here that I can use on the box? Below are all the details I can find on it.

TX92
    q201
    amlogic
    Mali-T820
    7.1.2(32-bit)
    NHG47L
    Linux version 3.14.29
    Linaro-1.13.1-4.9-2014.09

Any help would be great.

You can use t95z to try it out. I can use your firmware with t95z. If it is still the same situation, it should be the problem with your box.

Comment

Tanix have not released any further stock rom updates after the 20171230 firmware. Not sure where the **** seller got that F/W from but it certainly is not an official tx92 F/W.

I updated mine without problems using the UPDATE&BACKUP app which is pre loaded onto the tx92.

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can try 20180526 (BETA but stable):
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQr...nvIfNoYId/view

[EDIT: DON'T USE THIS FIRMWARE!! IT BRICKED MY 3GB TX92]
        Last edited by maga_man; 06-01-2018, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by maga_man View Post
          You can try 20180526 (BETA but stable):
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQr...nvIfNoYId/view
          what's the source of this firmware ?

for 2GB or 3GB version ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

what's the source of this firmware ?

for 2GB or 3GB version ?
            It was given by official Tanix Facebook page.

Not sure. 3GB most likely. I asked them, they haven't replied yet.

P.S. I don't know how to update the firmware. Can you please tell me how? I have 3GB/32GB version. Currently running firmware version 20180410 (10th April 2018).. Same as OP. It came with the box.

Very disappointed so far. The box lags like hell, keeps freezing, Have to restart over and over again. Disappointing performance. Can't even shut it down with my air mouse, it keeps restarting.

Everytime I shut down the box using air mouse it restarts. Everytime!

I have to use the physical button on the box itself to turn off the device and even that some times doesn't work.

Desperately looking upgrade/downgrade the firmware so it runs smoothly.
            Last edited by maga_man; 06-01-2018, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by my_xr6_turbo View Post
              I then emailed the seller from **** and he emailed me the correct firmware:
              TX92-LP-20180410
              Hi, could you please send me the link of the TX92-LP-20180410 firmware? Also, I don't know how to update the firmware. Can you please tell me how? Thanks.

Comment

P.S. I don't know how to update the firmware. Can you please tell me how? I have 3GB/32GB version. Currently running firmware version 20180410 (10th April 2018).. Same as OP. It came with the box.

Very disappointed so far. The box lags like hell, keeps freezing, Have to restart over and over again. Disappointing performance. Can't even shut it down with my air mouse, it keeps restarting.

I have to use the physical button on the box itself to turn off the device and even that some times doesn't work.

you need to put ota update file on sd card or usb drive then use update&backup app for flashing

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

you need to put ota update file on sd card or usb drive then use update&backup app for flashing
                  If there's a power outage during the firmware update process will my device be permanently bricked?

Comment

Please help!!! My TX92 is bricked. It doesn't start. No lcd display. Please help!!

I updated with the firmware tanix facebook page gave me.

There was no power interruptions during the firmware update process!!

This is the firmware.
                    20180526 (BETA but stable): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQr...nvIfNoYId/view

I put the .zip file in USB drive and opened update&backup app then selected the .zip file and pressed update.

It then restarted and showed that it is updating. After it finished updating it restarted again and there was no display. The lcd display on the box is not showing anything and nothing is happening. Please help!!

Comment

Please help!!! My TX92 is bricked. It doesn't start. No lcd display. Please help!!

I updated with the firmware tanix facebook page gave me.

There was no power interruptions during the firmware update process!!

This is the firmware.
                      20180526 (BETA but stable): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQr...nvIfNoYId/view

I put the .zip file in USB drive and opened update&backup app then selected the .zip file and pressed update.

It then restarted and showed that it is updating. After it finished updating it restarted again and there was no display. The lcd display on the box is not showing anything and nothing is happening. Please help!!
                      UPDATE: SOLVED!! I MANAGED TO UNBRICK THE DEVICE. THANKS TO THE POST BELOW!

Some minor things I did:
                      Since I run Windows 10, USB burning tool didn't work at first. Then I changed the compatibility to Windows 7 and finally it worked. Also, I used the same Vorke Z6 Plus Firmware linked in the post. I tried with Tanix TX92 firmware given by their official website but it didn't work.

My box had many problems with my box with the original firmware (20180410) that came with the box. After using the Vorke firmware it's runs flawlessly.
                      So many thanks to Sol-geek-newbie for saving my box/life!

Comment

3GB only confirmed info

Comment

So I take it the 'official' tanix tx-92 beta FW 20180526 is no good then?

Comment

Originally posted by beastobadness View Post
                            So I take it the 'official' tanix tx-92 beta FW 20180526 is no good then?
                            Nope. Use Vorke Z6 Plus Firmware if you have TX92 LP DDR3 3GB Ram.
                            Last edited by maga_man; 09-13-2019, 10:35.

Comment

Nope. Use Vorke Z6 Plus Firmware it you have TX92 LP DDR3 3GB Ram.
                              Hi maga_man I notice it is now more than 6 months since you flashed the Vorke Z6 Plus firmware to your TX92 LP box.

I would appreciate if you could give us an update on the reliability of the rom, and which version you actually flashed.

Comment

Working...
                              X