Android Box shut down problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Box shut down problem

My Tanix TX92 box won't shut down. The box restarts instead of shutting down. I had this problem from the beginning then I changed the firmware and the problem stopped for a while and now it's back again.

Every time I try to turn off the device with my air mouse from the navigation bar it doesn't shut down but rather restarts.

I have to use the physical power button on the box itself to turn off the device and even that some times doesn't work. I have to try multiple times.

I tried with downloading shut down apps from play store but no solution. The box restarts instead of shutting down.

Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?

Originally posted by maga_man View Post
    My Tanix TX92 box won't shut down. The box restarts instead of shutting down. I had this problem from the beginning then I changed the firmware and the problem stopped for a while and now it's back again.

Every time I try to turn off the device with my air mouse from the navigation bar it doesn't shut down but rather restarts.

I have to use the physical power button on the box itself to turn off the device and even that some times doesn't work. I have to try multiple times.

I tried with downloading shut down apps from play store but no solution. The box restarts instead of shutting down.

Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?
    Read the answer of your question on 4PDA forum.

Comment

Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post
      Read the answer of your question on 4PDA forum.
      No solution. Problem still there.

Comment

Originally posted by maga_man View Post

No solution. Problem still there.
        A small increase of the voltage from the charger unit may cause such problems, so you have to try with another charger.

Comment

Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post

A small increase of the voltage from the charger unit may cause such problems, so you have to try with another charger.
          I don't think it's a hardware problem. I think it's a software problem. Because when I press the physical power button on the box itself to turn off the device it works.

Comment

It’s a setting for power button options

Comment

I've found a reliable solution. I've tried almost everything and this is the only software-based that works reliably.

The app is called Material Power Menu by Naman Dwivedi
              https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...an14.powermenu

It works 99% of the time. It shuts down the box properly however there is no keyboard support so you have to use mouse.

It's also open-source on github

ROOT Required.
              Last edited by maga_man; 10-05-2019, 09:08.

Comment

Working...
              X