Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me figure out which Android TV rom to flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me figure out which Android TV rom to flash?

I have a green board, CZ-S32-V3(DDR4) 2016-12-15(A15).

Problem is I have flashed superceleron's AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

I can get it booted up but it randomly stops within 5 minutes, never longer. So I figured either the rom isnt right or my unit may just be bad. I used to use it every night, but since I got asome nvidia shields, I havent touched it. I wanted to play with it again to see how AndroidTV ran on it.

Side note, I purchased it on Amazon as a "EstgoSZ 2017 Amlogic S912 Octa-core [3G DDR3/32G eMMC] Android 6.0 Marshmallow 4K TV Box with Dual Band 2.4G/5G WIFI"

Any ideas? Thannks much all!

Hmm I think the problem is the chip soldering. The balls are losing contact when it heats up and cools down.

Comment

Originally posted by xsirxx View Post
      I have a green board, CZ-S32-V3(DDR4) 2016-12-15(A15).

Problem is I have flashed superceleron's AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

I can get it booted up but it randomly stops within 5 minutes, never longer. So I figured either the rom isnt right or my unit may just be bad. I used to use it every night, but since I got asome nvidia shields, I havent touched it. I wanted to play with it again to see how AndroidTV ran on it.

Side note, I purchased it on Amazon as a "EstgoSZ 2017 Amlogic S912 Octa-core [3G DDR3/32G eMMC] Android 6.0 Marshmallow 4K TV Box with Dual Band 2.4G/5G WIFI"

Any ideas? Thannks much all!
      Have you tried a new power supply yet? I see a lot of discussion about power supplies causing random strange problems in the H96 Pro+ and its variants. I too have a Shield but still use my H96 everyday. Also, if the rom runs for 5 minutes, I doubt the rom is causing the problems. I also know Android 7 can make your box run a bit warmer. I modded mine with vents and a fan. You might also try to load SuperCeleron's 6.0 ATV rom. If it runs good, your box is overheating running the Android 7 rom. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post

Have you tried a new power supply yet? I see a lot of discussion about power supplies causing random strange problems in the H96 Pro+ and its variants. I too have a Shield but still use my H96 everyday. Also, if the rom runs for 5 minutes, I doubt the rom is causing the problems. I also know Android 7 can make your box run a bit warmer. I modded mine with vents and a fan. You might also try to load SuperCeleron's 6.0 ATV rom. If it runs good, your box is overheating running the Android 7 rom. Hope this helps.
        Thanks for the response . Unfortunately if I press down on the processor it is fine. The minute I let up, it locks up again . I think I overheated the solder too much already hah.

Comment

Thanks for the response . Unfortunately if I press down on the processor it is fine. The minute I let up, it locks up again . I think I overheated the solder too much already hah.
          Well, you're probably right. When you push down, are you pushing on the heat sink and then the processor. Have you tried easing off the heat sink and applying a new thermal pad? Something I left out earlier, I put a larger heat sink on my H96 and glued it on with Artic Silver epoxy. I can see from your join date your probably no stranger to Android TV Boxes so sorry if I'm stating the obvious. Maybe devise some type of clamping system from old computer parts? Or a piece of wood cut perfectly or shims to wedge against the top of the case and processor heat sink to apply pressure? If it were mine and all else had failed, Id probably take it out of the case, clamp it together with one of those trigger clamps with plastic covers and run it out of the box till I killed it. Best of luck man. I have a really hard time turning my back on these little boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post

Well, you're probably right. When you push down, are you pushing on the heat sink and then the processor. Have you tried easing off the heat sink and applying a new thermal pad? Something I left out earlier, I put a larger heat sink on my H96 and glued it on with Artic Silver epoxy. I can see from your join date your probably no stranger to Android TV Boxes so sorry if I'm stating the obvious. Maybe devise some type of clamping system from old computer parts? Or a piece of wood cut perfectly or shims to wedge against the top of the case and processor heat sink to apply pressure? If it were mine and all else had failed, Id probably take it out of the case, clamp it together with one of those trigger clamps with plastic covers and run it out of the box till I killed it. Best of luck man. I have a really hard time turning my back on these little boxes.
            Hah I'm with ya there! Yeah I took it off, what a piece of crap heatsink. Honestly they would last a lot longer with a better one. I agree though, I never give up on electronics. I have a bunch of arcades I have bought broken, Ms Pacman, galaga, galaxian, centipede, on and on that I bought broken just to figure out how to revive and have been successfully enjoying them since . I've been a fixer since I was a kid and hate seeing parts of my childhood get passed by. Partly why I became a developer . If it's clamped itll work but unfortunately the problem still exists. I've always wanted to get into ball soldering, but never have. This might be that opportunity . The most work hardware done I have done is programming chips, soldering pots, caps, sockets, that sorta thing. I hate duck tape approaches haha.

Comment

Hah I'm with ya there! Yeah I took it off, what a piece of crap heatsink. Honestly they would last a lot longer with a better one. I agree though, I never give up on electronics. I have a bunch of arcades I have bought broken, Ms Pacman, galaga, galaxian, centipede, on and on that I bought broken just to figure out how to revive and have been successfully enjoying them since . I've been a fixer since I was a kid and hate seeing parts of my childhood get passed by. Partly why I became a developer . If it's clamped itll work but unfortunately the problem still exists. I've always wanted to get into ball soldering, but never have. This might be that opportunity . The most work hardware done I have done is programming chips, soldering pots, caps, sockets, that sorta thing. I hate duck tape approaches haha.
              Yeah, same here, Im a guitar player and solder my own guitars, mod amps and pedals. Chipped a few Playstations back in the day. But I dont think these old eyes could hang with those tiny solder pads. You might give it a go and see what happens. I love all those games you mentioned by the way. I spent my share of quarters back in the late 70's early 80's.Good times!

Comment

Working...
              X