Fixed SCV4 ATV for newer LPDDR3 H96Pro Plus blue main board boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed SCV4 ATV for newer LPDDR3 H96Pro Plus blue main board boxes

Adding a note, as I am not the Dev.... here is a link to obtain the latest SCV4 ATV for LPDDR3 blue boards. Found it was released days ago this month. It is a fixed DDR3/DDR4 SCV4 firmware, as a flashable image for the use on the blue LP main boards only.

Thanks to yuri4pda at 4pda!
    Last edited by X92-2GB; 07-15-2018, 16:46.

Got around to installing it... its not perfect, but does cover Android TV very well.

Since it is not refined by superceleron, there are a few things that I had to do. Updated some system apps that were not touched by the firmware guru on 4pda.ru.

installed DNLA app and libs. Removed Google and lean back launcher junk. Updated Google remote and chrome cast. They were not updated as well, and needed manual replacement, due to change in apk structure.

updated build.prop to allow more features and DTS-ENHANCED, added internal video player and removed file explorer, since I have solid explorer pro.

Found some issues with some phone apps. No fix can be done without some system hacks or reworks. The effected apps are with STV, NatGeo, Fox now, and FX now fail during load.

A minor issue with titanium backup pro. The action bar on top is missing. So you cannot search, or start the action. Could be with screen size settings, or missing a lib file or framework. So what ever is affecting ti backup on the top action bar, is causing the tv apps to fail.

I will also test with the developer options, as well when adjusting settings.

All in all it allows all the TV apps to operate, just some phone apps have issues, which is OK for now as it is a TV device.

Comment

Did a wee more testing, and still have the same issues as stated, but system is the most stable I have ran with outside of a few phone apps having fc issues.

glad I made a complete ti backup of stock firmware. Needed to install DROID settings. Without it the display is only half setup. Will get to some lib stuff and test further.

Comment

Some info before I start with lib files... updated all system files that were below 7.1.2, but settings wallpaper, package installer, and leanback keyboard. Finished with build.prop edits, and made sure the finger print and OTA settings show up as a proper MIBOX from a MIBOX3 build.prop. Disabled system updates, because Oreo package was part of MIBOX update along with being build for X905 CPU. Google play services see my box as a proper MIBOX. System runs super smooth. I can't imagine any better, unless all phone app compatibility.

Found a nice fix for using SuperCeleron's test version for blue, within his S4 A TV for green main boards. The problem is with V6 blue boards, the boot partition is not updated for any newer twrp recovery updates with img and zip packages. Had to reinstall magisk to push the proper package and reinstall. Once the boot loader partition was updated, twrp 3.1.x and greater can perform a proper recovery.

So, both firmwares need a reinstall of magisk to clear up the partition scheme of factory V6 blue board. Might be able to keep the updated bootloader when flash flashing other firmwares when disabling erase bootloader when setting up the flash tool.

tested YouTube 4k and found no need to buy a 4k TV, my 8 year old 63" 1080p dlp finally shows what it can do. Problem is over heated and locked up my box. Now I must make a cooling mod to correct the high heat generated with 4k video.

Another fix that I wanted to verify before stating, is IR stability. Bumping up some settings is all that is needed.
        repeat_delay = 130 repeat_peroid = 130 release_delay = 15

Comment

Working...
        X